Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:24 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Originally Posted by armandra
No one's saying Vic authorities sit high above. To the contrary, all that we said was given the current demand of 4500 and supply of around 15000-20000 (my guess), we called those who made the cut - the privileged. Well, other possible ways of doing the same could be -

the lucky ones,
the blessed,
the most skilled (Vic's point of view considering education, skills and competencies altogether),
the ONES (sounds ironic I know)

It's not about what you call them, it's about differentiating the haves and have-nots. Simple.

Activa didn't mean to say those who couldn't make the cut are unprivileged or for that matter underprivileged. I'd bet he/she never meant to. All that he/she pointed out was - people who get rejected feign innocence of the current demand-supply in-equation and thereby, tend to say Vic process is unfair and too skewed or senseless because they thought themselves to be a perfect fit and were expecting to be approved, which Activa, you and me very well know is not the case.

Exactly. Then, why make such hullabaloo because you got rejected, when it's certain that 75-80% will be and try to prove the process in place has gone haywire. It definitely hasn't and it never had.

Nope, the boats were not part of the discussion. Period.

armandra!
Armandra,

I agree with you completely, and yes those were logical comments.

Its just a matter of supply and demand - VIC has little demand and there is a lot of supply. I feel the SS process has become harder and will become even more difficult as people will require sponsorship to enter Oz because of the new rules. Its a competition and the best will emerge winners.

My only concern is the timing - The delays in processing and filtering of the suitable from the un-suitable. I think the REJECTION process should be made quicker. People are forced NOT to apply to other states because of the fear of a CONFIRMED rejection. Had the rejected ones been rejected sooner, they would have a better chance to secure SS from other states rather than being left high and dry waiting with VIC while all the states had expired their quotas !

Hope I make my point clear.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

zesa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foha2012
Armandra,

Its just a matter of supply and demand - VIC has little demand and there is a lot of supply. I feel the SS process has become harder and will become even more difficult as people will require sponsorship to enter Oz because of the new rules. Its a competition and the best will emerge winners.

My only concern is the timing - The delays in processing and filtering of the suitable from the un-suitable. I think the REJECTION process should be made quicker. People are forced NOT to apply to other states because of the fear of a CONFIRMED rejection. Had the rejected ones been rejected sooner, they would have a better chance to secure SS from other states rather than being left high and dry waiting with VIC while all the states had expired their quotas !

Cheers,

TAA
Hi guys! I've just been on the Victoria website and all applications for ICT professions are now closed (as of 30th January). Any applications submitted prior to this will be assessed! Well done to those of you who submitted before that date!

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...t-applications

I submitted on the 22nd January and received the generic email on the 24th! I still haven't received an ACK email from them with a number. Fingers crossed that will happen soon!

BTW is anyone on here from Edinburgh and going to the expo on the 12th? I can't make it and was hoping someone wouldn't mind asking an ICT question for me? Thx
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Location: The world is a global village, so why we need a location?
awan is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait Wait Wait and nothing else.........and if at end you says " sorry your occupation is not in demand" then why you keep it in your LISTS, remove them
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Armandra,

Cheers,

TAA
We having nothing to do, first wait then reply "sorry your occupation is not in demand" they are playing with lives
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by awan
Wait Wait Wait and nothing else.........and if at end you says " sorry your occupation is not in demand" then why you keep it in your LISTS, remove them
Dear, I am also very frustrated with this Wait Wait Wait.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:28 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

We having nothing to do, first wait then reply "sorry your occupation is not in demand" they are playing with lives
Awan Dear,

you are absolutely right !

Cheers,

TAA

Last edited by foha2012; Feb 7th 2011 at 10:34 am.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

ive been to vacation and back and still no news from VIC
im a positive person but this is really frustrating me...
i'd rather get the rejection early than wait for a long long period of time getting it. at least, getting it early will give me time to look for other options...
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:25 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Originally Posted by ebanster
i'd rather get the rejection early than wait for a long long period of time getting it. at least, getting it early will give me time to look for other options...
Exactly, dunno if it would really matter after all these days in case you get rejected. Waiting is, by far, worse than that. Huh!

armandra!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:55 am
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by ebanster
Ebanster,

My point exactly ... They might leave us no time to apply to other states!

Cheers,

TAA
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Gery R. will become famous soon enough

Ebanster,

Cheers,

TAA
Most of you read the 'other' forum, so you probably already know, that we also got rejected with the 'regret to inform you - we require 'exceptional and rare skills'.

Wish they didn't waste 3 months to let us know. I don't know what options we have left now...

Last edited by Gery R.; Feb 8th 2011 at 9:17 am.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:38 am
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by Gery R.
Most of you read the 'other' forum, so you probably already know, that we also got rejected with the 'regret to inform you - we require 'exceptional and rare skills'.

Wish they didn't waste 3 months to let us know. I don't know what options we have left now...
Gerry,

So sorry to hear that !. Now move on to the more realistic options, NSW, ACT, VIC just doesn't have a system, they are so unpredictable. I mean, why would a person chance wasting 3 months if they thought they were not elegible? Each and everyone of us has the credentials to be selected by VIC, its just their process .. so unpredictable !

Cheers mate, chin up !

TAA
Old Feb 8th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future

Hi Mate,
Sorry to hear about your rejection. May I know about your occupation?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Gery R.

Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Ebanster,

Cheers,

TAA
But TAA, you have 7 each IELTS so you can go for others, most of ppl here are of 6 bands, what they can do......
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:39 am
Waiting .....

But TAA, you have 7 each IELTS so you can go for others, most of ppl here are of 6 bands, what they can do......
Awan dear,

I would happily trade my 7 bands IELTS with -10 years age if it was possible!!

You see, I am over 40, so I don't have the points even though I have 7 in all bands !

You can go and get 7 in every band - I can't reduce my age ! Get my point ?. Its fate versus Hard work !

Cheers,

TAA
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Awan dear,

I would happily trade my 7 bands IELTS with -10 years age if it was possible!!

You see, I am over 40, so I don't have the points even though I have 7 in all bands !

You can go and get 7 in every band - I can't reduce my age ! Get my point ?. Its fate versus Hard work !

Cheers,

TAA
Pray for your success dear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.