vetasses

Old Dec 12th 2009, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

carpentry66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile vetasses

Has anyone done the vetasses carpentry practical test? I think im doin mine in feburary in lancashire. would be good to know what to expect.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: vetasses

hi
i did the plumbing one back in sept 08, however i remember they did a cut roof, and made a saw horse, i think the biggest probs some had was doing the roofs, i think they all used a "ready reckoner" or somthing like that, anyway have you used the search at the top of the page, hope this helps, you could also try the other site "POI", i know some chippys have posted on there. anyway i hope this helps you out a bit. just read your other post, dont worry about being watched, the assesssors i had were pretty ok really, they just want to see you can do your job and not chancing it, it was a reasonable day.
all the best john "living the dream in oz"

Last edited by johnknight001; Dec 14th 2009 at 7:10 am. Reason: read other post.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks john,that should help me. Im probably worrying about nothing.I should be ok on the roof if i can use a "ready reckoner".How long have you been there and how are u finding it working in aus? Have you got any regrets?Where abouts are u in aus? Im thinking about moving to Perth.
Barry

Last edited by carpentry66; Dec 14th 2009 at 7:44 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

hi, were in brisbane, to be honest we love it, its what we were looking for out of australia, work is busy on the new build side, there are loads of new estates every where and all new plots being released are sold or nearly sold, its the backlash from the first time homebuyers grant, it defo kept the building industry going. i got the job after one other interview, i did send out loads of cvs but found it worked better to call or drop in on people.
john
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply John - you say we, are you married or with a partner and do you have children? I am married with two children age 11 and 4 - to be honest my wife is nervous about the big step - although she does want to go - Glad to hear you are happy and busy - its reassuring to hear from people who have already made the move - hope you have a good christmas and hope you can help again with any queries
Barry
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

hi barry
yeah im married with 1 child, he is 5 in feb, to be honest he has thrived since being here in aus, the change is amazing, i think its about have the ump to get on with things, we didnt leave the uk because we hated it , it was more for a new challenge and the weather, we are loving the whole lifestyle and making the most of every day, i will say that most weekdays are the same as the uk for me, i go to work and come home knackered and collapse in front of the telly, my wife gets out and about during the day with the boy, she has met new freinds but it took a few weeks. speak soon.
john