Vetassess seeking advice!

Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:13 am
Just Joined

maqay001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Vetassess seeking advice!

Hi Every1,

I have currently “positive” skilled assessment against my nominated occupation which is “Information and organization professional -224999”. My degree was Bachelor of Business Administration (general without any majors) which is partially accessed to get 485 skilled visa, to get a complete assessment I have to work in relative field for a year. Now my question is that I am currently working as a “IT Support Officer” for last six months after completing a year experience as a IT Support Officer will I be able to obtain my complete assessment? Or my job as a IT Support officer does not come under general Business Administration degree ?. Any response in regarding concern will be appreciated. I have tried my best to find answer to relative question on Vetassess site but failed to do so that is why I am posting It here thanks.

Regards,
maqay001
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all
Default Re: Vetassess seeking advice!

Originally Posted by maqay001
Hi Every1,

I have currently “positive” skilled assessment against my nominated occupation which is “Information and organization professional -224999”. My degree was Bachelor of Business Administration (general without any majors) which is partially accessed to get 485 skilled visa, to get a complete assessment I have to work in relative field for a year. Now my question is that I am currently working as a “IT Support Officer” for last six months after completing a year experience as a IT Support Officer will I be able to obtain my complete assessment? Or my job as a IT Support officer does not come under general Business Administration degree ?. Any response in regarding concern will be appreciated. I have tried my best to find answer to relative question on Vetassess site but failed to do so that is why I am posting It here thanks.

Regards,
maqay001
Vetassess used to give you a positive outcome based on your degree only. I don't understand what you mean by partially assessed unless it's a new thing they do re: experience. Was your positive assessment received before Jan 2010? If so it is good just on the degree and does not expire.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Hi Alborg,

I finished my degree in March 2011 so it comes under new regulation and it is mentioned in the assessment that I have to get a year experience before I get my complete assessment. Now I can’t apply for any further visa status and I am afraid that even finishing year experience in IT if they gave me negative assessment what will happen next. After that I will not have much time left on my visa to go again get experience in something else which I would not be interested to take as a carrier path.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Hi Alborg,

I finished my degree in March 2011 so it comes under new regulation and it is mentioned in the assessment that I have to get a year experience before I get my complete assessment. Now I can’t apply for any further visa status and I am afraid that even finishing year experience in IT if they gave me negative assessment what will happen next. After that I will not have much time left on my visa to go again get experience in something else which I would not be interested to take as a carrier path.
So doesn't your 1 year experience for assessment need to be in your nominated or closely nominated occupation? So the issue is whether your roles and responsibilities as an IT Support Officer is deemed close enough to Information and organization professional -224999 for a positive assessment. You'd have to work that out yourself by looking at the ANZSCO description

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]?opendocument

Just my opinion but it doesn't look related and there is a seperate occupation on SOL for ICT Support Officer. Which makes me wander why you got a job as an IT Support Officer if you wanted to get a visa based on your degree? If visa is more important than job just cut your losses now and get a job as an Information and organization professional and re-apply in a years time. It's only a year.

Last edited by Alborg; Sep 11th 2012 at 7:39 am.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Yes it needs to be closely related to my field but as an interest and opportunity I took the job at that time. After working a while now it’s hard to change field and then change again, problem is where ever you go they want you to have experience. Thanks mate; I agree with you that it’s not closely related to my field that’s why I wanted to ask someone with similar experience. Is there any suggestion in you mind?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Yes it needs to be closely related to my field but as an interest and opportunity I took the job at that time. After working a while now it’s hard to change field and then change again, problem is where ever you go they want you to have experience. Thanks mate; I agree with you that it’s not closely related to my field that’s why I wanted to ask someone with similar experience. Is there any suggestion in you mind?
Yes, work out what is more important. Your interest in IT Support or you interest in getting a visa. If the latter then change your job to match your nominated occupation so you can reapply with a positive assesment in 1 years time. You can always go back to IT Support once you have your visa. Or look for other nominated occupations that you would get a positive assesment based on your degree and get experience in those.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Bashar79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, this is my first visit in this forum. I'd like to know the time I have to wait to receive VETASSESS official assessment outcome result as it is shown (31 August, 2012) "positive" in their website already confirmed by my agent.

Do I need to have that outcome result for EOI lodgement although assessment is positive shown in website? Please share the answer in this regard if known to anybody.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Hi Bashar,

Well they say its gona take 8 weeks before you get ur assessment back. If it is showing positive so you don't have to worry about it. There is not exact time when you are going to get it. So that its soon.

And Thanks Alborg
Old Sep 17th 2012, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Bashar79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Vetassess seeking advice!

Thank you maqay001 for your reply & please keep me in your prayer in this regard.

Bashar