Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:33 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Originally Posted by navdeepkaur
thanks every one. i called them and they said they r processing quicker than before. do i need to get stamp on my passport. mine case took longer than 6 months
You don't have to get a stamp in your visa, but if there is a local DIAC office that it is convenient to visit then it might be a good idea to get one. I was granted PR last year and still haven't got the visa stamp but should I need one I'll nip into the office and get one. It's free and doesn't take long, I did it when I had the temp spouse visa.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

navdeepkaur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
You don't have to get a stamp in your visa, but if there is a local DIAC office that it is convenient to visit then it might be a good idea to get one. I was granted PR last year and still haven't got the visa stamp but should I need one I'll nip into the office and get one. It's free and doesn't take long, I did it when I had the temp spouse visa.
thanks for reply. i have a quick question. one of my friend she got her permanent visa last month .she is now permanent residence of australia but her husband dont like her .he want to cancel her visa so that he can marry wd someone from singapore. in this case wat will happn to her visa as she got partner permanent visa like we have. she dont know english very well as she caant get advise by her self.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:15 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for reply. i have a quick question. one of my friend she got her permanent visa last month .she is now permanent residence of australia but her husband dont like her .he want to cancel her visa so that he can marry wd someone from singapore. in this case wat will happn to her visa as she got partner permanent visa like we have. she dont know english very well as she caant get advise by her self.
Not sure what you mean? If you friend has a perm visa how can her husband cancel her visa?

Do you mean they came to Aus together as a married couple and have now decided to split up. Are you asking that now they have perm residence, if they split up does she have to go back to her home country or can she stay even though they have split up?

Is this your question?
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Not sure what you mean? If you friend has a perm visa how can her husband cancel her visa?

Do you mean they came to Aus together as a married couple and have now decided to split up. Are you asking that now they have perm residence, if they split up does she have to go back to her home country or can she stay even though they have split up?

Is this your question?
her husband is citizen and she just got subclass 100 month ago .they r fighting everyday and he threats he can tll immi to cancel hrt r
permanent
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:25 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

her husband is citizen and she just got subclass 100 month ago .they r fighting everyday and he threats he can tll immi to cancel hrt r
permanent
This makes little sense. Not sure what you are asking as the question is only half written
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

This makes little sense. Not sure what you are asking as the question is only half written
she is here in this country from last two yrs.on temp 309 applied 100 and get it.now her husband threats her to cancel her permanent visa.can he do it?
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:43 pm

she is here in this country from last two yrs.on temp 309 applied 100 and get it.now her husband threats her to cancel her permanent visa.can he do it?
How can he cancel a visa that she has already been given?
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

How can he cancel a visa that she has already been given?
he said he will tl hem relationship was fake.she has every proof wd her relationship is genuine
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:57 pm

he said he will tl hem relationship was fake.she has every proof wd her relationship is genuine
If she has proof their relationship is / was genuine she has nothing to worry about. Let him do it.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

If she has proof their relationship is / was genuine she has nothing to worry about. Let him do it.
o i dont think once pr has been grabted immigration cares about relationships
Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:10 pm

o i dont think once pr has been grabted immigration cares about relationships
Really? OK....are you wanting me to validate that statement mate?

One thing's for sure. If anyone gets married to provide someone with a visa then decides to retract it later, good luck. I hope they get found out.

Spurrious marriages are not unheard of and I suspect there are some dodgy people out there who are desperate for a better life and up to all sorts of tricks to bring in more than one person via one visa

Saw it in UK so no doubt it will happen here too. I hope DIAC find out and send both their sorry arses back to their home country if that is the case

Or.....like you say.....maybe DIAC don't care.....
Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Really? OK....are you wanting me to validate that statement mate?

One thing's for sure. If anyone gets married to provide someone with a visa then decides to retract it later, good luck. I hope they get found out.

Spurrious marriages are not unheard of and I suspect there are some dodgy people out there who are desperate for a better life and up to all sorts of tricks to bring in more than one person via one visa

Saw it in UK so no doubt it will happen here too. I hope DIAC find out and send both their sorry arses back to their home country if that is the case

Or.....like you say.....maybe DIAC don't care.....
she work wd me.she is my best friend.their relation is genuine they have joint statements and live together.home loan papers together.suddenly her husband start like another girl from singapore. by the tym their second stage papers came and and she got her permanent residency.its nothing her fault.he just want to divorce her and send her back to her country.nothing her fault she is still in genuine relation wd him
Old Oct 1st 2011, 8:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

she work wd me.she is my best friend.their relation is genuine they have joint statements and live together.home loan papers together.suddenly her husband start like another girl from singapore. by the tym their second stage papers came and and she got her permanent residency.its nothing her fault.he just want to divorce her and send her back to her country.nothing her fault she is still in genuine relation wd him
If their relationship was genuine at the point when PR was granted then she has nothing to worry about. She became a Permanent Resident while in a genuine relationship and can now stay in Australia whether she stays married or not.
If he goes to DIAC and claims the relationship was fraudulent all along then he may find himself in trouble for visa fraud, regardless of what happens to her. It almost always takes two to tango.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:41 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If their relationship was genuine at the point when PR was granted then she has nothing to worry about. She became a Permanent Resident while in a genuine relationship and can now stay in Australia whether she stays married or not.
If he goes to DIAC and claims the relationship was fraudulent all along then he may find himself in trouble for visa fraud, regardless of what happens to her. It almost always takes two to tango.
Assuming that the relationship was genuine at the time PR was granted, the other point is that it will be a while before the husband can sponsor anyone else if memory serves me correctly.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Assuming that the relationship was genuine at the time PR was granted, the other point is that it will be a while before the husband can sponsor anyone else if memory serves me correctly.
Yep, I have a feeling its 5 years, but not 100% certain. There is certainly a considerable gap before another spouse can be sponsored.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.