Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa Connection agency in the Sunday Papers

Visa Connection agency in the Sunday Papers

Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

ozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really nice
Default Re: Visa Connection agency in the Sunday Papers

Originally Posted by stevo96
Just an update. Spoke to visa connection today - i have got my visa -Australia house confirmed that it had been granted. I also spoke to Clare to (who's apparently in Oz). Looks like the article is a load of rubbish.....
That is great news for you.... panic over.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

rockpool crab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozrocks
That is great news for you.... panic over.
Hi,

My hubbie also spoke to Clare today, in Edinburgh, she was very helpful I have to say. My hubbie quickly did last number redial and wrote down the number which was most definitely Edinburgh based. So Clare isn't in Oz as everyone is predicting.

It's still quite scary though I have to say. Their lack of silence for so long was quite stressful to say the least.

Fingers crossed the article is rubbish after all and it's all ok. Who's to say she wasn't over in oz to see what the hell was going on with the applications. Gosh you could speculate about it all day. Let's just hope it all happens for us.

Take care for now

Carol Ann
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

ozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really niceozrocks is just really nice

Originally Posted by rockpool crab
Hi,

My hubbie also spoke to Clare today, in Edinburgh, she was very helpful I have to say. My hubbie quickly did last number redial and wrote down the number which was most definitely Edinburgh based. So Clare isn't in Oz as everyone is predicting.

It's still quite scary though I have to say. Their lack of silence for so long was quite stressful to say the least.

Fingers crossed the article is rubbish after all and it's all ok. Who's to say she wasn't over in oz to see what the hell was going on with the applications. Gosh you could speculate about it all day. Let's just hope it all happens for us.

Take care for now

Carol Ann
Really glad everything seems to be working out for you. Looks like they are trying to sort the mess out. Who knows what the mess is or was.

What we all know is that our visas are the most important things and we need to be pragmatic about how we get them. I would still be VERY cautious and make sure you know EVERYTHING about where you are in the process and make sure you know what is being done. I would want to see proof of everything that has been done for you.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

rockpool crab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozrocks
Really glad everything seems to be working out for you. Looks like they are trying to sort the mess out. Who knows what the mess is or was.

What we all know is that our visas are the most important things and we need to be pragmatic about how we get them. I would still be VERY cautious and make sure you know EVERYTHING about where you are in the process and make sure you know what is being done. I would want to see proof of everything that has been done for you.
Hi thanks for the reply.

I've basically decided to fill in the forms that the aspc centre told me this morning. This way I'm taking control from now on. If we are issued a CO then they will come to me and I'll pass on anymore information..although I don't think there's much more to pass on..but jeez..who knows. Here's the info the guy told me ...

forms...

need both of these with signatures then send to

[email protected]

including this information

trn number
dob
passport number

On another forum I use I've been advised that the Adelaide processing centre very very rarely tell people to do stuff like this..so it could be that they know something....but as I say..who knows.

eeeeeeeee...torture eh!

Best of luck with your visa ...Carol Ann
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for the reply.

I've basically decided to fill in the forms that the aspc centre told me this morning. This way I'm taking control from now on. If we are issued a CO then they will come to me and I'll pass on anymore information..although I don't think there's much more to pass on..but jeez..who knows. Here's the info the guy told me ...

forms...

[email protected]

trn number
dob
passport number

On another forum I use I've been advised that the Adelaide processing centre very very rarely tell people to do stuff like this..so it could be that they know something....but as I say..who knows.

eeeeeeeee...torture eh!

BE has been told by both George Lombard and Alan Collett that DIAC are aware of an "issue" with Visa Connection and so will help anyone wishing to take control of their own application from now on
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi thanks for the reply.

forms...

[email protected]

trn number
dob
passport number

eeeeeeeee...torture eh!

I filled out the 956 and I can tell you it feels so liberating when you start to take control. You realise how easy it actually is to most of the stuff. Some difficult questions may come up (eg, past convictions) but there are loads of people around who can help (either for free or a small fee).

Cheers for now...
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stevo96
Just an update. Spoke to visa connection today - i have got my visa -Australia house confirmed that it had been granted. I also spoke to Clare to (who's apparently in Oz). Looks like the article is a load of rubbish.....
its not all rubbish, I know the Aberdeen couple, they are friends of mine and what they said did happen, although the company has came through for them finally and things are now moving along.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

kegz is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Visa Connection agency in the Sunday Papers

hi the article is defo not alot of rubbish we now have to start again frew another agency we are the couple in the paper and we are so gutted about whats happened thankfully its in good hands now but its going to take at least 9 months to a year

im glad to here that all your visas are ok but please be very carefull
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

hay there got offered our money back from visaconnection they asked us for details to who the payment was going to we sent them information back but they havent responded to our request this is now been 3 weeks tyed to contact claire herself but just got told she would contact me that was a week ago still no contact has anyone else had this problem
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy clare molnar at visaconnection returning our money

hi we have been offered our money back from visaconnection its been about 5 weeks no since i repley to there letter telling them how i would like the money refunded to us i have also called them and emailed them and we still havnt got our money back from them is anyone else in this situation with clare molnar at visa connection
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

best4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help please? We have just rec'd email to say VC have closed up. What do we do? I have submitted a thread on the immigration bit, but please can someone help me? Our application is in, we have done our medicals and police searches, is it easy enough for us to continue alone? Do we have to complete a form or something through DIAC? Any advice please would be grateful. I dont know who to turn too.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by best4ever
Can anyone help please? We have just rec'd email to say VC have closed up. What do we do? I have submitted a thread on the immigration bit, but please can someone help me? Our application is in, we have done our medicals and police searches, is it easy enough for us to continue alone? Do we have to complete a form or something through DIAC? Any advice please would be grateful. I dont know who to turn too.
If you read this thread you will see that people are advised to fill in a form and send it to DIAC. That form then removes any involvement by the agency and means that you can deal with the application yourself., or you can hire a new agents.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you will look at that. I dont know which way to turn. I feel physically sick. I am hoping once we have control it will be easy to deal with! fingers crossed. This is a nightmare.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

HELP AGAIN PLEASE?

Form 956.

Can we put a signature on the form via the computer and email it to DIAC and then put a paper copy in the post.

Not computer literate. Getting a bit confused. I dont seem to be able to read anything at the moment.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:17 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a number of emails about the Visa Connection situation and can confirm that they are no longer trading.

There may be sanctions you can seek but for anyone with a current visa application in processing you must immediately send a form 956 to DIAC terminating their appointment/appointing another agent.

You must also confirm in writing to VC that you want your file secured, either by havng it returned or transferred to another agent.

With respect to the form 956 we recommend you download it, complete it, sign it and then scan or fax it to the Department of Immigration relevant contact details (depending on the kind of application involved).

Generally we find it difficult to give a precise fee for handling applications prepared by other agents, particularly where there are so many difficulties in file management, but in view of the discussion here and elsewhere it may be sensible to engage a new agent if you're not already at final processing, and to that extent I will try to come up with a workable uniform fee for anyone who can give me their TRN and password for a general skilled migration application. Please just use the email details below or the PM system.

People who are at an earlier stage of the process may need special assistance, I understand that as late as last Friday VC was receiving refusals from Vetassess on the basis of undertakings made after these issues first arose.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.