British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/update-info-second-stage-spouse-visa-applicants-675369/)

Matlissa Jul 6th 2010 3:39 am

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Hi everyone!!

I have some info which may be useful for the second stage of the application.

I have received the second stage info pack from DIAC, which was sent out 2 weeks ago. We applied in Oct 08, so wasn't expecting the letter to be sent that early!

Just been asked for Form 80 (luckily took a copy of it when we first applied), 2 statements (one from my partner and one from me) and a police check - so shouldn't take too long to prepare! :fingerscrossed:

They give 60 days from the date you receive the pack, to send everything in - DIAC says that this is 7 days after the date they sent it out.

Hope this is useful for someone :)

Matlissa

Matlissa Jul 14th 2010 6:40 am

Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Originally Posted by Matlissa (Post 8680292)
Hi everyone!!

I have received the second stage info pack from DIAC, which was sent out 2 weeks ago. We applied in Oct 08, so wasn't expecting the letter to be sent that early!

Just been asked for Form 80 (luckily took a copy of it when we first applied), 2 statements (one from my partner and one from me) and a police check - so shouldn't take too long to prepare! :fingerscrossed:

They give 60 days from the date you receive the pack, to send everything in - DIAC says that this is 7 days after the date they sent it out.

Matlissa

Lodged the application today at 1.30pm.

AsadsBride Jul 25th 2010 5:44 am

Did you receive acknowledgement card back yet?

Regards
AB

SillyOldBag Jul 25th 2010 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Matlissa (Post 8680292)
Hi everyone!!

Matlissa

Ewwwk - from recent posts about the 2nd stage processing it looks like I'll finally have to fill in Form80. I've managed to dodge it so far. In all honesty, I think I'll struggle with dates of some of my trips abroad, but I'm hoping that vague dates should suffice? I don't expect to hear from DIAC til Sept at the earliest, but I might dig the form out now and get it filled in so it's ready to go!

Good luck with your application and I hope you hear back soon - it's a long old wait we have to go through before we're PR!

Pollyana Jul 25th 2010 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag (Post 8726710)
Ewwwk - from recent posts about the 2nd stage processing it looks like I'll finally have to fill in Form80. I've managed to dodge it so far. In all honesty, I think I'll struggle with dates of some of my trips abroad, but I'm hoping that vague dates should suffice? I don't expect to hear from DIAC til Sept at the earliest, but I might dig the form out now and get it filled in so it's ready to go!

Good luck with your application and I hope you hear back soon - it's a long old wait we have to go through before we're PR!

Just put the best you can remember, that'll do :)
And think yourself lucky - I had to do it at each stage, three times in total :blink: :frown:

Tina7 Jul 25th 2010 3:00 pm

As stated in the 'Spouse Circle' thread, I had to fill in the same documents at the second stage mark. They were sent off last week so it's now a 'hurry up and wait' scenario. :(

SillyOldBag Jul 26th 2010 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8726888)
And think yourself lucky - I had to do it at each stage, three times in total :blink: :frown:

Yes but that's understandable, you're quite clearly a bit dodgy!! :rofl: :p Well so am I probably, but I disguise it better :D

Pollyana Jul 26th 2010 6:01 am

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag (Post 8728303)
Yes but that's understandable, you're quite clearly a bit dodgy!! :rofl: :p Well so am I probably, but I disguise it better :D

:lol: I was just glad I photocopied the first one before I submitted it so at least all the dates matched :D

Matlissa Jul 28th 2010 2:15 am

Hii everyone, Ok, I got a bit anxious as I hadn't received my acknowledgement card, so I emailed DIAC last Friday to see where it was (typical that it turned up on the Monday!) DIAC replied with the following information:

Dear Melissa, Thanks for your email. I confirmed that your documents were received by the Department on 22.7.2010 Your application has been placed in a queue for processing. The standard processing time is 3-6 months from your eligiblity date, which is 16/10/2008. A case officer will get in touch with you should we need any further information from you. In the mean time, should you have any further inquiry, you can either emailus or ring 1300 760 421.

----------------------------------------------------
Hi AsadsBride - I received the acknowledgement card on Monday (26th) - it was date stamped the 15th! But DIAC stated that they received it on the 22nd!

Hi SillyOldBag how long after me did you apply? I seem to remember it wasn't that long after! Hopefully you will receive the pack soon too. For form 80, I just put the month and year in some cases and just left the day blank. I wrote *unsure of actual dates* underneath both times I filled it out.

Good luck Tina71 - have you received your acknowledgement card yet? When is your eligibility date?

Matlissa :)

Tina7 Jul 28th 2010 3:13 pm

Hi Matlissa

I sent my forms in via ExpressPost on the 20th and received the acknowledgment card stamped with the 21st.

My eligibility date was the 22nd of July/08.

I filled in the Form 80 to the best of my ability or should I say memory; I may have been off by a few months in the employment history and did not make a notation on the form. I presume if they have any questions that the CO will notify me.

Let's cross our fingers and hope it gets finalised soon!:)

SillyOldBag Jul 28th 2010 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Matlissa (Post 8733406)
Hi SillyOldBag how long after me did you apply? I seem to remember it wasn't that long after! Hopefully you will receive the pack soon too. For form 80, I just put the month and year in some cases and just left the day blank. I wrote *unsure of actual dates* underneath both times I filled it out.

I applied mid-November, so bearing in mind what they say in their letter granting the temp spouse visa, I'm expecting to hear from the 2nd stage application bods some time in September. We'll all be glad when it's over won't we!!

Thanks for the advice re the Form 80, if that suffices then it should make it much easier. I've printed the form off now and I'm going to get it filled in so it's ready to go whenever.

Good luck with your visa and no doubt you'll let us know when you get the good news!! yayyy! :D

AsadsBride Jul 30th 2010 12:53 pm

We've also received my hubby's acknowledgement card saying that DIAC received the pack on 26/07/10. So interestingly I see few of us around the same date :)

Good luck all !!

Squaddie missus Aug 13th 2010 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by AsadsBride (Post 8740221)
We've also received my hubby's acknowledgement card saying that DIAC received the pack on 26/07/10. So interestingly I see few of us around the same date :)

Good luck all !!

Hi all. My hubby got his acknowledgement card on 1 July from the Canberra processing centre. Please, please keep the info coming for us all sweating on the 2nd stage. From memory, AsadsBride has said in a different thread that they're now processing those submitted 3 months ago... Still, it's better that than their stock-standard '6-8 months' reply. I've heard other great stories from a few months ago that some only took 10 weeks, which is great for morale! Good luck!! I'll re-post when we hear further!

Trassel Sep 21st 2010 10:48 am

My application was also received by the Canberra office on 26 July. I am still waiting. Has anyone heard anything about their applications? Cheers!

Squaddie missus Sep 21st 2010 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Trassel (Post 8864463)
My application was also received by the Canberra office on 26 July. I am still waiting. Has anyone heard anything about their applications? Cheers!

Unfortunately not... Our application was received by Canberra on 1 July and we've been together 7 years, married 4... We're waiting to enrol hubby in second year uni (1st year at international rates we borrowed to afford). It's been 12 weeks since the 2nd stage was recieved. It's been 2 years and 14 weeks since the 309 visa was granted. And we're getting slightly impatient. There are people who have got theirs before us so there appears to be no rhyme nor reason. But we know there are people worse off than us. Of course, knowing that doesn't help:blink:... Good luck with your application!!