Vetassess who’s in the know!

Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Carpenter Assessor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess who’s in the know!

From previous discussion about people who wish to migrate to Australia now that path way D has been removed!

Pathway A ~Formal apprenticeship 4 years 900 hours formal training regulated by third party
Pathway B ~Informal apprenticeship 5 years 900 hours formal training
Pathway C ~Vocational traineeship 5 years 1800 hours formal training recognised traineeship
Pathway E ~Australian qualifications AQF Certificate III trade level skilled occupation 900 hours relevant work experience work experience not part of training 4 years for RPL AQF IIIs recognition
‘assessing your skills’

I can only speak for people who have UK Qualifications or who are working towards gaining trade Qualifications in the UK, but because path way D has now been removed, people who could have previously been assessed by TRA are concerned, even though they have the necessary Trade experience. As I see it, people who are willing to attend colleges and provide the necessary site evidence should not be penalised for this. According to the Vetassess criteria and I’m sure that I am reading this right people who have gained Vocational training who have acquired the necessary level 3 qualification will be able to have their qualifications assessed, even though they haven’t completed a formal apprenticeship, but they have been working in the construction industry for a number of years, will still be able to applied as a skilled Trades Man/Woman, it would be great if an Australian Vetassesser could Verify these points that I have fetched up.
The Criteria which I am referring to is as follows:

(How will my evidence be assessed)

"Formal training Your qualification will be benchmarked against the
Australian Qualification Framework The content of your qualification or training program will
be matched, where possible, against the relevant Australian qualification (so you must provide as much information as you can about your qualification or training program)
Second Point!
Non-formal training: Skills and knowledge that you have gained through non-formal training are considered. These can be acquired through quality training from a company or other bodies (such as military), or through short-term or specific training relevant to your trade.
3rd Point!
Work experience requirement: Your work experience evidence will need to show that you are a competent and skilled worker in your occupation. This means that you have been employed as a skilled worker. Your evidence may show that you have progressed in skill level for example, from supervised semi-skilled work to non-supervised skilled work. The currency of your work experience evidence is also important.
4th point
For applicants who have not completed any formal training you must provide documentary evidence that you have been employed in your trade area for a minimum of two years. This is a mandatory requirement.
5th Points
Applicants who do not have formal training qualifications or have not been employed for a minimum of two years will not be able to progress to the practical skills assessment.”

VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services

QLD GOV VET Export Office Presentation 17_18 July 2007 [Compatibility Mode]

Regards Paul

Last edited by Paul Carpenter Assessor; Feb 1st 2008 at 2:00 pm.