What could possibly be CO ASKS

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What could possibly be CO ASKS

Originally Posted by vs326
Hi!
I am a GSM applicant from India.Misguided in a sense where he actually said that It will be okie to submit IELTS proficient post GSM lodging even after sep 2007 changes!I followed what he said.Passed the IELTS proficient and alreadysubmitted to DIAC.

The question now is about the validity part.

Now he himself is worried and not sure if my IELTS will be considered or not and wants me to withdraw my application and re-do it.
He wrote an email to DIAC,the reply included all the requirements etc,validity part etc but in few lines also says:
"if you lodge ur GSM application without IELTS results and subsequently fails to achive it,the decision maker need to allow you that one oppurtunity(one examination)to pass the IELTS."

This is contradictory.Top paragraphs says IELTS as validity requirement but later finishes with the above given line.
I don't see that as contradictory. First assertion is that you can submit IELTS post-lodgement. Second part says you get one opportunity to pass IELTS (which you've had).

One more question If during the processing of an application the IELTS is upgraded which points will be considered the latest upgraded one or the previous sent with the application?

Thanks & regards
VS
My response above already outlined my opinion on this. If you resubmit, what do you have to lose? Worst that can happen is that you lose some cash, and you are still assessed on your intial IELTS.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

vs326 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bumble69
I don't see that as contradictory. First assertion is that you can submit IELTS post-lodgement. Second part says you get one opportunity to pass IELTS (which you've had).

My response above already outlined my opinion on this. If you resubmit, what do you have to lose? Worst that can happen is that you lose some cash, and you are still assessed on your intial IELTS.
Hi

But I didnt submit the competent IELTs to DIAC, instead i said applied for and claimed 25 points.As with the previous one in total i stood at 115 only.
But as I have submitted only the latest one it comes to 125.I just hope they accept & calculate the latest one which I have sent fot the points allocation.

Uve been kind,thanks I am getting a bit confident now.
Actually I am nervous becoz DIAC on other links states that IELTS Threshold is must at the time of lodging the GSM applicatiion.On the other hand in the same letter have the above mentioned lines also.What do they mean by must have at the time of lodgement or else it will be invalid and returned.in next lines write ,"will be given one oppurtunity etc etc."

Thanks for the replies.
Regards
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vs326
Hi

But I didnt submit the competent IELTs to DIAC, instead i said applied for and claimed 25 points.As with the previous one in total i stood at 115 only.
But as I have submitted only the latest one it comes to 125.I just hope they accept & calculate the latest one which I have sent fot the points allocation.

Uve been kind,thanks I am getting a bit confident now.
Actually I am nervous becoz DIAC on other links states that IELTS Threshold is must at the time of lodging the GSM applicatiion.On the other hand in the same letter have the above mentioned lines also.What do they mean by must have at the time of lodgement or else it will be invalid and returned.in next lines write ,"will be given one oppurtunity etc etc."

Thanks for the replies.
Regards
I've no idea what you're asking now. I suspect we're going round in circles, so I'm going to leave it there. Good luck.