VISA granted but a bit confused !!

Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Big Ears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: VISA granted but a bit confused !!

Originally Posted by comet555
This post by JAJ might be of interest.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...01&postcount=3

I'm not sure I would put all my hopes on your plan as it may or may not succeed. As JAJ mentioned you might be asked to prove that you are usually resident in Australia, which you certainly could not do.
I think you are probably right, it wasn't so much a plan as an idea that I wanted some advice on.

It is clear now from peoples comments that I might solve one problem only to create another one.

I have asked whether both my wife and I can do a short validation trip and leave the kids at home to save them the trip, however this is not allowed either as all 4 visas have to be validated by 4th January, otherwise they will all become invalid, even if some of them have been validated.

Big Ears
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Ears
I have asked whether both my wife and I can do a short validation trip and leave the kids at home to save them the trip, however this is not allowed either as all 4 visas have to be validated by 4th January, otherwise they will all become invalid, even if some of them have been validated.

Big Ears
First time I've ever heard that and I'm fairly sure that's wrong. Who told you that? JAJ are you out there?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:21 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by louie
First time I've ever heard that and I'm fairly sure that's wrong. Who told you that? JAJ are you out there?
Doesn't sound right to me either. If you validate your visa then it's still good. If you don't validate it then it expires... seems pretty clear to me. As long as the main applicant enters first then you should be able to validate or not validate whichever visas you want.

The ones that don't get validated expire, and the ones that do remain valid until the last entry date (about 5 years from grant date I believe).
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly doesn't sound right. The main applicant has to validate first, that one would then be valid. Any others validated would also be OK, its only the unvalidated ones that would expire.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:35 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Big Ears
Unlikely as a validated visa is a valid visa; to revoke a visa it would need to be canceled and the criteria for canceling a visa is quite rigid.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

We've already asked, she can, I can't.

I've asked whether I can take holiday from next years entitlement but I can't do this either.

Big Ears
Just to clarify, you asked for UNPAID leave, right?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Just to clarify, you asked for UNPAID leave, right?
Yep... you have to have special permission for authorised\unpaid leave. I have already been informed by Personnel that this would not be granted as the company disapprove of staff taking more than their holiday entitlement, even if it is unpaid.

Big Ears
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

I did think this was strange but the comment came from the facilitation\cancellation dept. This would be the perfect solution for us, my wife and I could validate and spare our children the long flight for a 2 day stay.

I have sent an email this evening asking them to confirm what would happen if only my wife and I validate, i will post the response as soon as I receive one.

Big Ears
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

We've already asked, she can, I can't.

I've asked whether I can take holiday from next years entitlement but I can't do this either.

Big Ears
So don't ask for time off.

Do it involving a saturday and sunday and call in sick for another couple of days. I would.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:07 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I would be asking a migration agent. Wherever you got that last piece of advice was incorrect.

If you consulted a migration agent they could answer your question and tell you whether or not your validation plan with a spouse visa after will work. To me, it seems like a lot to risk on a plan that you're not sure will work.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Unlikely as a validated visa is a valid visa; to revoke a visa it would need to be canceled and the criteria for canceling a visa is quite rigid.
I have now had a response from the facilitation dept in which they advise that 'The first entry of the children is as important as your own', no further comment was made as to what happens if they do not validate with my wife and I. Although they did offer to facilitate an extention of the IED for the kids, although they didn't say for how long.

The contact at the facilitation dept has been extremely helpful and has checked our visa conditions and has confirmed that Australian Immigration are not insisting on the main applicant entering Australia first.

Big Ears
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

I have now had a response from the facilitation dept in which they advise that 'The first entry of the children is as important as your own', no further comment was made as to what happens if they do not validate with my wife and I. Although they did offer to facilitate an extention of the IED for the kids, although they didn't say for how long.

The contact at the facilitation dept has been extremely helpful and has checked our visa conditions and has confirmed that Australian Immigration are not insisting on the main applicant entering Australia first.

Big Ears

GAWD.......ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!!????

How much time and money have you and your family spent in order to get this far and have your visa granted?? I know alot of peeps who would love to be where you are and have a visa in their passports, but they CERTAINLY wouldn't be flaffing around about validating....

I can't understand the fuss your making about all this....contacting this person and that dept....

JUST GET ON WITH IT!!

You either want to go or you don't. Life is only difficult and hard if YOU make it that way. Equally life can be easy and pleasant depending on how you deal with things.

I have an 8 and 6yr old, and in your shoes, we would just go and validate. Even if it meant a turnaround. Kids may not be very happy, but TOUGH. Work may not like it, but you plan on leaving the country, so who cares. As for the cost? do what you have to to get it. EASY!!

If you REALLY REALLY want something that bad enough, you do whatever it takes to get it. The HORROR of not validating your visa's. SHOCKING.
:curse:
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by memewest
GAWD.......ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!!????
So you'd happily throw away several thousands pounds when you might not need to? You'd be welcome to throw it my way if you want to!!

I really can't see why he shouldn't investigate the options open to him. If there's a better and cheaper way than flying four people to Oz and back, lying to your employer, stressing out the whole family and damaging the planet, why on earth not take it?
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

So you'd happily throw away several thousands pounds when you might not need to? You'd be welcome to throw it my way if you want to!!

I really can't see why he shouldn't investigate the options open to him. If there's a better and cheaper way than flying four people to Oz and back, lying to your employer, stressing out the whole family and damaging the planet, why on earth not take it?
It wouldn't be throwing away £1000k's, he's already done that with what has been spent out on gaining the visa in the first place.....especially if he doesn't validate.

He shouldn't NEED to investigate his options for validation either.

Anyone who is serious about applying for an Australian Visa goes into this process with their eyes open, (or with an agent) and fairly early on you would know that you have a certain amount of time in which you have to validate any visa given.

How can there be a better and cheaper way to validate??

There's only one way to validate unless you know something no-one else does??
Fly to Oz, land, get your visa stamped, voila!!

You know of any other way to validate??
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:45 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I agree with Memewest! I’m not sure how one could get this far in the process and not know the rules on validation. However evidently it happens but surely if you are awarded a visa you’d move hell and high water to validate it rather than risk losing it or employing a potentially dodgy scheme to find a way round it? We’ll be slapping our validation trip on our credit card which is certainly risky in financial terms but rather that than risk our visa (once we get it..haha!). We will then have five years to pay it off and save up to move for good.

Thérèse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.