Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:55 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, I have a feeling its 5 years, but not 100% certain. There is certainly a considerable gap before another spouse can be sponsored.
That's what I was vaguely remembering. Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

navdeepkaur is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Pollyana;9651908]If their relationship was genuine at the point when PR was granted then she has nothing to worry about. She became a Permanent Resident while in a genuine relationship and can now stay in Australia whether she stays married or not.
If he goes to DIAC and claims the relationship was fraudulent all along then he may find himself in trouble for visa fraud, regardless of what happens to her. It almost always takes two to tango.[/QUO
thanks polly for ur reply. yes polly she is permanent residence now . she has every proof of her genuine relation with him as evidence she has wedding photos, marriage certificate, they are still living together from last two years., joint bank account, corrspondence showing same address. she pay the rent.most important thing they applied for home loan which is now approved under both names.but problm is that she got it one month ago and she is worried immigration will think that we waited till grant of visa and now we split up.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:34 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by navdeepkaur
thanks polly for ur reply. yes polly she is permanent residence now . she has every proof of her genuine relation with him as evidence she has wedding photos, marriage certificate, they are still living together from last two years., joint bank account, corrspondence showing same address. she pay the rent.most important thing they applied for home loan which is now approved under both names.but problm is that she got it one month ago and she is worried immigration will think that we waited till grant of visa and now we split up.
Are you the husband?

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 2nd 2011 at 5:31 pm. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Are you the husband?
i m girl and its for my friend who used t o work wd me.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 2nd 2011 at 5:32 pm. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

we waited till grant of visa and now we split up.
As said before now that you have PR immigration does not care if you stay in your relationship or not... In regards to threats by your husband, you often mentioned your ongoing problems, If you have any concerns I suggest you contact good migration agent to clear your doubts... I do not think public forum is a good idea at this stage....

Last edited by MeinMel; Oct 2nd 2011 at 12:58 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:56 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

i m girl and its for my friend who used t o work wd me.
Are you the wife then? Why did you say "we" in the above sentence?

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 2nd 2011 at 5:32 pm. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Are you the wife then? Why did you say "we" in the above sentence?
read the whole line mite i wrote that she is worrying about herself that DIAC will think we are now split up after my permant grant

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 2nd 2011 at 5:34 pm. Reason: fixing quotes
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 2:09 am

read the whole line mite i wrote that she is worrying about herself that DIAC will think we are now split up after my permant grant
I did read the whole line. You just did it again, you keep saying "we"

Do you mean this?

"she is worrying about herself that DIAC will think they are now split up after their permant grant?

There is a difference. You keep refering to "we" when it now looks like you mean "them"......

Makes sense if that's what you mean....
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations navdeepkaur on the grant of your visa.

I hope your friend gets their situation sorted out.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brisneyland
Congratulations navdeepkaur on the grant of your visa.

I hope your friend gets their situation sorted out.
yes she got her PR . She had fight wd him last week as he physically abuse her. she called the police and police told them to be seperated. she is now living wd me. my question is she is PR now does it affect on her status because she moved out after few weeks of her PR. also, they have joint bank account if she withdrawl money from that account would it will work negative for her
Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Just thought I'd share...

I finally got paranoid enough that they'd lost my documents that I sent a very polite e mail last night asking for a status update. Got a reply at 8:15am QLD time this morning to tell me "your documents have been received and await allocation to a case officer". On the one hand, at least they're not lost, on the other hand, looks like I'm not going to be able to reapply for my redundancy money any time soon. They must have a humungous backlog...
Old Oct 19th 2011, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

I actually called them yesterday and just politely asked about the status of my application. I was told its still waiting for a case officer. In fact all applications spent most of its time waiting for case officer allocation. ONce they are allocated they are processed really quick.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

PR letter was in the post box when I got home, "visa was granted 22 October 2011". Woo! Show me da money!!!!

Less flippantly, 1) they work on Saturdays? and 2) maybe they did react to the enquiry e mail...? We will probably never know....
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Congrats Prudi! Have a or three
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MeinMel
Congrats Prudi! Have a or three
Thanks!

You know, I never normally just "have" wine in the fridge, but tonight, it's as if events conspired to chill a bottle of bubbly just for the occasion.

Now I just need that scratchcard that I bought on impulse on the way home to come good.

MeinMel, your letter may already be in the post....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.