Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

URGENT!! VETASSESS/Records Manager- 2299-13

URGENT!! VETASSESS/Records Manager- 2299-13

Old Aug 1st 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice
Default Re: URGENT!! VETASSESS/Records Manager- 2299-13

Originally Posted by coool
Hi INDOAUS,

Yes you are 100% right but I have only 2 years of total full-time experience that doesn't satisfy ACS requirement of minimum 4 years of full-time experience. And I don't want to wait for 2 more years if it's possible to get Visa using other options.

That's why I am intending to assess my qualification (IT degree - BCA & M.Sc. ICT) through VETASSESS for Records Manager(2299-13), which is also in SOL and MODL.

After getting my skill assessment from VETASSESS, I can show my 2 years of work experience as Software Developer(ASCO Code 2231-19) to DIMIA, which is definitely in SOL and MODL.

I know it's convoluted but legal. So what you people think? Should I hire any agent or I can directly lodge my visa application?
Although ur job functions are consistent with soft. dev., u still need to provide positive skill assesment from ACS if u intend to claim points for work exp. U need to choose occupation on SOL/MODL in which u can provide positive skill assesment, so I suggest to look for another occupation on those lists. IMHO, ur attempt to claim work exp points for soft dev will be futile if u can't get skill assesment for the occupation.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

coool is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
Although ur job functions are consistent with soft. dev., u still need to provide positive skill assesment from ACS if u intend to claim points for work exp. U need to choose occupation on SOL/MODL in which u can provide positive skill assesment, so I suggest to look for another occupation on those lists. IMHO, ur attempt to claim work exp points for soft dev will be futile if u can't get skill assesment for the occupation.
Hi INDOAUS,

I know that I am not goint to get positive assessment for ACS due to lesser work experience. So, I am not intending to claim for work experience points. Moreover, by the time I get visa for subclass 475 (just assume), I would have minimum of 3 years of experience as Software Developer. So, I just need one more year of experience (of course as Software Developer) in Australia to apply for skill assessment to ACS.

Please tell me if I am going in wrong direction.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Although a difference between nominated occupation and work experience is possible, an applicant's qualification will still need to be assesed whether the applicant work experience is conducted with a satisfactory qualification or skill level. It is a less convoluted if the thread starter (TS) nominates the IT jobs, as his points will be maximised, if it is positively by ACS, and he will also save money by doing only one skill assesment.
You seem very convinced that a second skill assessment from ACS would be required ... not necessarily. Original poster should seek professional assistance if serious about this option.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
You seem very convinced that a second skill assessment from ACS would be required ... not necessarily. Original poster should seek professional assistance if serious about this option.
JAJ, Prior to launching my application, this was the one issue which I had difficulty resolving so I did a through research of the relevant immigration legislation (this research was conducted early 2008 and unfortunately the data on my hard disk pertaining to this legislation was lost due to corrupt HDD) concerning this issue and consulted 4 MARA agents.
The feedback from the MARA agent: it is highly likely that CO will demand evidence that visa applicant has performed their occupation at a skilled level. If the applicant depend on work exp points, that person need to consider carefully whether he/she can pass the visa threshold points without the work exp points.

Last edited by INDOAUS; Aug 1st 2009 at 1:23 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

Does VETASSESS require to have your nominated occupation related to your post-secondary educational qualifications under GSM program? If I yes/no, can anyone please tell me where exactly it is mentioned in VETASSESS website?

I have also consulted an agent yesterday and he said I can apply for sub class 176 if I get 7 bands in each component of IELTS. However, I will still have 2 years of IT experience. So, can I get positive assessment from ACS as they have clearly mentioned that atleast 4 years of experience is required?

I am really confused guys. Please help...
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

Does VETASSESS require to have your nominated occupation related to your post-secondary educational qualifications under GSM program? If I yes/no, can anyone please tell me where exactly it is mentioned in VETASSESS website?

I have also consulted an agent yesterday and he said I can apply for sub class 176 if I get 7 bands in each component of IELTS. However, I will still have 2 years of IT experience. So, can I get positive assessment from ACS as they have clearly mentioned that atleast 4 years of experience is required?

I am really confused guys. Please help...
Come on guys, I am still waiting for reply. Please help me. I need to take decision within a few days.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have a question in my mind. But before that let me give some basic information regarding myself.

1) My age is under 29 - 30 points

2) I have 3 years full-time degree (Bachelor Of Computer Application) and 2 years full-time master degree (M.Sc. Information & Communication Technology) from India. Currently, I am working as Software Developer (.NET) and have 2 years of full-time experience. - How much point?

3) I have my relative who is going to sponsor me. - 25 points

4) I have got overall 7.5 bands in IELTS (Note: I have not got 7 bands in each section) - 15 points

How much point?

Now, as far as I know, VETASSESS doesn't look at work experience to assess your skill based on your qualification. So, can I get 50 points if I assess my skill through VETASSESS for Records Manager (2299-13)?

IMPORTANT NOTE: When applying for visa, I have to show DIMIA that I am working as Software Developer (.NET) not as Records Manager. Which won't going to match with my skill assessment. Can it be problematic for them?

If I get 50 points then I think I have total 120 points for my visa application.

30 for age + 50 for skills + 15 for IELTS + 25 for sponsorship = 120 points.

Please provide necessary guidance.

Thanks in Advanced!!
Guys pardon me for my lack of knowledge (or foolishness...as the case may be)..WHAT IS VETASSESS???

I have got my IELTS score, and i am 1 month into my skill assessment with ACS....but I have never heard of it..

