we are at the very early stages.....

Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

NCTATTOO34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question we are at the very early stages.....

we are thinking of buggering off to oz on a skilled workers visa... we want to go to victoria and get a 20acre holding...
how easy is it to do the forms and application yourself? how long does it take & how long is the visa valid for? we want to leave england mid 2007... when do we start and when do we have to pay for the visa?
my wife is the skilled worker.. my proffesion is not on the list... can i work in oz under her entry visa?
thanks
nctattoo
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we are at the very early stages.....

Originally Posted by NCTATTOO34
we are thinking of buggering off to oz on a skilled workers visa... we want to go to victoria and get a 20acre holding...
how easy is it to do the forms and application yourself? how long does it take & how long is the visa valid for? we want to leave england mid 2007... when do we start and when do we have to pay for the visa?
my wife is the skilled worker.. my proffesion is not on the list... can i work in oz under her entry visa?
thanks
nctattoo
Read the info on the DIMIA website it should answer some questions.

http://www.immi.gov.au/

You can do the application yourself, but you may want to use an agent - personal choice really.

It depends which visa class you go for as to how long it takes. You can get a rough idea on www.austimeline.com.

Hope that helps
Wendy