The waiting is over....

Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Thadie is a jewel in the roughThadie is a jewel in the roughThadie is a jewel in the roughThadie is a jewel in the roughThadie is a jewel in the rough
Question The waiting is over....

We have our visa at last - hope to validate in new year.

Now the next big hurdle is the TRA for my husband. We got the visa based on my qualifications so didn't have to face the TRA initially but now there is no putting it off.

So......any advice on how to approach this. My husband is an electrician and I have no idea what the next step is....I am assuming he will need TRA approval in order to work in Aus.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Thadie
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:34 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The waiting is over....

Originally Posted by Thadie

Now the next big hurdle is the TRA for my husband. We got the visa based on my qualifications so didn't have to face the TRA initially but now there is no putting it off.

So......any advice on how to approach this. My husband is an electrician and I have no idea what the next step is....I am assuming he will need TRA approval in order to work in Aus.

Thanks Thadie

CONGRATS on the visa!!!

Why does your hubby have to do TRA if you already have visa? Surley he will just have to do the courses for electricians once you get there!!
Someone will correct me if im wrong but i thought TRA was only done so you could apply for a visa!

Kris xx
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Thadie is a jewel in the roughThadie is a jewel in the roughThadie is a jewel in the roughThadie is a jewel in the roughThadie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kris maynard
CONGRATS on the visa!!!

Why does your hubby have to do TRA if you already have visa? Surley he will just have to do the courses for electricians once you get there!!
Someone will correct me if im wrong but i thought TRA was only done so you could apply for a visa!

Kris xx

Thanks for the congrats.....

You know I am really not sure about the TRA thing ! I thought I read somewhere that you needed TRA approval to work in Aus ie/ as electrician, if that is not the case then great, because hubby can just do the course once there to get a licence.

Perhaps someone could confirm this.

Many thanks

Thadie x
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:21 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations on getting your visa
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the congrats.....

You know I am really not sure about the TRA thing ! I thought I read somewhere that you needed TRA approval to work in Aus ie/ as electrician, if that is not the case then great, because hubby can just do the course once there to get a licence.

Perhaps someone could confirm this.

Many thanks

Thadie x
If you search previous threads you should see quite a few re electricians. I'm pretty sure TRA means nothing once you get to Oz and is just used for visa. Once you get there you have to start from scratch re qualifications !!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:02 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: The waiting is over....

Big Congrats
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

brilliant, well done
jacqui
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:33 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Congratulations I'm sure there's no need for TRA, just get yourselves out there.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Thadie
Congrats on Visa. Re. your hubby working as electrician. Even though you didn't need TRA for Visa (which really isn't worth the paper its written on after a lot of hard work (TRA that is!)), hubby will need to personally attend TRA on arrival armed with references, apprenticeship papers, passport with visa, etc. I'm still learning about this myself in the case of a TRA Approval, but I think what then happens is if they are happy with his docs, they then post him out a TRA cert. He can then apply for a permit which allows him to work supervised while doing a practical and theory test (all to be paid for by him, btw) and then he applies for an electrical licence to work in the State. Do a search on the Australia Forum - there's loads on there - very helpful, but your head will be in a tizz after reading it all. (It took me a few days just to work out the above). Best of luck. Michelle
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

congrats Thadie
wonderful news Hugs Lace x
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Congrats on Visa. Re. your hubby working as electrician. Even though you didn't need TRA for Visa (which really isn't worth the paper its written on after a lot of hard work (TRA that is!)), hubby will need to personally attend TRA on arrival armed with references, apprenticeship papers, passport with visa, etc. I'm still learning about this myself in the case of a TRA Approval, but I think what then happens is if they are happy with his docs, they then post him out a TRA cert. He can then apply for a permit which allows him to work supervised while doing a practical and theory test (all to be paid for by him, btw) and then he applies for an electrical licence to work in the State. Do a search on the Australia Forum - there's loads on there - very helpful, but your head will be in a tizz after reading it all. (It took me a few days just to work out the above). Best of luck. Michelle
thats more or less spot on guys
saved me typing fingers ta

steve

you need to apply again to the TRA for a australian trade
certificate ( more paperwork i`m afraid ) i`ll email you info

Last edited by steve`o; Oct 19th 2005 at 7:06 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steve`o

steve

You taught me everything I know, Steve. Have now decided to concentrate on organising other things, like house sale, dog shipping, etc but TRA in Brisbane will have to be hubby's first stop when we get to OZ. Thanks again for earlier e-mail. Hubby read it all after dinner. His main comment was that it seems to be a different story for different people, depending on who you talk to at the Powers That Be. A few very good tips in there though. Michelle
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steve`o

steve

Thanks guys for all your replies and advice.......guess I'll start reading up on this.

Thanks steve - I will e-mail you.

Cheers to all

Thadie x
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:49 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Thadie
Well Done
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:36 am
Banned

esku has a spectacular aura aboutesku has a spectacular aura aboutesku has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.