Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

USA (FBI) PPC - can i use downloaded fingerprint form

USA (FBI) PPC - can i use downloaded fingerprint form

Old Dec 19th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice
Default USA (FBI) PPC - can i use downloaded fingerprint form

Hi there

When I last needed a PPC 5 years ago from the US I had to request fingerprint cards which they sent to me in the mail.
Now I see the exact same card I used before is available online from the FBI website.
Can I use a printout of this then when getting my fingerprints done.

At the bottom of the printout it states that "The FBI...will accept the downloaded paper fingerprint card only for the purposes of requesting an FBI Identification Record throught Departmental Order 556-73" Is this the same as a PPC?

Thanks
Lynette
Old Dec 19th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: USA (FBI) PPC - can i use downloaded fingerprint form

Yes, it is unless your CO requests a State Police Clearance as well. In my case, I provided the FBI certificate and my state Police Certificate.
But be careful for just printing it to any ordinary paper as sometimes when you imprint your fingerprints, it will turn out bad. This fingerprint card is thicker than any papers. You can go to your local police station and asked for it and let them do it for you. Some localities are free if you are a resident but it cost $10-$20 if not.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

junglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by H2fusion
Yes, it is unless your CO requests a State Police Clearance as well. In my case, I provided the FBI certificate and my state Police Certificate.
But be careful for just printing it to any ordinary paper as sometimes when you imprint your fingerprints, it will turn out bad. This fingerprint card is thicker than any papers. You can go to your local police station and asked for it and let them do it for you. Some localities are free if you are a resident but it cost $10-$20 if not.

Agreed. I downloaded and used the same form when I pre-loaded my application last year. Worked a treat!
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all

What is the link for download?
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

junglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jameswales
What is the link for download?

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/pdf/fpcardb.pdf