We got our student visa :)

Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice
Default Re: We got our student visa :)

Originally Posted by Cathy Makin
Hi goingozwards,

Was just wondering if you could tell me how you received notification from them about your visa. I know you said it was your agent that called you, did they email or post? Its just I applied nearly 3 weeks ago independently and havent heard anything and was hoping to book flights asap.

Was really insipred when I heard how quickly yours came through, I bet you cant wait, I just want to book my flights then I can start looking forward to it too.

Thanks for your help.

Cathy
X
hi cathy,

have you applied online for your student visa and did you frontload your medicals?? i am applying on friday (124 days before - and counting) for my student visa and i'm doing it online. i had medicals done 2 weeks ago and they will be sent off when i ask them to. i got very excited to hear how quick the visa was granted, now feel a bit worried as i want to book flights asap too. what are you studying??

clare
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant future

Hi Claire

I am studying Health & Community Welfare, I applied by mail as the online system wasn't working, it may be an idea for you to do the same as it is supposed to take about the same length of time and have heard lots of people with the same problem.

I have just heard from them actually, they are saying that they havent received my medicals, they were sent on 8 June, so I just hope they turn up soon, they have also asked for full birth certificates for my children as I only sent them the small ones, more expense!

What are you studing? do you have a house to sell? it has been so stressful trying to do both, we are hoping to complete next week and book our flights, assuming my visa has been finalised by then.

Good luck.

Cathy
X
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:19 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats....friends of ours leave...him on 24th June for Brisbane, doing a bricklaying course in Brisbane (nambour) and then she and kids go on or around 22nd July, once kids finish school!
Hope all goes well! Ems x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cathy Makin
Hi goingozwards,

Was just wondering if you could tell me how you received notification from them about your visa. I know you said it was your agent that called you, did they email or post? Its just I applied nearly 3 weeks ago independently and havent heard anything and was hoping to book flights asap.

Was really insipred when I heard how quickly yours came through, I bet you cant wait, I just want to book my flights then I can start looking forward to it too.

Thanks for your help.

Cathy
X
Hi Cathy,

It was about a week when we had a call to say our visa had been approved, then we got our passprots back in the post 3 days later with the Visa in them all.
I know you have since said that you have heard from them, so i would get onto the Dr who did you medicals and ask if they have a tracking reference from when they sent them so they can be tracked down. Good luck
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant future

Hi goingozwards

Thanks for that, they have asked me to send my passport, did you send all of them, I would have thought they needed them all. Meds were delivered on 8 June so I guess its just a waiting game til they reach case officer, hope not too long though wanted to be leaving on 2 July.

Thanks for your reply.

X
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

HI Cathy,

Yes i sent all of them, and we all have a visa in our passports with different limits on them ie; the children have one to say they have to have education etc. My says limits about working, and changing education provider.

I hope you get them done soon, have you already booked your flights even though you haven't got them yet?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi goingozwards

Thought so, no I havent booked flights, just desperate too as the prices keep going up. We have to be out of our house on 28 June, so we were just hoping to get there as soon as we could after as we are having to stay with my sister in her conservatory!

We have both given in our notice which finishe at the end of the month and our cars are going then too, the things is you have to plan things as if you are going as people need notice to do things. I think that is what I have found so stressful, shippers needed booking we only had one that could come at 2 weeks notice.

So I am just hoping that as they have asked for passports there shouldnt be too long a wait, assuming my medicals turn up pretty quickly, they have had my application for almost 3 weeks so I would imagine they have looked at everything else. I will send off my passports tomorrow, so they should have them by Wednesday, so fingers crossed should get them back some time next week.

Cathy
Old Jun 18th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: We got our student visa :)

Originally Posted by goingozwards2007
We have our student visa

Okay, i know to some of you it is only a "student Visa", but to us it is our first step on our big journey.

We are now trying to get some flights booked for 25th July, so that our sons can finish the school term, and Molly (our doggie) has already got her flight booked for 23rd July, and is visiting Eastern Creek for 30 days!!!

Whooppeeee!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS