Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Wait until wedding or send it now as defacto ?

Wait until wedding or send it now as defacto ?

Old Nov 21st 2002, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

carlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wait until wedding or send it now as defacto ?

Hi everybody

Just a question for those who have added a partner after sending form 47SK

I've got my IELTS and I am waiting for my skills assessment from ACS ( I think it should be here in 4-6 weeks). I will get married on Mar.8 next year and the question is whether or not should I send the application with my data as single and then adding my wife to it.
I could attach a letter explaining my situation to DIMIA.

However, I ve got enough papers to show de facto rel. since 1999

What should I do ? Send the defacto proof ? Send it as single ? Wait until wedding ? What about timeline in the different cases ?

Thanks
Carlos
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Im certainly no expert...and also an impatient bugger so couldnt wait until March next year...BUT....if you do send for the defacto relationship make sure you have enough evidence (bookings for the wedding as well as all the other pile of stuff you need would be top evidence I suspect).

Hope this is a little help.
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

carlitos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MrFibbleUK

If I sent the booking for the wedding and a letter explaining my plans and mark the 47SK box as ENGAGED - DATE OF INTENDED MARRIAGE March 03

Would it be necesary to send all the defacto stuff ?

Thanks in advance
Carlos
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Again I am no expert....but I would say to send the defacto stuff as well (just to prove long term relationship an all that stuff).