Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Old Dec 1st 2010, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

funky_beat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Hi,
We have been granted VE175 visa in July 2010 and our initial entry date is June 11,2011. We planned to do the validation trip in April/May 2011 for couple of weeks and come back, but we have just found out that my wife is about 10 weeks pregnant(After the visa grant) and the due date is July 1st 2011. We now plan to have the baby born in Australia and will be travelling while wife is 30-32 weeks pragnent(Checked with Airline its ok to travel) before the initial entry date. My question is do we need to notify DIAC about this and whether there could be any issues at the airport e.g. turned away or denied entry due to wife being pragnent. As far as I know there shouldn't be any issue but wife was chatting today with a friend in Australia (australian citizen) whose husband works at the airport told that you are not allowed to enter Australia if you are pragnent. Just wondering if this is true and in this case can we have our initial entry date extended. Appreciate your feedback please.

Cheers,
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:29 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visa Validation and giving birth in Australia

Originally Posted by funky_beat
Hi,
We have been granted VE175 visa in July 2010 and our initial entry date is June 11,2011. We planned to do the validation trip in April/May 2011 for couple of weeks and come back, but we have just found out that my wife is about 10 weeks pregnant(After the visa grant) and the due date is July 1st 2011. We now plan to have the baby born in Australia and will be travelling while wife is 30-32 weeks pragnent(Checked with Airline its ok to travel) before the initial entry date. My question is do we need to notify DIAC about this and whether there could be any issues at the airport e.g. turned away or denied entry due to wife being pragnent. As far as I know there shouldn't be any issue but wife was chatting today with a friend in Australia (australian citizen) whose husband works at the airport told that you are not allowed to enter Australia if you are pragnent. Just wondering if this is true and in this case can we have our initial entry date extended. Appreciate your feedback please.

Cheers,
If you a citizen or a permanent resident you can be allowed to enter australia as and when you please.

It's for the non residents that they can't enter the country when they are so much pregnant that they might just pop out the baby within their valid visa period.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

That is so funny not allowed to enter if expecting a baby lol sorry my wife was 5mts when we had a holiday to the Goldcoast we have a 136 visa perm and we were fine,but did wish we could of got the baby bonus though lol
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers,
Complete rubbish. Of course she can enter Australia while pregnant.

The only issue is that airlines have different rules about when they will stop allowing pregnant ladies to fly, but that is for health reasons and nothing to do with visas. Some airlines won't carry beyond 28 weeks, but it sounds like you have already checked that one out
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:42 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
If you a citizen or a permanent resident you can be allowed to enter australia as and when you please.

It's for the non residents that they can't enter the country when they are so much pregnant that they might just pop out the baby within their valid visa period.
Rubbish. There is no rule at all that says you cannot enter Australia while pregnant. That includes tourists, temporary visa holders, PR AND citizens. Please don't scare people with wrong information like this.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:08 am
Just Joined

mandymcqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Rubbish. There is no rule at all that says you cannot enter Australia while pregnant. That includes tourists, temporary visa holders, PR AND citizens. Please don't scare people with wrong information like this.
Exactly and any baby born in Australia, to non Australian Citizens, the baby is given the same visa as the parents anyway so why would they not let pregnant woman in the country

and Congratulations
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks every1 for your feedback....just another thing do we need to inform the CO about this. I was just going through the grant letter and it states you have to inform of your change in circumstances till your validation visit.

Cheers
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:00 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It was never my intention to scare people with wrong information. May be I was wrong about Australia but I had definitely heard about this rule may be for some other country.

And I represented an opinion, in good faith, to the best of my knowledge. And I wasn't charging any money for that neither assumed any responsibility for the information provided.

And I did clear his confusion that residents and citizen can enter Australia while pregnant or as and when they please. Hell they can even enter Australia with their water broken!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:03 pm
Home and Happy

It was never my intention to scare people with wrong information. May be I was wrong about Australia but I had definitely heard about this rule may be for some other country.

And I represented an opinion, in good faith, to the best of my knowledge. And I wasn't charging any money for that neither assumed any responsibility for the information provided.

And I did clear his confusion that residents and citizen can enter Australia while pregnant or as and when they please. Hell they can even enter Australia with their water broken!
Fair enough, I'm sure you didn't mean to scare anyone but the way you posted made it sound very authoritative As for charging none of us receive money for posting on these forums, all our info and time is free and gratis
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

they are so much pregnant that they might just pop out the baby within their valid visa period.
LOL @ "so much pregnant"
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:26 am
Just Joined

surnswam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

If you are a PR visa holder you are allowed anytime of pregnancy. I think the airlines allow upto 35weeks.
You don't have o inform your CO. I had similar situation. My wife and I arrived in australia when she was 33 weeks of pregnancy. Upon arrival stayed at our friends and got registered in hospital. ofcourse with the medicare card. All went well and we are blessed with a Girl Baby. No more paper work just apply for birth certificate and apply for baby's passport. Not to get stressed mate.

Best wishes...
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:49 am
Just Joined

lynh is an unknown quantity at this point

I arrived in Australia on a 175 at 14 weeks pregnant. Good luck on the pregnancy. Let me know if you need any help deciphering Australia's rather complex set of Medicare arrangements with regarding to giving birth (particularly if you are going private!).
Cheers
Lynette
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymcqueen
Exactly and any baby born in Australia, to non Australian Citizens, the baby is given the same visa as the parents anyway so why would they not let pregnant woman in the country
I believe that a baby born in Australia to parents with PR automatically becomes a little Aussie citizen. Here's the link - http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/

Last edited by louie; Dec 3rd 2010 at 12:07 pm. Reason: Add link
Old Dec 4th 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thank you all for your valueable feedback, feel relieved now. Anyway I'll let the case officer know of change in circumstances since its mentioned in the grant letter to do so.

Cheers
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thank you all for your valueable feedback, feel relieved now. Anyway I'll let the case officer know of change in circumstances since its mentioned in the grant letter to do so.

Cheers
What change of circumstance? Pregnancy is not a change in circumstance because an unborn child is not a family member.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.