British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Visa Connection agency in the Sunday Papers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/visa-connection-agency-sunday-papers-552926/)

ozrocks Aug 3rd 2008 6:58 am

Visa Connection agency in the Sunday Papers

Here is a link to the Sunday Herald article about Visa Connection. I believe it is a balanced and fair article. You can make up your own mind...

http://www.sundayherald.com/news/her..._australia.php

stevo96 Aug 3rd 2008 8:42 am

Re: Visa Connection agency in the Sunday Papers

Oh my god. i now feel sick. This is the first ive heard about this. Weve been with them for 18 months now and given them over £4K. They said our visa's were granted a few weeks back. Gutted. Ill be contacting Australia house in the morning - is anyone else in the same position?

ozrocks Aug 3rd 2008 8:46 am

Originally Posted by stevo96 (Post 6640846)
Oh my god. i now feel sick. This is the first ive heard about this. Weve been with them for 18 months now and given them over £4K. They said our visa's were granted a few weeks back. Gutted. Ill be contacting Australia house in the morning - is anyone else in the same position?

There was a thread on this but it has been removed pending a review. If they said you have your visa I would assume all would be OK but definitely worth checking. Best of luck....

confuzzled Aug 3rd 2008 8:49 am

Originally Posted by stevo96 (Post 6640846)

Did you get the official email/ papers or did they tell you only on the phone? Fingers crossed.

Hey ozrocks- what does IB review stand for/ mean?

ozrocks Aug 3rd 2008 8:53 am

Originally Posted by confuzzled (Post 6640857)

Not sure what it means exactly - I guess it means that BE are going to run it by the lawyers to make sure they aren't exposed to allegations of defamation.

In the mean time. we should make sure that this thread is free from any allegations whatsoever - we should just use it for recommmendations of what people should do to make sure they get their visas.

confuzzled Aug 3rd 2008 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ozrocks (Post 6640866)
Not sure what it means exactly - I guess it means that BE are going to run it by the lawyers to make sure they aren't exposed to allegations of defamation.

In the mean time. we should make sure that this thread is free from any allegations whatsoever - we should just use it for recommmendations of what people should do to make sure they get their visas.

ah i see. fair nuff.

stevo96 Aug 3rd 2008 9:01 am

Thye told me over the phone. They said last Nov that the apllication had been lodged and to expect it around feb time. Since then its been delayed but i understand all the Nov applicants were delayed. Ive given my notice at work and booked the flights which will have a further £1k cancellation fee if we havent really got our visa's. Danielle rang me 3 wks ago to congratulate me on getting our visa's and asked that we send our passports into them so they could forward on to Australia house - that was 3 weeks ago and they said it would only take a week to get the passports turned around.

ozrocks Aug 3rd 2008 9:05 am

Originally Posted by stevo96 (Post 6640880)
Thye told me over the phone. They said last Nov that the apllication had been lodged and to expect it around feb time. Since then its been delayed but i understand all the Nov applicants were delayed. Ive given my notice at work and booked the flights which will have a further £1k cancellation fee if we havent really got our visa's. Danielle rang me 3 wks ago to congratulate me on getting our visa's and asked that we send our passports into them so they could forward on to Australia house - that was 3 weeks ago and they said it would only take a week to get the passports turned around.

I would imagine all would be OK as she wouldn't have asked for the passports if they didn't actually have confirmation. Things are probably 'a bit busy' in the office this week so things may take a bit longer. Just make sure you shout loud and get your voice heard.

stevo96 Aug 3rd 2008 9:13 am

ive just booked the day off work tomorrow to go up there and see them.

Pollyana Aug 3rd 2008 9:13 am

Originally Posted by confuzzled (Post 6640857)
Did you get the official email/ papers or did they tell you only on the phone? Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by ozrocks (Post 6640866)

IB are Internet Brands, the company which now owns BE. They are have asked for the thread to be removed for a while so that they can check it over.

Ozrocks, your comments are spot on.

ozrocks Aug 3rd 2008 9:21 am

Originally Posted by stevo96 (Post 6640893)
ive just booked the day off work tomorrow to go up there and see them.

The only issue about going to see them is that it is a serviced office and you can't just walk into where they are. I think the actual office is in a different building from the reception. There are no guarantees that there will be anyone in the office if you turn up without an appointment. It will probably work OK but just be prepared that you may get a knockback...

stevo96 Aug 3rd 2008 10:25 am

Thanks.
Apparenty the case officer we had was BXXX BXXXX? Ive done a search on the immi.gov website and nothing comes up. What does the TRN number look like? How many numbers? Should it have letter etc...

confuzzled Aug 3rd 2008 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6640894)
IB are Internet Brands, the company which now owns BE. They are have asked for the thread to be removed for a while so that they can check it over.

Ozrocks, your comments are spot on.

thankyou :) i was simply being a nosey cow :)

ozrocks Aug 3rd 2008 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by stevo96 (Post 6641016)
Thanks.
Apparenty the case officer we had was BXXX BXXXX? Ive done a search on the immi.gov website and nothing comes up. What does the TRN number look like? How many numbers? Should it have letter etc...

The number should look something like 10 characters and a mixture of uppercase numbers and letters (mostly letters in my case).

If they gave you the name of a case officer I would hope that all is legit and you should have your visas as they have promised... but I would shout loud anyway just in case.

Best of luck.

stevo96 Aug 4th 2008 8:35 pm

Just an update. Spoke to visa connection today - i have got my visa -Australia house confirmed that it had been granted. I also spoke to Clare to (who's apparently in Oz). Looks like the article is a load of rubbish.....