Visa 190 changing states

Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

naush123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa 190 changing states

Hi,
I arrived to WA on state sponsor visa 190 and it has been 5 months since i am trying to find a job. I think i might have applied to around 100 jobs and have been unsuccessful. I switched my field a bit and still not finding it. I have found a job in VIC and now i am thinking how to go about such thing. Would that be easy and would it effect my future?
Please advice
Old Jul 20th 2018, 6:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 190 changing states

Originally Posted by naush123
Hi,
I arrived to WA on state sponsor visa 190 and it has been 5 months since i am trying to find a job. I think i might have applied to around 100 jobs and have been unsuccessful. I switched my field a bit and still not finding it. I have found a job in VIC and now i am thinking how to go about such thing. Would that be easy and would it effect my future?
Please advice
I think you need to explain everything to WA state and asked to be released from the 2 year obligation. This obligation is still currently a moral one and not a legal one, so it shouldn't affect your future but asking to be released would be the right thing to do.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

naush123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I think you need to explain everything to WA state and asked to be released from the 2 year obligation. This obligation is still currently a moral one and not a legal one, so it shouldn't affect your future but asking to be released would be the right thing to do.
I have all the rejection emails from diferent companies that I can show them and show them offer letter from different state's company.

Hope it doesn't effect me in the future as its been 5 months in WA and im still having trouble although I come under high qualified
Old Jul 21st 2018, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

On a 190, there is no legal requirement at all on you regarding which state you live in. There is not even a requirement to ever strep foot in the sponsoring state. It is only a moral requirement. If you want to move, just move.
Old Jul 21st 2018, 10:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
On a 190, there is no legal requirement at all on you regarding which state you live in. There is not even a requirement to ever strep foot in the sponsoring state. It is only a moral requirement. If you want to move, just move.
The current requirement appears to be that all applicants for a WA 190 much have a contract of employment for full time employment for at least 12 months in Western Australia in the nominated (or closely related ) occupation https://www.migration.wa.gov.au/serv...ate-nomination

Is this a new requirement, ie not applicable to the OP?
Old Jul 21st 2018, 11:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The current requirement appears to be that all applicants for a WA 190 much have a contract of employment for full time employment for at least 12 months in Western Australia in the nominated (or closely related ) occupation https://www.migration.wa.gov.au/serv...ate-nomination

Is this a new requirement, ie not applicable to the OP?
Willing to stand corrected, but I think that is very new on the WA 190 requirements. Sensible though, thinking of how many 190 candidates move and then change states as they cannot find a job.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

That is very new, though not surprised and other states have imposed it on a lot of occupations previously
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 7:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Willing to stand corrected, but I think that is very new on the WA 190 requirements. Sensible though, thinking of how many 190 candidates move and then change states as they cannot find a job.
I think it's sensible too. If there's no work for people, there's no point in issuing the visa in the first place.

Also, I've never understood this 'moral requirement' thing. If sponsoring States' requirements don't anchor the 190 applicant to the State, this sub-category may as well be abolished and everyone be required to apply for the 189.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jul 22nd 2018 at 7:43 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 7:45 am
Concierge

I think this is new as well:​Settlement funds

If you live outside of Western Australia, one of the conditions of State nomination is that you bring sufficient funds into the State to cover your settlement costs.
The minimum amount of funds required is:
  • for a single person – $20 000 (AUD);
  • for a couple – $30 000 (AUD); and​
  • for every additional dependant –​ $5 000 (AUD).
  • ​You will be asked during the State nomination application process to show evidence of the above funds through bank statements or asset valuations. https://www.migration.wa.gov.au/serv...ate-nomination
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think this is new as well:​Settlement funds

If you live outside of Western Australia, one of the conditions of State nomination is that you bring sufficient funds into the State to cover your settlement costs.
The minimum amount of funds required is:
  • for a single person – $20 000 (AUD);
  • for a couple – $30 000 (AUD); and​
  • for every additional dependant –​ $5 000 (AUD).
  • ​You will be asked during the State nomination application process to show evidence of the above funds through bank statements or asset valuations. https://www.migration.wa.gov.au/serv...ate-nomination
Yep, I think thats new too. About time the 190 becme more than just a vague promise to "possibly live somewhere, if we can be bothered. "