Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Which visa if student visa runs out before ENS application approved?

Which visa if student visa runs out before ENS application approved?

Old Mar 8th 2002, 5:35 am
Silvia

Default Which visa if student visa runs out before ENS application approved?

Hi, sorry I have not received a reply from anyone on that (scroll a couple of screens
back), so I am naugthy enough to post this again:

I am currently on a student visa (as a dependent; I am not studying but work legally
full-time). My employer would eventually sponsor me under the ENS scheme.

I need to know what would happen if my husband exits Uni early before a decision has
been made on my application? It could come close to the date where he will have to
decide whether to re-enroll in the next semester or not (which he would not like to
do if it was very likely that my application would be decided successfully).

Is there any kind of bridging visa, which we would be on to prevent being unlawful?

Please help, DIMIA helpline is not helpful - they are not having a clue!

Silvia

Old Mar 8th 2002, 9:37 am
George Lombard

Default Re: Which visa if student visa runs out before ENS application approved?

Hi Silvia,

If you make a valid application then you qualify for a bridging visa which would keep
you going if your partner has his student visa subject to mandatory cancellation
under s.137J. Normally, if the pr application is bona fide, the Department won't
bother to cancel the existing visa, but that may mean that your partner is stuck with
his student visa conditions.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au Silvia wrote in message ...
    >Hi, sorry I have not received a reply from anyone on that (scroll a couple of
    >screens back), so I am naugthy enough to post this again:
    >
    >I am currently on a student visa (as a dependent; I am not studying but work legally
    >full-time). My employer would eventually sponsor me under the ENS scheme.
    >
    >I need to know what would happen if my husband exits Uni early before a decision has
    >been made on my application? It could come close to the date where he will have to
    >decide whether to re-enroll in the next semester or not (which he would not like to
    >do if it was very likely that my application would be decided successfully).
    >
    >Is there any kind of bridging visa, which we would be on to prevent being unlawful?
    >
    >Please help, DIMIA helpline is not helpful - they are not having a clue!
    >
    >Silvia

Old Mar 11th 2002, 8:05 am
Silvia

Default Re: Which visa if student visa runs out before ENS application approved?

Hi George,

thanks very much for your reply! Of course we would like to prevent my husband from
getting into trouble with regard to his student visa conditions, but can we explain
to DIMIA in a way they will understand that there is no point for him to continue to
study (the quality of the course is very disappointing!) if there was a favourable
outcome of my application?

Thanks, Silvia

"George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Silvia,
    >
    > If you make a valid application then you qualify for a bridging visa which would
    > keep you going if your partner has his student visa subject to mandatory
    > cancellation under s.137J. Normally, if the pr application is bona fide, the
    > Department won't bother to cancel the existing visa, but that may mean that your
    > partner is stuck with his student visa conditions.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > George Lombard
    >
    > www.austimmigration.com.au Silvia wrote in message ...
    > >Hi, sorry I have not received a reply from anyone on that (scroll a couple of
    > >screens back), so I am naugthy enough to post this again:
    > >
    > >I am currently on a student visa (as a dependent; I am not studying but work
    > >legally full-time). My employer would eventually sponsor me under the ENS scheme.
    > >
    > >I need to know what would happen if my husband exits Uni early before a decision
    > >has been made on my application? It could come close to the date where he will
    > >have to decide whether to re-enroll in the next semester or not (which he would
    > >not like to do if it was very likely that my application would be decided
    > >successfully).
    > >
    > >Is there any kind of bridging visa, which we would be on to prevent being
    > >unlawful?
    > >
    > >Please help, DIMIA helpline is not helpful - they are not having a clue!
    > >
    > >Silvia