Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

navdeepkaur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Originally Posted by Prudi
Thanks!

You know, I never normally just "have" wine in the fridge, but tonight, it's as if events conspired to chill a bottle of bubbly just for the occasion.

Now I just need that scratchcard that I bought on impulse on the way home to come good.

MeinMel, your letter may already be in the post....
congrats dear.finally u got victory.go and stamp ur passport
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by navdeepkaur
congrats dear.finally u got victory.go and stamp ur passport
Thanks! First priority is re-applying for my redundancy money!
Old Nov 26th 2011, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

And finally I had my celebratory

I am now Permanent Resident, grant processed on 18 Nov, so 7 days shy of 6 months from application and 5 months and a day from eligibility date
Old Nov 26th 2011, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MeinMel

I am now Permanent Resident, grant processed on 18 Nov, so 7 days shy of 6 months from application and 5 months and a day from eligibility date
Woot! Very happy for you! Congrats!
Old Nov 26th 2011, 7:38 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MeinMel

Congratulations! Enjoy your celebrations, it's a great feeling when it finally comes through isn't it!
Old Nov 27th 2011, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Congratulations! Enjoy your celebrations, it's a great feeling when it finally comes through isn't it!
It is great! Finally I feel more permanent
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my second stage partner visa PR approved yesterday

Can't remember exactly when I sent it in, around August I think. So about 4 months.

Do I need to get anything put in my passport?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

AWESOME! Congratulations!!!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 1:41 am
Just Joined

UKjuice is an unknown quantity at this point

Long time viewer ... rare poster.
I received my BC100 permanent partner visa today (January 27) - exactly two years to the day after I first arrived in Australia. The second stage application took just over five months.
Anyway, my question - to echo JoeBloggs above - is that it appears the 'new' visa is linked to your passport number, and you don't actually get a new physical visa stamp/insert per se.
Is this correct?
I am a teacher and have had to supply my temporary visa many times in the past to gain eligibility to work, and every single time there has been a lot of explaining to do about the visa status due to the words 'provisional resident', as well as the statement below about being permitted to stay until the permanent visa application is granted/withdrawn. This year, with a new year contract about to start, I had to get my principal to explain the situation to the education department.
With no 'new' visa in my passport, am I going to continue going through the same rigmarole for the next five years until citizenship can be applied for?
Any help/advice would be most appreciated!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKjuice
With no 'new' visa in my passport, am I going to continue going through the same rigmarole for the next five years until citizenship can be applied for?
Sounds like eligibility for citizenship would be in 2 years time unless you've spent a really long time outside Australia since arriving 2 years ago.

In regards to checking visa eligibility for organisations, that's what VEVO is for - they will be able to see online your status in Australia.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 5:28 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Long time viewer ... rare poster.
I received my BC100 permanent partner visa today (January 27) - exactly two years to the day after I first arrived in Australia. The second stage application took just over five months.
Anyway, my question - to echo JoeBloggs above - is that it appears the 'new' visa is linked to your passport number, and you don't actually get a new physical visa stamp/insert per se.
Is this correct?
I am a teacher and have had to supply my temporary visa many times in the past to gain eligibility to work, and every single time there has been a lot of explaining to do about the visa status due to the words 'provisional resident', as well as the statement below about being permitted to stay until the permanent visa application is granted/withdrawn. This year, with a new year contract about to start, I had to get my principal to explain the situation to the education department.
Any help/advice would be most appreciated!
You can still get a visa label for your passport if you feel that this would make your life easier. Whilst in theory there is no need to have the physical visa label, the reality is that lots of employers/organisations haven't got a clue and so if you can make life easier for them by showing them a lovely PR label then all should be good. Having said that I don't have a visa label but I have shown my PR grant letter to various organisations just to make things simple.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Qantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Hope you still remember me. It's been a while! (I don't even fly Qantas anymore, but I digress...)

The paperwork for the 2nd stage of my Partner Visa application arrived in the mail in early Jan, almost 2 months prior to my eligibility date for the 'upgrade' to PR.

As has been noted here a couple of times, the 2nd stage is relatively straightforward compared to the first stage. All I had to include were:
- Stat decs for both myself and partner
- Contact details of 2 nominees who are aware of our relationship
- Photocopy of my passport (details page and page that includes signature)
- Photocopy of my partner's passport (or driver's licence from any Australian state or territory)
- AFP clearance for myself
- And police clearance if you've been to any country for more than 12 months cumulatively since grant of the SC 820
- Form 80 (thank goodness I kept of photocopy of the last time I had to do this - sure made life easier, all I had to do was copy and update as necessary; my arms are still sore - it's when filling in Form 80 we realised we probably spend a bit too much on travelling - suppose you only live once etc)

And that's about it! We weren't asked to provide evidence along with the stat decs - in fact they were quite clear about all documents having to fit into the A4 sized envelope supplied. We've only spent 2 weeks on this cf months for the first stage, and have just posted it all off via Express Post Platinum.

I don't expect to hear anything until at least 90 days after my eligibility date, as stated on one of the documents (though I note that the website says to wait 6-8 months). So in for a long wait... Suppose it's no big deal as I've already got all the bells and whistles like work, Medicare, travel etc on my existing visa, but I just want it all to be over haha!

Last edited by Qantasflyer; Jan 27th 2012 at 5:42 am.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Thank you both for your advice...and yes,I can apply for citizenship in two years time,not five-I read the letter wrong in my excitement!
I have to attach a scanned copy of my visa when applying online each year for an 'authority to teach' clearance letter from the education department in SA,and the temporary visa always causes confusion so a 'proper' sticker would be good to have!
Therefore,I have a final question for you knowledgeable lot:as I live in Adelaide,is it possible to send my passport to a DIAC office to get this done?
Thanks in advance-I salute you!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Sorry!There is an office in Adelaide...I'm looking for answers from someone else before researching it myself. I'll go in and give it a go.
Thanks again for your help.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 10:53 pm
Feeble Minded

Sorry!There is an office in Adelaide...I'm looking for answers from someone else before researching it myself. I'll go in and give it a go.
Thanks again for your help.
I was having trouble with Medicare when I got my temp spouse visa 3 years ago and went into the local DIAC office to get a visa label to shut them up - the guy at the front desk sorted it out for me, no fuss no bother, in and out in 5 minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.