We got our student visa :)

Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all
Default We got our student visa :)

We have our student visa

Okay, i know to some of you it is only a "student Visa", but to us it is our first step on our big journey.

We are now trying to get some flights booked for 25th July, so that our sons can finish the school term, and Molly (our doggie) has already got her flight booked for 23rd July, and is visiting Eastern Creek for 30 days!!!

Whooppeeee!!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:19 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We got our student visa :)

Originally Posted by goingozwards2007
We have our student visa

Okay, i know to some of you it is only a "student Visa", but to us it is our first step on our big journey.

We are now trying to get some flights booked for 25th July, so that our sons can finish the school term, and Molly (our doggie) has already got her flight booked for 23rd July, and is visiting Eastern Creek for 30 days!!!

Whooppeeee!!!!!
Well done!

This was a route we briefly thought of but finances couldnt allow due to the term time work restrictions.

What are you studying?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

I am going to be studying Hairdressing, and can't wait. I am really looking forward to studying something new, luckily we have enough funds to support us through our house sale.
We know others can't afford to do this, but we have worked so hard over the last 15-20 years it will be nice to get off the work treadmill, and enjoy something we want to do instead of having to do it for the gain of others ie; The Boss's at work!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Was is easy enough to get? We are probably going to be going down that route. Do you have to have the medicals and police checks for the student visa?

Good luck with the course.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

We have our student visa

Whooppeeee!!!!!
Good on you both............................no 'only' about it................as you say.......youve got the funds and want to embrace a change in your working lives.............This will be he start of a great adventure..........enjoy!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

rach_and_doc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Well done. Was is easy enough to get? We are probably going to be going down that route. Do you have to have the medicals and police checks for the student visa?

Good luck with the course.
we came over on the student visa and did not need the police checks but did need the medicals, but am looking for a sponser now as finding it hard to make ends meet financially as we have four kids, good luck because it is a great country to live in and bring up kids.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

We have our student visa

Whooppeeee!!!!!
Hey

A visa is a visa!!!! CONGRATULATIONS

Good luck in your new life. Hope Molly enjoys her holiday!

Di x
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:04 am
Just Joined

CaseyJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! Can I ask you how long it took to approve your meds from the time they were sent off? We're just waiting for the meds to arrive with the immigration department, they were sent on the 21st May
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CaseyJones
Congratulations! Can I ask you how long it took to approve your meds from the time they were sent off? We're just waiting for the meds to arrive with the immigration department, they were sent on the 21st May
Hi Casey,

Wed had meds done on 24th May, and heard yesterday about visa. Our application was submitted by post, because there were problems trying to do it online.

We have now booked flights today, going with Malaysia airlines on 25th July.......
Old Jun 8th 2007, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

CaseyJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Grr, that's useful to know - we couriered across our meds and they were signed for on 24th July, but they can't find them! Good luck in Oz, hope everything goes well for you and the family!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice

Hi Casey,

Wed had meds done on 24th May, and heard yesterday about visa. Our application was submitted by post, because there were problems trying to do it online.

We have now booked flights today, going with Malaysia airlines on 25th July.......
hi, i am also going to do a course in hairdressing in brisbane - course starts 24th oct. we had our meds done today, handsworth medical centre is really good, they are holding them until i give them our file number. i will apply online on 22 june for the student visa. fingers crossed. from the time you got assigned to a case officer and the "congratulations, here's your student visa" how long did it take.

you must be so excited!!!! CONGRATULATIONS
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:18 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clarie
hi, i am also going to do a course in hairdressing in brisbane - course starts 24th oct. we had our meds done today, handsworth medical centre is really good, they are holding them until i give them our file number. i will apply online on 22 june for the student visa. fingers crossed. from the time you got assigned to a case officer and the "congratulations, here's your student visa" how long did it take.

you must be so excited!!!! CONGRATULATIONS
Hi Clarie,

Meds done 24th May, App sent 1st June, got the call from agent 6th June, booked flights 7th June, so much quicker than i thought it would be.

I am starting the month before you, if you are going to the same college, i will se you there.......
Good luck with your app.....
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice

Hi Clarie,

Meds done 24th May, App sent 1st June, got the call from agent 6th June, booked flights 7th June, so much quicker than i thought it would be.

I am starting the month before you, if you are going to the same college, i will se you there.......
Good luck with your app.....
WOW - that was really quick. hope ours is that quick!!! i am going to wynne-hoelscher academy in brisbane to do my course. never done hairdressing before but hey, why not!!! good luck with your new life.

clare
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Cathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant future

Hi goingozwards,

Was just wondering if you could tell me how you received notification from them about your visa. I know you said it was your agent that called you, did they email or post? Its just I applied nearly 3 weeks ago independently and havent heard anything and was hoping to book flights asap.

Was really insipred when I heard how quickly yours came through, I bet you cant wait, I just want to book my flights then I can start looking forward to it too.

Thanks for your help.

Cathy
X

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.