Changing the present job

Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

holdingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Changing the present job

I sent my application to DIMA in Feb. I may get my med/pcc after four months. But I recently got a job offer from a good company. If I choose to take the job should I keep DIMA updated?

Thanks
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:58 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Red face Re: Changing the present job

Originally Posted by holdingon
I sent my application to DIMA in Feb. I may get my med/pcc after four months. But I recently got a job offer from a good company. If I choose to take the job should I keep DIMA updated?

Thanks
I have changed job since my application went into the DIMIA. The occupation is the same, just different company. When the DIMIA wrote to us asking for Medicals and P/C's they sent a form 'Change of Circumstances' which I filled in. I also sent a reference, job spec etc along with the information. Would you be able to obtain that sort of information from a new employer? The DIMIA didn't ask for the ref, but I sent it regardless as I'm lucky enough to be working with someone who knows about my application.

It might be worth getting advice from an agent.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:23 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changing the present job

Originally Posted by holdingon

Thanks
I thought once you had your skills assessment which specifies you must have worked 12 of the last 18 months in the skill seeking assessment for you were in the clear?

Can anyone advise me if this is wrong, as we have just sent off the skills assessment but hubby is planning on getting a new job very soon in totally different trade!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:31 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I think that once you apply for your visa, then change jobs, then you are ok. do not quote me on it but i am sure that is the requitrement.

once i get my skills assessment through, i will not be able to apply for the visa till March 21st 2005, unless its a skills matching visa which then i could apply September 21st 2004. I have only been working in this employment, which is on the SOL since March 22nd 2004. previous job was not on SOL so hence the change for the 12 month criteria

Hope it helps

Rob

Originally Posted by bridiej
I thought once you had your skills assessment which specifies you must have worked 12 of the last 18 months in the skill seeking assessment for you were in the clear?

Can anyone advise me if this is wrong, as we have just sent off the skills assessment but hubby is planning on getting a new job very soon in totally different trade!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:34 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Forgot to say that he can change his job but it must be to a job (any) on the SOL

Hope it helps

Rob

Originally Posted by bridiej

Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:07 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Forgot to say that he can change his job but it must be to a job (any) on the SOL

Hope it helps

Rob
Thank God for that!

If he changes it will be to electrician, so we should be OK on that one...

This is SO complicated....