Wikiposts

VISA REFUSAL

Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

gfzavier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VISA REFUSAL

This makes me to worry. I applied for 175 on Oct 08...though i attached valid IELTS score for myself, I got to know that my spouse should also go through IELTS after the application is lodged. She took the test and have positive results (by Dec 08)...will this affect my application? I am tensed...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:33 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gfzavier
This makes me to worry. I applied for 175 on Oct 08...though i attached valid IELTS score for myself, I got to know that my spouse should also go through IELTS after the application is lodged. She took the test and have positive results (by Dec 08)...will this affect my application? I am tensed...
If YOU are the main applicant then that's fine - your spouse can attach her IELTS later.

Good luck!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ahmadj
" The results of your IELTS test dated **th March 2008 indicates that you do not have a Competent level of English as you obtained scores of 6.5 for Listening 6.0 for Reading, 6.5 for Writing and 7.0 for Speaking.

As your IELTS test is dated three months after the date of your application it
can not be taken into consideration. "

So..... I understand the problem is with the test date? not with the score?
That's right. In order to have a valid application you must provide proof of competent English at the time of the application, which means either a valid IELTS or a passport from one of the countries on the list (UK, US, Ireland, Canada or New Zealand).
Originally Posted by indoirish
I will say, in his case, problem with the score and date. If he claimed Competent level of english in his application(to get 25 points), he should have scored more than 7(?) in all four modules.
He only needed 6 in each of the bands to have a valid application. If he didn't meet the points requirement the application would have been pooled for 2 years in the event the points requirement changed. Or, he could have either re-done the IELTS for the extra points or applied for state sponsorship. The reason the application was refused was that the applicant did not provide proof of English ability at the time of applying. Simple as.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Technically I think it was not valid rather than incomplete as the initial application requirements were not met.
The application was legally valid but was doomed to be refused. The requirement is to have Competent or Vocational English (depending on the nominated occupation) AT TIME OF APPLICATION. The factt hat the results of an IELTS came in after the application was lodged is not directly relevant e.g. if an IELTS test was sat prior to the application being made, and the results were sent to DIAC after the application was made, this would be OK as the result proves the required level of English existed prior to the application and therefore at time of application.

The application never got to first base and points were not even considered or assessed.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tking
If YOU are the main applicant then that's fine - your spouse can attach her IELTS later.

Good luck!
OK...thats a bit of relief for me...technically, why spouse allowed to take the test later, and not the primary applicant? I think, spouse's IELTS requirements were also asked during the initial application.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gfzavier
OK...thats a bit of relief for me...technically, why spouse allowed to take the test later, and not the primary applicant? I think, spouse's IELTS requirements were also asked during the initial application.
Only the main applicant has to provide proof of english ability at the time of application. Secondary applicants will be asked to provide proof at a later date if they did not provide it at the time of application.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by wannaBaussie
A friend of mine just got visa refusal (subclass175,HR country) on the grounds that he did not attatch IELTS with his application there is a mention in his application
my question may not be relavant, but i am just curious. did your friend make a paper or online application?

thanks
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

izle_mae is an unknown quantity at this point

the refuse letter simply states that the applicant did not include his valid ielts result at the time of application which was the reason why he did not meet the basic requirements to begin with.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:52 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like it was rejected because he was late attaching the document (should have been at time of application) but that reply from DIAC is VERY badly worded - it seems to imply that he didn't get a good enough score when it looks like he did!

Confusing explanation - thay should consider a 'Plain English' course!
Yes there are a lot of these coming into the system at the moment, mainly involving applications from India and Pakistan and unregistered agents. The best such applicants can hope for is a possible refund of the application charge.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Only the main applicant has to provide proof of english ability at the time of application. Secondary applicants will be asked to provide proof at a later date if they did not provide it at the time of application.
Thanks Dorothy...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Yes there are a lot of these coming into the system at the moment, mainly involving applications from India and Pakistan and unregistered agents. The best such applicants can hope for is a possible refund of the application charge.
So the OP didn't do his IELTS until after he filed his application, which killed any chance he had. He was obviously advised badly. Is it likely that DIAC would refund his application fee? An of course there is nothing to stop him reapplying is there?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

himcse is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry...maximum that could happen is that you would have to pay the second installment...but your Visa will not be refused on this ground...........
Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

himcse - haven't you read the thread ?

for a nonspecified (UK, Ireland etc) passport holder failure to have already passed IELTS before GSM application has already resulted in refusal for the OP and will do so for others doing the same.

It appears that many indian and pakastani applicants are being misinformed by their so called agents.

Second installments are for dependants not main applicants
Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

wannaBaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like it was rejected because he was late attaching the document (should have been at time of application) but that reply from DIAC is VERY badly worded - it seems to imply that he didn't get a good enough score when it looks like he did!

Confusing explanation - thay should consider a 'Plain English' course!
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU IT IS BADLY WORDED
Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

wannaBaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imaxx
my question may not be relavant, but i am just curious. did your friend make a paper or online application?

thanks
PAPER

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.