Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visitor Visa refusal (subclass 600-family sponsored)

Visitor Visa refusal (subclass 600-family sponsored)

Old Nov 15th 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

milon_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor Visa refusal (subclass 600-family sponsored)

Hi,
My fathers’ visa has been refused his Visitor Visa r (subclass 600-family sponsored)
recently on a ground that he did not able show that he will return after visa expires. He has following situation:

1. His two sons in Australia – no close relative in home country as he is widow and no more son or daughter
2. He is retired and he is 62
Case officer only consider above matters in consideration. I am a permanent resident more than two year and sponsor him for his visit and agreed to pay necessary security bond.
His reason of visit was meet me and my family – specially my newly born daughter.

This was his second application. His first visa applied by himself (not by sponsor) was refused on same ground.
During his second visa application he mentioned that he cannot avoid his some conditions like he is retired, widow and no close relatives in home country. And so I sponsored him to assure that he will back. He satisfied all other condition of granting visa like financial and property test etc.

It is really embracing for me that my father is not getting a visa though I am permanent resident and my brother is temporary resident (475 visa holder).

What I can do to get a visa to enter my father in Australia as visitor.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Reg
Hasan
Old Nov 15th 2013, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor Visa refusal (subclass 600-family sponsored)

Maybe get a migration agent to help you with another application? I really don't know what else, most of us are British here and visitor visas will be pretty straightforward.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:26 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milon_h
Hi,
My fathers’ visa has been refused his Visitor Visa r (subclass 600-family sponsored)
recently on a ground that he did not able show that he will return after visa expires. He has following situation:

1. His two sons in Australia – no close relative in home country as he is widow and no more son or daughter
2. He is retired and he is 62
Case officer only consider above matters in consideration. I am a permanent resident more than two year and sponsor him for his visit and agreed to pay necessary security bond.
His reason of visit was meet me and my family – specially my newly born daughter.

This was his second application. His first visa applied by himself (not by sponsor) was refused on same ground.
During his second visa application he mentioned that he cannot avoid his some conditions like he is retired, widow and no close relatives in home country. And so I sponsored him to assure that he will back. He satisfied all other condition of granting visa like financial and property test etc.

It is really embracing for me that my father is not getting a visa though I am permanent resident and my brother is temporary resident (475 visa holder).

What I can do to get a visa to enter my father in Australia as visitor.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Reg
Hasan
He really needs to show that he has continuing ties to his home country. If he can't do that, he's going to find it very difficult I imagine.

I agree with with Bermudashorts. You might want to consult a MARA registered agent to help present the case in the best light.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They like people to show ties like property, bank accounts, business interests, investments and income.

They want to see that he has good reasons to return home. That basically he would have too much to lose by not returning home, If he has more ties in Australia than at home then he will have issues.

Does he have nothing he can put.