Balance of family test....

Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:49 pm
Smile!

slmch is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Balance of family test....

Hi
New around here and am finding it hard work!

Just got a question --
I am hoping someone will be able to help me.
My mother is hoping to move out to Australia in a few years to be with me.
She has 4 children in total.
One in Australia. Three in UK.
But one of those three is under 18 and would be emigrating with her.
How does this work? Would they still count the youngest child as living in UK even though she would eventually be in Australia thus meaning my mother had at least half of her children in Australia?

Sorry if it all sounds long winded and very complicated.
But I hope that someone understands what it is I'm asking and can help!

Help and advice much appreciated.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Balance of family test....

Originally Posted by slmch
Hi
New around here and am finding it hard work!

Just got a question --
I am hoping someone will be able to help me.
My mother is hoping to move out to Australia in a few years to be with me.
She has 4 children in total.
One in Australia. Three in UK.
But one of those three is under 18 and would be emigrating with her.
How does this work? Would they still count the youngest child as living in UK even though she would eventually be in Australia thus meaning my mother had at least half of her children in Australia?

Sorry if it all sounds long winded and very complicated.
But I hope that someone understands what it is I'm asking and can help!

Help and advice much appreciated.
Which visa is she hoping to apply for? If she is applying in her own right (eg skilled visa) she would not have a problem re the number of children. If she is wanting to apply for a parent visa then I don't think she'll be eligible to apply having only 1 child out of 4 here. I may be wrong - I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will help out, but I don't think the fact that one of the children will come with her will affect her actually getting the visa.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:45 pm
Smile!

slmch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pootle
Which visa is she hoping to apply for? If she is applying in her own right (eg skilled visa) she would not have a problem re the number of children. If she is wanting to apply for a parent visa then I don't think she'll be eligible to apply having only 1 child out of 4 here. I may be wrong - I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will help out, but I don't think the fact that one of the children will come with her will affect her actually getting the visa.
Thanks for replying.
She is 45 so unfortunately just too old for skilled visa.
We were hoping to apply for parent visa.
What I was trying to find out was that although at present only one of four children live in Oz.....one more would be coming so then there would be two.....does this count?
I've looked and looked to see if this is possible but haven't been able to find anything....it seems that there aren't many people in this situation, who have three adult children whilst also having a young child.

I can't see any other option for a visa for her except parent visa.
She is a social worker, has a degree, work experience etc. but is just over the age limit.
The child is 9 years old.
Is there another option that I'm missing?
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slmch
I can't see any other option for a visa for her except parent visa.
She is a social worker, has a degree, work experience etc. but is just over the age limit.
The child is 9 years old.
Is there another option that I'm missing?

Is employer nomination a possibility? (the 45 age limit can be waived for employer nomination). Download and read booklet 5:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books_migrate.htm

Jeremy