Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Old Dec 12th 2010, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Hi,

I have similar situation, I have received my VE 175 grant on 01 July 2010 with initial entry before 07 April 2011 and did my initial entry on 23 Nov 2010 with family (wife and a 3 year old baby boy).

We are expecting a baby in March 2011 and due to personal reason planned delivery of baby in India.

I am working in Saudi Arabia and my employer didn't agree to release me before Feb 2011 ,I have planned my permanent move in Apr 2011 and after few month my family will join me.

Do I need to raise a fresh application for new born ?, please suggest.

Originally Posted by funky_beat
Hi,
We have been granted VE175 visa in July 2010 and our initial entry date is June 11,2011. We planned to do the validation trip in April/May 2011 for couple of weeks and come back, but we have just found out that my wife is about 10 weeks pregnant(After the visa grant) and the due date is July 1st 2011. We now plan to have the baby born in Australia and will be travelling while wife is 30-32 weeks pragnent(Checked with Airline its ok to travel) before the initial entry date. My question is do we need to notify DIAC about this and whether there could be any issues at the airport e.g. turned away or denied entry due to wife being pragnent. As far as I know there shouldn't be any issue but wife was chatting today with a friend in Australia (australian citizen) whose husband works at the airport told that you are not allowed to enter Australia if you are pragnent. Just wondering if this is true and in this case can we have our initial entry date extended. Appreciate your feedback please.

Cheers,
Old Dec 12th 2010, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Originally Posted by aahmed
Hi,

I have similar situation, I have received my VE 175 grant on 01 July 2010 with initial entry before 07 April 2011 and did my initial entry on 23 Nov 2010 with family (wife and a 3 year old baby boy).

We are expecting a baby in March 2011 and due to personal reason planned delivery of baby in India.

I am working in Saudi Arabia and my employer didn't agree to release me before Feb 2011 ,I have planned my permanent move in Apr 2011 and after few month my family will join me.

Do I need to raise a fresh application for new born ?, please suggest.
You will need to apply for a Child Visa 101 for the baby.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You will need to apply for a Child Visa 101 for the baby.
Thanks Pollyana