VETASSESS QUERY

Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

daviddrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VETASSESS QUERY

Is it correct that you can have a post secondary qualification assessed which is not related to your chosen SOL occupation and this will count? For example, will a trade/vocational qualification be acceptable for a 50 occupation? Overall the forms seem quite straight forward, however people on this site suggest it can be a really complex process - Yours Confused!:curse:
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:31 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VETASSESS QUERY

Originally Posted by daviddrt
Is it correct that you can have a post secondary qualification assessed which is not related to your chosen SOL occupation and this will count? For example, will a trade/vocational qualification be acceptable for a 50 occupation? Overall the forms seem quite straight forward, however people on this site suggest it can be a really complex process - Yours Confused!:curse:

You can have any qualification assessed and as long as its equal to or better than the qualification requirements for your nominated occupation then vetassess should pass it. You should look at the requirements on your nominated occ on the ASRI list on the DIAC website. E.g. if you want to go as a project manager - the qual req is for AQF diploma equivalent - so if you apply with a degree in politics - the degree will be assessed as equal to or better than the AQF diploma and so you will get a positive. However, you have to nominate the same occupation on your visa app as is stated on your vetassess certificate. You also have to have at least twelve months in last two years "skilled work experience" spent in that nominated occupation which you have to prove with job references.

I'm sure someone will shout if my interpretation of this is wrong (as it well might be) but this is my current understanding. You may be better to contact george lombard or one of the other agents on here. They will give you much better advice. Good luck.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

From what I understand the 'recent work experience' requirement of 12 months in the last 2 years can be ANY job on the SOL, it doesn't have to be the job assessed as positive by VETASSESS, if however you wish to claim 5 points for 'specific work experience', then this needs to be in your nominated occupation as assessed by VETASSESS.

It does say on the VETASSESS website that your nominated occupation does not need to be directly related to your degree/diploma.

What occupation do wish to nominate?

Last edited by TandC23; Mar 28th 2008 at 9:44 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:44 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TandC23
From what I understand the 'recent work experience' requirement of 12 months in the last 2 years can be ANY job on the SOL, it doesn't have to be the job assessed as positive by VETASSESS, if however you wish to claim 5 points for 'specific work experience', then this needs to be in your nominated occupation as assessed by VETASSESS.
Really? If thats right then I'm deffo going sooner than I thought. Cool as! I dont need the extra 5 points.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Really? If thats right then I'm deffo going sooner than I thought. Cool as! I dont need the extra 5 points.

Im sure im right! Ive studied the IMMI website and it says 'recent work experience in any occupation on the SOL' ive reserched other forum links and no-where does it say that the basic requirement of 12 months recent work experience needs to be in your assessed occupation

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507330 check this thread out!

Last edited by TandC23; Mar 28th 2008 at 9:53 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

from the immi website 'Recent work experience requirement
To meet the recent work experience requirement, you must demonstrate that you have been employed in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) for 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application.'

again note the word 'an'.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:06 pm
beach bum

Im sure im right! Ive studied the IMMI website and it says 'recent work experience in any occupation on the SOL' ive reserched other forum links and no-where does it say that the basic requirement of 12 months recent work experience needs to be in your assessed occupation

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507330 check this thread out!
Thanks - food for thought!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

No worries!! Ive looked into this in depth as i don't have recent work experience in my VETASSESS nominated occupation, but have 12 months work expereince in another occupation on the SOL ( as if you couldn't guess! )

BTW good luck in your IELTS tomorrow!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:03 am
beach bum

No worries!! Ive looked into this in depth as i don't have recent work experience in my VETASSESS nominated occupation, but have 12 months work expereince in another occupation on the SOL ( as if you couldn't guess! )

BTW good luck in your IELTS tomorrow!!
I have lots of experience in my nominated occupation but i wont get a positive vetassess for it until I pass my Masters in june - which means they might not class it as "skilled" - I have a positive vet assess for a 40 point occ (need 50) so if I can use experience in that (I kind of do two jobs combined) then I'm home and dry. Cheers for the good luck - just on my way there now. Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:17 am
Just Joined

daviddrt is an unknown quantity at this point

It does say on the VETASSESS website that your nominated occupation does not need to be directly related to your degree/diploma.

What occupation do wish to nominate?
I work in the Pharma industry as a Regional Sales Manager, however will likely go in under the Sales Rep - Pharma on the SOL. However my post secondary qualification doesn't relate in any way to my career in the last 15 years!!!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:24 am
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Hi all

Not sure if this helps.......

I have a degree in Social Policy - my job is a Records/Office Manager.

As I have a degree I can apply as a Records Manager for 50 points as and Office manager is only 40 points - I have over 5 years work exp, but vETASSESS only want to see your qualifications. I sent off my application for the Records Manager with my Degree and was successful.

Good Luck
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Daviddrt - is your post-secondary qualification in something on the SOL list? then you could have this nominated as your occupation, and have it assessed under VETASSESS, and then use your Sales Rep - Pharma as your Recent work experience in 12 out of 24 months.