Visa 175 app - non-migrating dependants

Old May 20th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Visa 175 app - non-migrating dependants

Hiya,

I am looking at the 175 application and the section where I need to add dependants (migrating or not)

Basically my OH parents have just got their 457 visa (last week) and will probably be going out to Sydney in the next couple of months. We are hoping for PR175 and going out next year.

Do I add these family members as non-migrating dependants. Guess thats the case as not related to my application.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Re: Visa 175 app - non-migrating dependants

Forget this. Do'h

I do not need to add OH parent's details as I am the main applicant.

Old May 20th 2008, 9:46 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Originally Posted by stellaman
I am looking at the 175 application and the section where I need to add dependants (migrating or not)
Getting ready to apply as soon as that ACS letter gets delivered? I look forward to seeing you in the May 2008 Applicants thread.

Basically my OH parents have just got their 457 visa (last week) and will probably be going out to Sydney in the next couple of months. We are hoping for PR175 and going out next year.

Do I add these family members as non-migrating dependants. Guess thats the case as not related to my application.
Are they dependants? Are they migrating with you?

If you did have to include them, which you don't (see below), they would go under Other Family Members.

I do not need to add OH parent's details as I am the main applicant.
There was another thread about this with conflicting advice. The confusion seems to come from the paper form which states all family members, whereas the online form only says your which - like you - I took to mean me as the main applicant.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Have you started the 175 application? That is the one we are looking to do, could you give me any advice on the process (i.e what to do first etc).
Thanks in advance...
Old May 20th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sonn
Have you started the 175 application? That is the one we are looking to do, could you give me any advice on the process (i.e what to do first etc).
Thanks in advance...

Hiya
Confirm you have had your skills confirmed by the neccesary organisation.

then proceed via:
http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/skilled-visa-options.htm

is this what you want??
Old May 20th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Thanks very much
My OH is sorting yout his VETASSESS application and then we can procreed with the application. What does RPL mean in your timeline????
Old May 20th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sonn
Thanks very much
My OH is sorting yout his VETASSESS application and then we can procreed with the application. What does RPL mean in your timeline????

RPL = Real Pain Longtime!

Nah really it means Recognition for Prior Learning. Basically my IT skills and experience are detailed in an RPL report across 14 different areas within IT. I had to show what I had learnt and how I have developed throughout my career.

Lots of brain dumps and writing!!!