Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Originally Posted by jbarnes
Cant believe they want you to fill out form 80 again,took forever to get all the information for that form the first time.

Surely they have it on file?Or do they just love forms?
I had to do it three times - Pros Marriage, Temp Spouse and PR, again a few years ago it was normal to have to fill it in each time - I used to make a point of reminding people to photocopy it to make things easier at the next stage.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:43 am
Just Joined

jbarnes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I had to do it three times - Pros Marriage, Temp Spouse and PR, again a few years ago it was normal to have to fill it in each time - I used to make a point of reminding people to photocopy it to make things easier at the next stage.
Taking a photocopy is definatley the way to go,just seems ridiculous to give them the same information over and over and over again when then must have it on file to reference.

Ill never understand the workings of the Australian immigration department its almost as if crave extra paperwork
Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

They often ask for evidence and Stat Decs. Until a couple of years ago it was the norm that you MUST produce evidence in the form of bills etc and you MUST produce Stat Decs. Since then the requirements have varied more - every applicant got a different request. Makes sense to ask for evidence as PR is generally dependent on the fact the relationship is continuing
Yeah, makes sense. I was actually a bit surprised with how little stuff they wanted for the SSV, as I have been telling the OH to hold onto every potentially useful piece of paperwork for the last two years!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by navdeepkaur
i send it to brisbane. did they ask u any evidence
Mine went to Melbourne but I live in Brisbane so was in the DIAC offices to get the sticker in my passport. I wasn't asked for any extra evidence but they have lots of info on me as I was on a fiance visa and then had to transfer to temp spouse because the wedding didn't happen within the 9 month requirement due to family illness so I've paid twice and applied twice and filled in form 80 three times in total (I feel your pain) When I rang to see where my case was up to I was asked why I had transfered from one visa to another. Even though the situation is genuine I still felt nervous and guilty.

I would ring them and ask whether you have been assigned a case officer yet. Also, what their current processing times are.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

holly45 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats nuts why would they want the same info 3 times?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:27 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly45
thats nuts why would they want the same info 3 times?
Very common in those days, lots of us on here used to moan about it - I'll never know why they didn't just ask for an update instead of the whole form again!! Form 80 wasn't quite so extensive then, but it was bad enough!

Same as when doing a Temp Spouse application - if you already hold a Prospective Marriage Visa you have already supplied most of the paperwork once - but you still have to supply it all again!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Very common in those days, lots of us on here used to moan about it - I'll never know why they didn't just ask for an update instead of the whole form again!! Form 80 wasn't quite so extensive then, but it was bad enough!

Same as when doing a Temp Spouse application - if you already hold a Prospective Marriage Visa you have already supplied most of the paperwork once - but you still have to supply it all again!
thats nuts what did they say when you told them you had already supplied the form twice so they already had the info?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

The form gets updated from time to time, I noticed when filling it out for the 3rd time the section on Mother and Father has changed too recently with a new politically correct note. Instead of Mother and Father it says "Parents"...

Note: You must complete details for any person who is or was your parent or with whom you have had a parent-like relationship with. This should include, but is not limited to, natural parents, adoptive parents, IVF parents, surrogate parents, step-parents, foster parents, and/or guardians.

Was tempting to claim to have had a parent like relationship with a pack of animals who had adopted me as one of their own.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:53 am
Home and Happy

thats nuts what did they say when you told them you had already supplied the form twice so they already had the info?
I didn't I just filled it in, it was easier! Communicating with DIAC in those days wasn't something people did at a drop of a hat like now (and this is only five years back). There was no email, you either wrote them a letter or spent a fortune ringing them. Sometimes wish it was still like that.......

Originally Posted by Brisneyland
The form gets updated from time to time, I noticed when filling it out for the 3rd time the section on Mother and Father has changed too recently with a new politically correct note. Instead of Mother and Father it says "Parents"...

Note: You must complete details for any person who is or was your parent or with whom you have had a parent-like relationship with. This should include, but is not limited to, natural parents, adoptive parents, IVF parents, surrogate parents, step-parents, foster parents, and/or guardians.

Was tempting to claim to have had a parent like relationship with a pack of animals who had adopted me as one of their own.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:51 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Pollyana;9451121]I didn't I just filled it in, it was easier! Communicating with DIAC in those days wasn't something people did at a drop of a hat like now (and this is only five years back). There was no email, you either wrote them a letter or spent a fortune ringing them. Sometimes wish it was still like that.......

Thats a shame would of been interesting to hear the logic behind you having to fill out the same info 3 times!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

It's strange. These people have such power to make or break our lives with their descision that I know I wouldn't want to rattle their cage any more than I had to. They're generally helpful people who are probably as frustrated as we are by the constraints within which they have to work. They can probably do without us poms with our know-it-all voices telling them they're doing it wrong.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:11 am
Home and Happy

It's strange. These people have such power to make or break our lives with their descision that I know I wouldn't want to rattle their cage any more than I had to. They're generally helpful people who are probably as frustrated as we are by the constraints within which they have to work. They can probably do without us poms with our know-it-all voices telling them they're doing it wrong.
From what I read on here these days its not the poms telling them that and constantly complaining to them.........Thats why I think the pre-email days must have been so much better for them, back when people couldn't send daily PLEs demanding status updates!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:57 am
Just Joined

I dont think asking them why you need to fill out a the same form 3 times is being a know it all, its a fair question these people arent gods you can ask them a question!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:04 am
Just Joined

jbarnes is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think asking them why you need to fill out a the same form 3 times is being a know it all, its a fair question these people arent gods you can ask them a question!
I agree i dont think people should hassle them daily for updates but i think your well within your rights to ask them something like that its a fair question if they say because you have to and thats that fair enough but your allowed to ask.

And as for them having peoples lives in there hands they need to have a reason to reject or cancel a visa and asking a question about a form isnt one of of those reasons!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jbarnes
I agree i dont think people should hassle them daily for updates but i think your well within your rights to ask them something like that its a fair question if they say because you have to and thats that fair enough but your allowed to ask.

And as for them having peoples lives in there hands they need to have a reason to reject or cancel a visa and asking a question about a form isnt one of of those reasons!
Maybe these days I would've emailed my CO to ask, but as I said 5 years back it was a premium rate phone line to a call centre (not the CO) or snail mail. Quicker and easier to just fill it in and just send the stuff back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.