VISA REFUSAL

Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

wannaBaussie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VISA REFUSAL

Originally Posted by welshtony
The application was legally valid but was doomed to be refused. The requirement is to have Competent or Vocational English (depending on the nominated occupation) AT TIME OF APPLICATION. The factt hat the results of an IELTS came in after the application was lodged is not directly relevant e.g. if an IELTS test was sat prior to the application being made, and the results were sent to DIAC after the application was made, this would be OK as the result proves the required level of English existed prior to the application and therefore at time of application.

The application never got to first base and points were not even considered or assessed.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

CAN HE REAPPLY WITH ALL THE DOCUMENTS AGAIN?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Roni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wannaBaussie
yes, why not.
Send them all the doc but you will have to pay the tax again.

Good luck!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Unregistered Migration agents has caused havoc in pakistan.People were desperate to leave due to law and order condition.there were two bomb blasts very near to my office which shook the whole building killing dozens.I my was self panicked.
and now the things are going in this way.People around the world have no idea what is going on here.this war against terror has come to our homes.Taliban forces have occupied a large area.and they are consolidating and advancing ahead.They are even creating tension between India and Pakistan.by creating terror in india.
For us, thing is not if we have better economic conditions, we just want to survive.
So i and my other friends have decided if we ll have refusal from Australia we ll opt for Canada.

Offcourse these personal grounds will never be considered in DIAC and i am not counting on them.
I just wanted to express my self.
Best wishes.

Last edited by wannaBaussie; Feb 24th 2009 at 6:14 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Roni
yes, why not.
Send them all the doc but you will have to pay the tax again.

Good luck!
Thanks Roni!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Roni is an unknown quantity at this point

NP
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516
So the OP didn't do his IELTS until after he filed his application, which killed any chance he had. He was obviously advised badly. Is it likely that DIAC would refund his application fee? An of course there is nothing to stop him reapplying is there?
DIAC will not refund his application fee. There is a very clear list of criteria which need to be met at the time of application and if the applicant does not meet the criteria it is not the fault of DIAC. If he were represented by an agent who advised him badly he can try to get a refund from said agent, but I doubt very much he will get any joy.
No, there is nothing stopping him from applying again so long as he meets the criteria set out by DIAC. That is a positive skills assessment, functional english, be of good character and meet the health requirements - and of course meet the points requirement.
Originally Posted by wannaBaussie
I already told you about 10 posts ago that he could. So long as he meets the requirements for the visa he is applying for.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Yes there are a lot of these coming into the system at the moment, mainly involving applications from India and Pakistan and unregistered agents. The best such applicants can hope for is a possible refund of the application charge.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Which proves you should always employ a registered agent!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Safin
himcse - haven't you read the thread ?

for a nonspecified (UK, Ireland etc) passport holder failure to have already passed IELTS before GSM application has already resulted in refusal for the OP and will do so for others doing the same.

It appears that many indian and pakastani applicants are being misinformed by their so called agents.

Second installments are for dependants not main applicants
i think he was asking about his spouse's ielts... it wasn't a reply to the OP
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, that wasn't clear from his post.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

He is really lucky if he could have been done IELTS before his lodgement of application

As your IELTS test is dated three months after the date of your application it
can not be taken into consideration.

He got result in 13-14 months exactly. Now we dont even know csl leads lot of confusion in processing times

Some how true in India and Pak there is lot of agents( May be registered or using some MARA agents by agreement) doing the same type of nonsense.

:curse:
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenny79
i think he was asking about his spouse's ielts... it wasn't a reply to the OP
Hey, Jenny. You need to change your location now that you're a PR and here in Aus. (I know, totally off topic, but I remember you saying you got your visa a while ago)
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Hey, Jenny. You need to change your location now that you're a PR and here in Aus. (I know, totally off topic, but I remember you saying you got your visa a while ago)
i did, and validated too... but still back in malta for the time being. will let the economic situation stabilise itself before making the move, since i have a good job here
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:20 am
Just Joined

c_vaseer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I haven't read through all the posts, nor the refusal..but basically if the applicant did not hold a passport from either UK, Canada, USA, NZ or Republic of Ireland it is an 'at time of application requirement' that an IELT's be included in the application.

'at time of application' means at the time when the application is actually lodged. This is a legislative requirement, with no room for discretion on the case officers part.

Christine Vaseer
Vaseer Migration Consulting
MARN: 0640357
MMIA: 3293
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:52 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by c_vaseer
Hi

I haven't read through all the posts, nor the refusal..but basically if the applicant did not hold a passport from either UK, Canada, USA, NZ or Republic of Ireland it is an 'at time of application requirement' that an IELT's be included in the application.

'at time of application' means at the time when the application is actually lodged. This is a legislative requirement, with no room for discretion on the case officers part.

Christine Vaseer
Vaseer Migration Consulting
MARN: 0640357
MMIA: 3293
Errrrm I think we may have covered this in the first 2 pages of this thread and another 2 or 3 threads in the last couple of months.