Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

URGENT PLS: How to move Elderly Mum in US to Australia: I want to care for her myself

URGENT PLS: How to move Elderly Mum in US to Australia: I want to care for her myself

Old Jul 10th 2011, 2:57 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT PLS: How to move Elderly Mum in US to Australia: I want to care for her my

Originally Posted by jimmygill
Hello Dear

This suggestion is based on my observation on your given circumstance and concern with your mom.

Cal her first on tourist/visitor visa.

Then apply for dependent visa under family sponsered as per your visa category showing her sick and dependent on you. This is practical to avoid hassels

TC

Gill
It's also illegal to arrive as a tourist with the intention of staying permanently. Furthermore, she would have no access to medical treatment (other than emergency treatment) without paying for it which would be very very expensive.

I think you need to be very careful - recommending illegal and very questionable pathways to people is not good.

Alos, if she has any type of pension (which as a UK citizen she will have) she would not qualify as a 'dependent'. Very poor advice.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 2:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT PLS: How to move Elderly Mum in US to Australia: I want to care for her my

Originally Posted by tking
It's also illegal to arrive as a tourist with the intention of staying permanently. Furthermore, she would have no access to medical treatment (other than emergency treatment) without paying for it which would be very very expensive.

I think you need to be very careful - recommending illegal and very questionable pathways to people is not good.
Also the OP is a citizen and therefore not on a visa so she can't add her as a dependent.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

jimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nice

Originally Posted by tking

Alos, if she has any type of pension (which as a UK citizen she will have) she would not qualify as a 'dependent'. Very poor advice.
Hello there........
Please dont take it otherwise !!! illegal or something
Calling parents on tourist /visitor visa under family sponsered category is legal and and you are entitle to medicals, yes but for limited period

Secondly she is any time qualify as a dependent. she is her mother, direct blood relation. even not mentioned in dependant list earlier. your parents are in need any time of their life.
yes my suggestion might be look selfish ......in term of non-discloser at first stage.

I am sorry for that if i went wrong any time as per my knowledge.

thanks for your concern

TC
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmygill
Hello there........
Please dont take it otherwise !!! illegal or something
Calling parents on tourist /visitor visa under family sponsered category is legal and and you are entitle to medicals, yes but for limited period

Secondly she is any time qualify as a dependent. she is her mother, direct blood relation. even not mentioned in dependant list earlier. your parents are in need any time of their life.
yes my suggestion might be look selfish ......in term of non-discloser at first stage.

I am sorry for that if i went wrong any time as per my knowledge.

thanks for your concern

TC
The OP's mother is not eligible for Medicare. There is no reciprocal agreement between the US and Australia (the mother lives in the US).

She does not qualify as a dependant just because she is the mother. Aged parent visas take years to be granted, not days.

What you suggested IS illegal. Arriving on a visitor's visa with the intention of migrating is called immigration fraud. It is illegal.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

jimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The OP's mother is not eligible for Medicare. There is no reciprocal agreement between the US and Australia (the mother lives in the US).

She does not qualify as a dependant just because she is the mother. Aged parent visas take years to be granted, not days.

What you suggested IS illegal. Arriving on a visitor's visa with the intention of migrating is called immigration fraud. It is illegal.
Thanks !!
I was just exploring one option
Feeling bad becoz its illegal.
I will take care in future