help

Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

doogie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy help

Any advice/help, we have been looking into moving to Austrlia for some time now, but have been missled by the company that we thought would help, and now find out that the only way we can fulfil our dream would be to find employment prior to going. Can anyone help with this as all jobs advertised state must have relevant visa, and feel that we are loosing this dream.

Any help or advise gratefully received.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help

Hi

Have you contacted any of the various employment agencies

http://www.seek.com.au/
http://mycareer.com.au/
http://jobs.careerone.com.au

I know there are several others.

Have you spoken to any other agents?

There are various visa options, have a look at the DIAC website for more info.
We are currently waiting for our visa to be granted and all the jobs we have looked at online require you to be a resident already and no one has ever replied to any enquiries we have made.

BUT there are people on here who have organised jobs and sponsorship from the UK so it is possible, but you have got to have skill that is needed in Oz. What line of work are you in?

Sam
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:24 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Generally speaking, if you are qualified professional/tradeperson with recent experience, you could try for independent or state sponsored visa. You need to pass the points test, points are given for age, qualification, English skills, etc. Have you read Booklet 6 on the immi site? That explains pretty much everything about skilled migration.

If you give some more details on your situation, then you could receive more replies.
NJ
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

BandiCoot2Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doogie
Any advice/help, we have been looking into moving to Austrlia for some time now, but have been missled by the company that we thought would help, and now find out that the only way we can fulfil our dream would be to find employment prior to going. Can anyone help with this as all jobs advertised state must have relevant visa, and feel that we are loosing this dream.

Any help or advise gratefully received.
I was going down pathway D before it's removal, so the only option for me was to find a sponsor, the line of work i am in has an association in australia, it had a list of all its member companys so i just e-mailed them my CV and a cover letter. I think i sent about 100 to various companys and eventualy a company in Sydney agreed to sponsor me. Hope this helps.

Best of luck to you

Steve