Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Which visa - for transferring your job with the same employer

Which visa - for transferring your job with the same employer

Old Dec 17th 2013, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Which visa - for transferring your job with the same employer

Hi there,

I'm on a British passport with a NZ permanent residence and living in NZ (another 3.5 years to go before I'm eligible for a NZ passport).

I am currently seeking a better job in NZ that also has offices in Australia so I can apply for a job transfer in Oz within the same employer after a period of time. I have a desire to live and work in Australia again after completing a working holiday several years ago.

My question is, what sort of visa is required to relocate from NZ to AUS within the same company? I don't really want to wait another 4 years until I actually get a NZ passport!

Cheers,
Claire
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which visa - for transferring your job with the same employer

As you are not a NZ citizen you would be looking at the same visa options as other international candidates.
To move to Australia with under an employer sponsorship you would currently be looking at either a 457 temporary work visa, or a permanent residence visa 186/187.
You would also need an eligible occupation under the CSOL.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celeliza
Hi there,

I'm on a British passport with a NZ permanent residence and living in NZ (another 3.5 years to go before I'm eligible for a NZ passport).

I am currently seeking a better job in NZ that also has offices in Australia so I can apply for a job transfer in Oz within the same employer after a period of time. I have a desire to live and work in Australia again after completing a working holiday several years ago.

My question is, what sort of visa is required to relocate from NZ to AUS within the same company? I don't really want to wait another 4 years until I actually get a NZ passport!

Cheers,
Claire
I don't know how NZ PR works, but is there a risk you would lose it if you move before becoming a citizen? And would you be prepared to do that?

Regarding the visa, there is nothing I particular for NZ permanent residents as mentioned above. You might be better looking into Austrlian PR if you want to move here permanently and especially if you would end up losing the NZ visa.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

With me holding a NZ permanent residence, and if I leave the country, I will still have it indefinate (should we move back to NZ one day).
Old Dec 18th 2013, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celeliza
With me holding a NZ permanent residence, and if I leave the country, I will still have it indefinate (should we move back to NZ one day).
Ok fair enough. Was just checking as Australian permanent residence doesn't work that way.