Validation- is this possible?

Old Aug 5th 2004, 6:25 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Validation- is this possible?

Hi Guys

First off, I've tried a search and there is so much info I could be looking all day for the answers I need.

As some of you may know we are caught up in the new changes with Centrelink re our assuror. He has lodged the bond already and is awaiting Centrelink to get in touch with him. We think it's just a formality as he well meets the criteria. We are informed by case officer once past Centrelink she can issue our visas however we are to expect a further delay of between 4 and 8 weeks.

So my questions are:

Is it advisable to go to Oz on an ETA, inform DIMIA that we are there and once visas are issued go offshore and come back to validate (We have to be in Oz in January as that's when our PCCs run out a fact that our CO is aware of)?

Can you do this?

And if so what are the risks?

I know that there may be a chance, all be it a small one, that we will not get our visas, so if we don't at least we've had a nice holiday out of it.

Walla
Old Aug 5th 2004, 6:40 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Validation- is this possible?

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Guys

First off, I've tried a search and there is so much info I could be looking all day for the answers I need.

As some of you may know we are caught up in the new changes with Centrelink re our assuror. He has lodged the bond already and is awaiting Centrelink to get in touch with him. We think it's just a formality as he well meets the criteria. We are informed by case officer once past Centrelink she can issue our visas however we are to expect a further delay of between 4 and 8 weeks.

So my questions are:

Is it advisable to go to Oz on an ETA, inform DIMIA that we are there and once visas are issued go offshore and come back to validate (We have to be in Oz in January as that's when our PCCs run out a fact that our CO is aware of)?

Can you do this?

I know that there may be a chance, all be it a small one, that we will not get our visas, so if we don't at least we've had a nice holiday out of it.

Walla
Hey Walla,

I know of people on here who have done that - I don't know what the implications are for DIMIA, but those who have done it have all be fine/lucky.

re. your PCC, could you not just get new ones (for the sake of a tenner each) if the timing doesnt quite work out, might be better than rushing things (rushing - visa process, now theres an oxymoron ). I know this is what people who's medicals expire have to do.

Good luck with it all anyway!
Old Aug 5th 2004, 6:59 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ml

Thanks for that. We have enquired about the pcc and were informed they will only give us new ones up to the date the original ones run out. That was couple of months back so will enquire again to see if we can get ones that will last for a full year if going out on an ETA is a no goer. Bit worried about getting new ones thou as since the original applications I've been charged for alleged axe murders. My brief assures me I'm innocent until proven guilty thou!!

Joking aside our case officer is on the ball, she e mailed us when we got caught up in the new changes and assured us that we would have our visas as soon as Centrelink get assuror sorted out. She also mentioned our pcc running out.

mmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions

Walla
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:12 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi ml

Thanks for that. We have enquired about the pcc and were informed they will only give us new ones up to the date the original ones run out. That was couple of months back so will enquire again to see if we can get ones that will last for a full year if going out on an ETA is a no goer. Bit worried about getting new ones thou as since the original applications I've been charged for alleged axe murders. My brief assures me I'm innocent until proven guilty thou!!

Joking aside our case officer is on the ball, she e mailed us when we got caught up in the new changes and assured us that we would have our visas as soon as Centrelink get assuror sorted out. She also mentioned our pcc running out.

mmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions

Walla

Hi Walla,

As far as I know, you're right about the PCC (I meant get new ones in January, just didnt write that & somehow expected you to read my mind ) if you were to apply for a new one now, the validity would remain the same as your existing one.

Sounds like you have a good CO who wont mind about the axe murdering charges too much. I dont know how long the visa you've applied for usually takes, but is it not possible that you'll have your visa before then anyway?

more decisions that I have to make these days... if only the weather were a bit warmer I'd be in the pool
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:34 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally posted by mlbonner
Hi Walla,

As far as I know, you're right about the PCC (I meant get new ones in January, just didnt write that & somehow expected you to read my mind ) if you were to apply for a new one now, the validity would remain the same as your existing one.

Sounds like you have a good CO who wont mind about the axe murdering charges too much. I dont know how long the visa you've applied for usually takes, but is it not possible that you'll have your visa before then anyway?

more decisions that I have to make these days... if only the weather were a bit warmer I'd be in the pool
Hi ml

We are expecting to be out def by January, sorry didn't read your mind!! If one relies on previous timelines we would have had our visas now if our assuror had have lodged bond before end of June bless him.

I'm just being a bit impatient, same as everyone on the forum I suppose. Now I have a decision myself to make, whether to go to work or not, suppose I have to as interviewing for my successor today.

Hope the weather picks up for you so you can get in that pool, lucky sod!!

Walla
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:40 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Hi ml

We are expecting to be out def by January, sorry didn't read your mind!! If one relies on previous timelines we would have had our visas now if our assuror had have lodged bond before end of June bless him.

I'm just being a bit impatient, same as everyone on the forum I suppose. Now I have a decision myself to make, whether to go to work or not, suppose I have to as interviewing for my successor today.

Hope the weather picks up for you so you can get in that pool, lucky sod!!

Walla

Best go in then - would be a shame to get given the boot due to 'expat addiction'
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

So my questions are:

Can you do this?

Walla
Hi Walla

We're in the same boat, we got our visas only 2 days ago but our entry date is before the 19th of November and we still havn't sold the house. Our agent emailed the case officer to ask for the 3 month extension to be told they only award that if it's asked for before the visa has been granted not after and we MUST enter before then or they will cancel the visas,

Nigel
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:41 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally posted by Nige37
Hi Walla

We're in the same boat, we got our visas only 2 days ago but our entry date is before the 19th of November and we still havn't sold the house. Our agent emailed the case officer to ask for the 3 month extension to be told they only award that if it's asked for before the visa has been granted not after and we MUST enter before then or they will cancel the visas,

Nigel
Hi Nigel

That is a bummer, about the house I mean. We've already sold so we are lucky in that respect. If that's the case you will have to go out to validate which is going to be expensive, you might be better off financially doing that sooner rather than later because flight prices start going up steaply in November.

Do you have an offer on the house yet?

Walla
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nigel

That is a bummer, about the house I mean. We've already sold so we are lucky in that respect. If that's the case you will have to go out to validate which is going to be expensive, you might be better off financially doing that sooner rather than later because flight prices start going up steaply in November.

Do you have an offer on the house yet?

Walla
Hi

No offers yet but we've decided to now set a firm date for going and stick to it, if the house isn't sold we're gonna sign some forms so my mother can sell the house for us, it's not ideal but we just have to make the best of it, money will be tight until it's sold ect.

I didn't fancy a validation trip anyway

Nigel
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:22 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally posted by Nige37
Hi

No offers yet but we've decided to now set a firm date for going and stick to it, if the house isn't sold we're gonna sign some forms so my mother can sell the house for us, it's not ideal but we just have to make the best of it, money will be tight until it's sold ect.

I didn't fancy a validation trip anyway

Nigel
Good luck with it