VISA granted but a bit confused !!

Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA granted but a bit confused !!

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I think thats what all the previous post have been telling you.

NO, YOU CANNOT EXTEND THE INITIAL ENTRY DATE!!
Where's the "nodding head in agreement" smiley?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Hey Big EARS...I'm surprised to see your concerns of financial problems. you have to get this streight, lots of people are applying but dont get the chance to get a PR VISA to OZ, think about your self...you have got this chance & you are going to ruine it with these alternatives of yours.

Why did you apply for a PR in the first place? my adivice is get a bank loan, borrow from somebody, or sell somthing may be a land or a car, get the mony required and get the hell out of there, latter you can settle any loans or borrowings.

make it straight forward and get the hell out of there without ruining your VISA. if I were in your shoes..i would do anything to find out the money required and hit OZ ASAP & enjoy the rest of my life with my family.

peaceboy.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Big Ears is on a distinguished road

I've come up with a new plan..... just looking for a reliable getaway driver !!

Anyone fancy it ??

Big Ears
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road

I would validate..too many things in life can change..there are some good deals for November flights at the moment. Have you considered getting a cheap flight to Singapore and then Jet star to Darwin? Cut down a bit on the flying and I looked at their website and you can get a cheap return for around $260 in November- just an idea....
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Townley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by seansuperhoop
I would validate..too many things in life can change..there are some good deals for November flights at the moment. Have you considered getting a cheap flight to Singapore and then Jet star to Darwin? Cut down a bit on the flying and I looked at their website and you can get a cheap return for around $260 in November- just an idea....
I have flown that route a couple of times - easy peasy and the leg from S'pore to Darwin in only 4-5 hrs. Netflights.com is always a good place to start as well - i booked a flight for my OH from London to Darwin via S'pore about 3 wks before he flew and found a rtn with Qantas for £750. If you did decide to go down the route of Jetstar to Darwin then you need to be sure that your S'pore flight and Darwin flights actually connect (and vice versa on the way back!) as if you book idenpendently its your responsibility. You should have a minimum of 3hrs between flights. Also i think Jetstar fly from the budget terminal at Changi - no major hassle - just collect ur baggage and then follow signs, its about a 5 minute transfer by bus (free).
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for the tip re Darwin, it's certainly something to consider, however it's not so much of a money issue more the fact that neither my wife nor I can get more than 1 week off work before January 4th and even then my wife would have to take unpaid leave.

Which means a flight, 2 day stay, flight back. I think this will be extremely difficult for our 8 & 5 year old to deal with.

If it was simply a case of money then we would have to bite the bullet and pay but it's mostly to do with the work situation and the the kids situation.

Big Ears.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Big ears,

Validate, Your kids will be fine, 4 days thats all it is 4 days kids are really risilliant.

I cant even start applying for my visa yet and you have yours and are thinking of letting the thing just slip away.....

VALIDATE
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:58 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
Big ears,

Validate, Your kids will be fine, 4 days thats all it is 4 days kids are really risilliant.

I cant even start applying for my visa yet and you have yours and are thinking of letting the thing just slip away.....

VALIDATE
Christ - how many more of us can tell him - no more posts for me on this thread. Do it or or regret it. Your pick.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:36 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Christ - how many more of us can tell him - no more posts for me on this thread. Do it or or regret it. Your pick.
100% Agree
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:53 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ex_exile
100% Agree
I'd do it even with my kids, and they're only 5 and 2. It would be a huge pain, no question, but there's not a chance I would let that visa slip away.

Plus... have you really looked into whether your plan will work, validating one and then sponsoring the others. My concern still is that the sponsor will need to be resident in Oz before being able to sponsor the others. If you are going to go this route, there are a lot more risks. I would at least call a migration agent to see if it would work.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Thank god for that !!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Ears
Many thanks for the tip re Darwin, it's certainly something to consider, however it's not so much of a money issue more the fact that neither my wife nor I can get more than 1 week off work before January 4th and even then my wife would have to take unpaid leave.

Which means a flight, 2 day stay, flight back. I think this will be extremely difficult for our 8 & 5 year old to deal with.

If it was simply a case of money then we would have to bite the bullet and pay but it's mostly to do with the work situation and the the kids situation.

Big Ears.
Actually, for such a short trip as that, the kids will probably be fine. The biggest problem is jet-lag,m adjusting to the new timezone. If you are only on a trip with a 2 day turnaround, then DON'T try and adjust. Sleep when you are tired, stay up all night if necessary, eat when hungry not when the clock tells you to, doesn't matter for a couple of days. Stay with your mind thinking UK times NOT Aus times, and then you don't have a problem readjusting when you get back home.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know that you cant get time off?

Many, many employers give a week or two of unpaid leave...have you actually asked for the time?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:45 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

This post by JAJ might be of interest.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...01&postcount=3

I'm not sure I would put all my hopes on your plan as it may or may not succeed. As JAJ mentioned you might be asked to prove that you are usually resident in Australia, which you certainly could not do.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
How do you know that you cant get time off?

Many, many employers give a week or two of unpaid leave...have you actually asked for the time?
We've already asked, she can, I can't.

I've asked whether I can take holiday from next years entitlement but I can't do this either.

Big Ears

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.