Visit at work

Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visit at work

Don't be shocked if you get a visit from the Aus High Commission at work to validate your application form (ACS Skilled). My HR director gave me the raised eyebrow as he perused a copy of my application form kindly brought in to check details of employment. My application was all very secret at work until this time. They apparently catch a lot of no gooders filling in bogus company details and skills.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:44 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Visit at work

Originally posted by gordys
Don't be shocked if you get a visit from the Aus High Commission at work to validate your application form (ACS Skilled). My HR director gave me the raised eyebrow as he perused a copy of my application form kindly brought in to check details of employment. My application was all very secret at work until this time. They apparently catch a lot of no gooders filling in bogus company details and skills.

Really they did this?? Wouldn't have surprised me if they phoned up, but to physically visit - do you work near the AHC?
Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mlbonner
Really they did this?? Wouldn't have surprised me if they phoned up, but to physically visit - do you work near the AHC?
They call to obtain the direct number of the company HR Director. An appointment is scheduled and the next thing you know they're there. Work in London so yes, close to their Offices.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mlbonner
They call to obtain the direct number of the company HR Director. An appointment is scheduled and the next thing you know they're there. Work in London so yes, close to their Offices.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

biba is on a distinguished road

Yep, happened to me, too!
Luckily, my boss knew all about it - he's more excited about me going to Oz than me!

Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:51 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Sometimes ACS do this to check the validity of the application. I haven't told my office yet. But fortunately I got a positive ACS assessment. I hope the same goes for DIMIA.

But its not a schock or surprise to me .... that they call the office to check but to visit hmmmmm

How did your hr director react to all this ?

Cheers
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by badri
Sometimes ACS do this to check the validity of the application. I haven't told my office yet. But fortunately I got a positive ACS assessment. I hope the same goes for DIMIA.

But its not a schock or surprise to me .... that they call the office to check but to visit hmmmmm

How did your hr director react to all this ?

Cheers
I have a long standing story which I'm still sticking to.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:29 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I think that you have to expect check ups, weather it be a phone call, e-mail, letter or even a vist.

Old Jun 11th 2004, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

We too had checks done at work but it was just a phone call. I was surprised as we have only been waiting 3 months and wasn't expecting to even get our case opened for another 4-6 months. I have been trying to ascertain if it actually does mean we are being processed or if there could be another reason for it. It does seem a bit unlikely to me though that they would go to all the trouble of digging the case out to phone a couple of employers and put the case back for another 4 months! What do you think? Have any of you who have been checked up on had your med requests yet and how long after the checks did you get them?
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JIVEBABE
We too had checks done at work but it was just a phone call. I was surprised as we have only been waiting 3 months and wasn't expecting to even get our case opened for another 4-6 months. I have been trying to ascertain if it actually does mean we are being processed or if there could be another reason for it. It does seem a bit unlikely to me though that they would go to all the trouble of digging the case out to phone a couple of employers and put the case back for another 4 months! What do you think? Have any of you who have been checked up on had your med requests yet and how long after the checks did you get them?
Haven't even had our meds or PCC requests yet. Skilled migration - nearly 2.5 years down the line now (who else is this far ???). Driving us all crazy with the long wait compared to evroyone else. I've been through the 1 year Demon wait stait for the ACS and am nearly 2 yrs short for waiting for out Visa. House is on the market and we have all paperwork ready and waiting for submission.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

biba is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by JIVEBABE
Have any of you who have been checked up on had your med requests yet and how long after the checks did you get them?
We received ours two months after the enquiries, but I don't think it's always the case. It seems to depend on your case officer and the pace they work at. We've been closely following the developments in cases of people that applied same time as us, and concluded that there was a first 'wave' of activity - probably initial assessment/meds requests for people they didn't wish to check, and that was mostly done at 6-7 months. Then, there was another wave of activity about two months later and that's when we and other people who didn't receive meds requests the first time round got ours.

IMHO there are two things to keep in mind: it depends on your case officer, how quickly and easily you provide requested info...

Having said all this, they do tend to check your work refs even after the med requests...

Good luck, all!