Urgent help re: Medical!

Old May 15th 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Unhappy Urgent help re: Medical!

Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for the Prospective Marriage Visa. I am soon to undergo a medical, but I'm concerned about this part of the application as back in 2002/2003 I suffered from moderate depression, including self harm. This was due to a lot of bad things happening in my life which I wont go into.

I havent been on any medication for 4 years and am well and truly recovered. I moved town, got a good job and all has been well, as the old saying goes, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!

Anyway, will this becomg a big issue with regards to my medical, and ultimately my application for the visa itself?

Any help or reassurences would be a great help.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help re: Medical!

Make sure you declare it on your medical form. Your panel doctor will ask you about it and you can explain yourself there. Lots of people suffer depression and since you are now healthy and not on medications anymore then it should not cause you any problems.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Make sure you declare it on your medical form. Your panel doctor will ask you about it and you can explain yourself there. Lots of people suffer depression and since you are now healthy and not on medications anymore then it should not cause you any problems.
Thanks for the reply Dorothy.

I am more than happy to declare what happened and have no problem talking about it, im just worried that Immi may hold it against me, surely they shouldn't as long as its been declared and I can get my GP to write a letter explaining the fact I have not been on medication for 4 years and that I am well and truly recovered?

So worried about this today.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK

I am more than happy to declare what happened and have no problem talking about it, im just worried that Immi may hold it against me, surely they shouldn't as long as its been declared and I can get my GP to write a letter explaining the fact I have not been on medication for 4 years and that I am well and truly recovered?

Hi,

I have been suffering with depression since 2004 and I still take medication. I am back to myself now but the doc thinks I should stay on the medication for a little while longer as it is keeping me stable. Our agent said that this would not be a problem. I would say not to worry I have my medical next week so I will keep you posted

Helena
Old May 15th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

I have been suffering with depression since 2004 and I still take medication. I am back to myself now but the doc thinks I should stay on the medication for a little while longer as it is keeping me stable. Our agent said that this would not be a problem. I would say not to worry I have my medical next week so I will keep you posted

Helena
Thank you Helena, that should put my mind at rest a little as I head out to work now, I may PM you tonight if thats ok?

All help is really appreciated with this everyone, thanks in advance
Old May 15th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Thank you Helena, that should put my mind at rest a little as I head out to work now, I may PM you tonight if thats ok?

All help is really appreciated with this everyone, thanks in advance
Yes thats no problem. Stay positive
Old May 15th 2008, 1:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Try not to worry. I think the medicals are the worst part of the whole process! We all get ourselves in such a flap about the silliest of things. I remember one poster on the Feb 2006 thread who imagined a new disease for herself every day. At one point she had Ebola.
Old May 15th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Try not to worry. I think the medicals are the worst part of the whole process! We all get ourselves in such a flap about the silliest of things. I remember one poster on the Feb 2006 thread who imagined a new disease for herself every day. At one point she had Ebola.
Got to agree with that 100%, got ourselves in a right tizz in the build up to them, but they really are pretty striagt forwards

Good Luck
Old May 15th 2008, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi There

I had post natal depression after I had my dd seven years ago, only diagnosed when she was one and I was suicidal.

I am still taking anti d's - at varying doses depending on a) the weather (winter is SO much worse) and b) my stress levels in work.

When I had my medical the panel doctor wasn't particularly interested (for want of a better word) in the fact that I am taking these and didn't seem to think it will affect our visa chances at all.

However, we haven't got a co yet so I can't tell you that this DEFINITELY doesn't have an impact - but I'm taking a positive outlook and going with the Doc !!

One thing's for sure - make sure you declare EVERYTHING - they WILL find out and if you lie about ANYTHING you'll completely scupper your chances.

Please don't worry too much - stay positive and what you want to happen WILL happen - so only have good thoughts !!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your replies, they have helped to put my mind at rest a lot more now..

Melbourne - I was the same as you, in terms of suicidal but that has now long gone, I guess the fact I have fully recovered now would mean it shouldn't be an issue? When did you submit your application and for what visa?
Old May 16th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Application submitted 27.08 - going for a 496 visa - temporary skilled sponsored visa.

I know it's very worrying - I spent many days and nights wondering if I should declare it or not - however, I felt that a lie could easily be discovered and really wasn't worth it - and while this is something I VERY much want to do - I believe that what will be will be.