From the posting in this thread, it seems to be some kinda qualification assessment....dont tell me that is a prerequisite for skill assessment!!

Can some kind soul enlighten me pls??
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Guys pardon me for my lack of knowledge (or foolishness...as the case may be)..WHAT IS VETASSESS???

I have got my IELTS score, and i am 1 month into my skill assessment with ACS....but I have never heard of it..

From the posting in this thread, it seems to be some kinda qualification assessment....dont tell me that is a prerequisite for skill assessment!!

Can some kind soul enlighten me pls??
No, Vetassess is another skills assessing body. Not a pre-requisite, an alternative depending on the occupation.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No, Vetassess is another skills assessing body. Not a pre-requisite, an alternative depending on the occupation.
Thanks Bermudashorts..guess I am getting bogged down at too much info, and hence the cofusion

While we are at it, I have applied for skill assessment with ACS 6 weeks back. I have been informed (by mail, when asked) by ACS skill assessment officer tht he has forwarded my case to an assessor on 17th July. Anybody has any idea when should I expect it now? I have applied for SAP.

Also, past 11 months i am working in australia, in SAP. before tht I was in India, working in SAP. Would ACS call both my employers, as in current one in aus and past one in India? Anybdy any clue?

Last edited by supriyag123; Aug 3rd 2009 at 4:07 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:35 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

JAJ, Prior to launching my application, this was the one issue which I had difficulty resolving so I did a through research of the relevant immigration legislation (this research was conducted early 2008 and unfortunately the data on my hard disk pertaining to this legislation was lost due to corrupt HDD) concerning this issue and consulted 4 MARA agents.
INDOAUS, your research was conducted some time ago. The legislation on this has changed.

To the original poster (coool):

Be aware that the only way you can receive 25 points for being sponsored by a relative is if you apply for a provisional 475 visa, rather than a permanent visa. To be eligible for this visa, your sponsoring relative must live in a designated regional area of Australia. The 475 visa only requires a total of 100 points (not 120 points).

Also, Records Manager is not on the MODL (but it is on the SOL).
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The feedback from the MARA agent: it is highly likely that CO will demand evidence that visa applicant has performed their occupation at a skilled level.
True, but you jump to a conclusion that a second skill assessment would be needed. Not necessarily.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Hi saraliz,

Thanks for your reply. So, can CO reject my visa if my occupation (Records Manager) is not on MODL? Because as far as I know, your nominated occupation only needed to be in SOL. In my case, Records Manager (nominated occupation) and Software Developer - .NET (most recent work experience) both are in SOL and ENSOL.

However, I am still waiting to for the answer of my first question.

Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi saraliz,

Thanks for your reply. So, can CO reject my visa if my occupation (Records Manager) is not on MODL? Because as far as I know, your nominated occupation only needed to be in SOL. In my case, Records Manager (nominated occupation) and Software Developer - .NET (most recent work experience) both are in SOL and ENSOL.

However, I am still waiting to for the answer of my first question.

This appears to be the relevant part of the website for you. Looks like you do have to state what nominated occupation you want to apply under (contrary to my original post #14).

http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_...ifications.cfm

However I do not believe that you have to have your degree in a closely related subject and I know this because I emailed Vetassess and asked when I was looking into it for my sister.

My question: "I would like to have skills assessed to apply for migration as a Hotel Manager. However the degree is not in hotel management byt general business is this ok?"

The answer: "VETASSESS Qualifications Assessment will assess only the LEVEL of qualification, therefore as long as it meets the requirements (see below) it can potentially be assessed as Positive. "

If you have questions on Vetassess, why not try contacting them by email, they responded to me within 24 hours.

[email protected]

P.S. I still have some doubts that this strategy will work and I think you need some professional advice.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Aug 4th 2009 at 8:45 am.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
This appears to be the relevant part of the website for you. Looks like you do have to state what nominated occupation you want to apply under (contrary to my original post #14).

http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_...ifications.cfm

However I do not believe that you have to have your degree in a closely related subject and I know this because I emailed Vetassess and asked when I was looking into it for my sister.

My question: "I would like to have skills assessed to apply for migration as a Hotel Manager. However the degree is not in hotel management byt general business is this ok?"

The answer: "VETASSESS Qualifications Assessment will assess only the LEVEL of qualification, therefore as long as it meets the requirements (see below) it can potentially be assessed as Positive. "

If you have questions on Vetassess, why not try contacting them by email, they responded to me within 24 hours.

[email protected]

P.S. I still have some doubts that this strategy will work and I think you need some professional advice.
Hi Bermudashorts,

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. I will contact Vetassess within 1-2 days.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have also found that during 2009-2010 DIMIA will give priority to GSM visa applications in the following order.

1. Employer/State nominated
2. CSL (Critical Skill List)
3. MODL
4. Other

So, it's least likely to go for visa subclass 475 with skilled occupation (Records Manager) assessed by Vetassess. As, Records Manager is not in MODL.

Now, according to my agent, the only option I have is to get 7 bands in IELTS (in each component) and apply under subclass 176 with skilled occupation (Software Developer - .NET - ASCO 2231-79) assessed by ACS, which is in CSL. However, as far as I know, ACS won't give positive assessment until I have minimum of 4 years of experience. I have also asked the agent to explain me how I can I get positive assessment from ACS with my 2 years of experience. But he is asking for consultancy fee (obviously).

Does anyone have answer of this question?

Last edited by coool; Aug 4th 2009 at 10:06 am.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Come on guys this is the last question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.