British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   VICTORIA STATE SPONSORED APPLICATIONS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/victoria-state-sponsored-applications-596277/)

juliemtaylor Apr 15th 2009 10:55 am

Re: VICTORIA STATE SPONSORED APPLICATIONS

Originally Posted by hummingfrog (Post 7479130)
I would like to know the answer to this as well from anyone who has gotten sponsorship in the last couple of months. I lodged 11 weeks ago and so far no news. :unsure:

We applied also on 23rd Jan and still no reply...:frown:

Milano007 Apr 15th 2009 11:29 am

Originally Posted by shafanm (Post 7479390)
hi Milano077
State will confirm your sponsorship to DIAC only upon your singing the contract for acceptance of state sponsorship, also there is a form to be filled. So you have the option of accepting or not when it is issued,
Further since you applied in march/09 for SS.Considering the current backlog I doubt you will get SS anytime before july.
Maybe by the you 175 would be ready.
keep you fingers crossed.

Dear Shafanm,

Thanx for the response. Although I already have CO do u think I shud consider myself converting visa? I had my occu on CSL previously but now it has been removed.

I had sent my application to State by email and other supporting documents it has been more than 12 days i did not get any acknowledgement or confirmation. Is this normal? Will they send me contract after approval or they will directly send it to DIAC? I did not sign any contract other than application form to State.

One more question if i do not get job in nominated 176 visa skill for the period of 2 years, does it affect my residency after 2 years? Is it necessary for 176 applicants to work in the same field in which they have applied for?

Thanks again

maverickdale Apr 15th 2009 2:59 pm

Got my visa today, Yipee!!!
My timeline:
August 2007 - lodged application (visa 136) (Non CSL, MODL)
January 15 2009 - applied for Vic Sponsorship
March 4, 2009 - Vic sponsorship approved
April 6, 2009 - CO allocation
15 April 2009 VISA GRANT

Please note that although I had state sponsorship, DIAC still gave me a 136 visa. Thanks to everyone in this forum.

Maverickdale

shafanm Apr 15th 2009 5:47 pm

Hi Milano007.
Are you sure your online application was lodged correctly, I did apply for WA and immediately received a acknowledgment with a reference number for future communication, I suggest you to call the state and find out whether they have received your application.

They contract will be sent to you after granting of SS, and after your acceptance of the contract only the sponsorship info will be forwarded to DIAC.
No it does not effect you residency if you could not find a job.

After SS is granted it is not necessary that you have to be employed in the same occupation for which sponsorship was granted, you could do anything you want as long as you don't burden the state.

Wal74 Apr 15th 2009 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by johnknight001 (Post 7480231)
i didnt inform diac, i did ring them but they already new due to them recieving the form 1100, the visa page stayed as a 175 until the day of the grant when it changed to a 176.
john

Hi John
Thanks for your reply. Did you already do your medicals and police checks before your case officer? or wait for CO

johnknight001 Apr 15th 2009 7:22 pm

as soon as i got ss we did the police checks and meds, it worked out that the week the meds cleared in aus we got a case officer.
john

Wal74 Apr 15th 2009 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by johnknight001 (Post 7483379)
as soon as i got ss we did the police checks and meds, it worked out that the week the meds cleared in aus we got a case officer.
john

Thank you

And sorry forgot to congraulate you for your visa:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Milano007 Apr 16th 2009 10:36 am

Originally Posted by shafanm (Post 7483111)
Hi Milano007.
Are you sure your online application was lodged correctly, I did apply for WA and immediately received a acknowledgment with a reference number for future communication, I suggest you to call the state and find out whether they have received your application.

They contract will be sent to you after granting of SS, and after your acceptance of the contract only the sponsorship info will be forwarded to DIAC.
No it does not effect you residency if you could not find a job.

After SS is granted it is not necessary that you have to be employed in the same occupation for which sponsorship was granted, you could do anything you want as long as you don't burden the state.

Dear shafanm

Thanx for the reply. I appreciate it :lol: As far as concern of acknowledgement i did not recieve it till today. I had sent my application via email. When i sent my application they did not have online application system by that time may it was under construction, so i cud not do it that way. Do u think i shud send email confirming my application to them?? If they wud not have received my application then where did my application gone? wat abt that email address provided when u register with them?

I have also heard that Victoria Government does not provide any agreement or contract after approval, they directly send approval to you, if am wrong please correct me.. Wat do u think abt this?

One more question does Vic government ask for funds to bring before granting sponsorship? Wat are the minimum funds one can carry on 176 visa?

If any one also face this problem kind share the experience with us.

Thanx

Ramzi Apr 16th 2009 11:35 am

Originally Posted by maverickdale (Post 7482623)
My timeline:
15 April 2009 VISA GRANT

Please note that although I had state sponsorship, DIAC still gave me a 136 visa. Thanks to everyone in this forum.

Maverickdale

Oh,, it is great to hear that you got your visa and your worrying is over now.....!!

Many many congratulations for you...!!! didn't they ask for any other information before granting visa?? I am still waiting..

maverickdale Apr 16th 2009 12:40 pm

Ramzi, thanks! by the way, only my new passport. Old passport will be expiring July 2009. I have provided DIAC my new passport on the same day as I have already secured one.

Goodluck!

Originally Posted by Ramzi (Post 7484587)
Oh,, it is great to hear that you got your visa and your worrying is over now.....!!

Many many congratulations for you...!!! didn't they ask for any other information before granting visa?? I am still waiting..

juliemtaylor Apr 16th 2009 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by maverickdale (Post 7484796)
Ramzi, thanks! by the way, only my new passport. Old passport will be expiring July 2009. I have provided DIAC my new passport on the same day as I have already secured one.

Goodluck!

well done on the visa!!!

Julie x

Wal74 Apr 16th 2009 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by juliemtaylor (Post 7481962)
We applied also on 23rd Jan and still no reply...:frown:

Hi Julie

Have you had any news on your SS. Have you got an agent? Can he/she not give them a call? or did you apply yourself.

Jen1977ni Apr 16th 2009 7:34 pm

Did anyone else submit additional information via email to Victoria after submission of their application for State Sponsorship? John, I know you did...did you do it immediately after you clicked submit?

Jen1977ni Apr 16th 2009 8:19 pm

Add me to the list:

Jen1977ni - currently 175 but submitted SS application today for Vic. hmmmm:unsure:

ausunnyboy Apr 16th 2009 11:29 pm

Congratz Maverickdale! Hope you start enjoying the Melbourne life soon!
My 886 application shown all checklist document met on 7 Apr 2009, but no new until now.
Just wonder if all your document show met when yours was allocated to CO on April 6, 2009.
Thanks

Originally Posted by maverickdale (Post 7482623)
My timeline:
15 April 2009 VISA GRANT

Maverickdale