UPDATE to Fighting for her life downunder

Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:53 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default UPDATE to Fighting for her life downunder

Sorry I havn't posted for a while, I have had some bad news regarding my wife Stephanie, she has had to go into hospital recently after being fast tracked by a Haematologist who is concerned about his diagnosis which has been confirmed as Myeloma which is Cancer.
It basically attacks all the good blood cells in the bones which makes them become degenerate, compress or fracture. She has had the bone marrow test, she has started on a course of tablets to strengthen the bones & attack the disease. She is now on her 2nd treatment of chemotherapy & a few weeks away from a bone marrow transplant.
It is a very rare disease so they are hopeful for her, it generally affects older people. We are fortunate that Princess Alexander hospital in Brisbane is one of the best blood units in the world & the diagnosis has been picked up so quickly. Our consultant made the appointment for the following morning while we were at our initial consultation.
On the bleak side it is quite bleak, but we may have caught it early enough to give her the best possible chance.
The kids are fine & suspect little & I will keep it that way for the forseeable future.

3 Days later

Steph has had lots of tests, her organs are fine as the disease hasn't got at them which is good. she has no more breaks in her bones 3 fractures in her back causing immense discomfort.
The staff & facilities are fantastic & they are so proffesional, it was a blessing that we came over even if it was just to save her life, which is what we won't find out for some time yet. If we had of been back in the uk, we would of been none the wiser for a while & even then may not of got this kind of priority treatment.
Were hopeful but don't want to ask those questions just yet, we will wait a while, the best we can hope for is remission, they have said she will not do any better than that, but we remain positive.

The kids are happier than i have ever seen them, it's quite incredible really how they have slipped into this life, but they say that about kids don't they, I suppose getting all this fresh air & sunshine, plus there own way all the time is just how we would of liked it as children.

Will write again soon, love David. xxx

Of all miracles Stephanie is in remission for 3 years next week I can't tell you how much stress we've been under, but joy of joy we got this far &
guess what happened today?

WE GOT PERMENANT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFING RESIDENCY CONFIRMED BY DIAC. SHOCKED TO THE CORE THIS HAS BEEN SO DIFFICULT. iT HASN'T REALLY SUNK IN YET & YES I AM SHOUTING.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:56 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UPDATE to Fighting for her life downunder

Pleased to hear about your perm res

god with you for your wifes treatement, hope all goes well, don't really know what else to say
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:57 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidT
Sorry I havn't posted for a while, I have had some bad news regarding my wife Stephanie, she has had to go into hospital recently after being fast tracked by a Haematologist who is concerned about his diagnosis which has been confirmed as Myeloma which is Cancer.
It basically attacks all the good blood cells in the bones which makes them become degenerate, compress or fracture. She has had the bone marrow test, she has started on a course of tablets to strengthen the bones & attack the disease. She is now on her 2nd treatment of chemotherapy & a few weeks away from a bone marrow transplant.
It is a very rare disease so they are hopeful for her, it generally affects older people. We are fortunate that Princess Alexander hospital in Brisbane is one of the best blood units in the world & the diagnosis has been picked up so quickly. Our consultant made the appointment for the following morning while we were at our initial consultation.
On the bleak side it is quite bleak, but we may have caught it early enough to give her the best possible chance.
The kids are fine & suspect little & I will keep it that way for the forseeable future.

3 Days later

Steph has had lots of tests, her organs are fine as the disease hasn't got at them which is good. she has no more breaks in her bones 3 fractures in her back causing immense discomfort.
The staff & facilities are fantastic & they are so proffesional, it was a blessing that we came over even if it was just to save her life, which is what we won't find out for some time yet. If we had of been back in the uk, we would of been none the wiser for a while & even then may not of got this kind of priority treatment.
Were hopeful but don't want to ask those questions just yet, we will wait a while, the best we can hope for is remission, they have said she will not do any better than that, but we remain positive.

The kids are happier than i have ever seen them, it's quite incredible really how they have slipped into this life, but they say that about kids don't they, I suppose getting all this fresh air & sunshine, plus there own way all the time is just how we would of liked it as children.

Of all miracles Stephanie is in remission for 3 years next week I can't tell you how much stress we've been under, but joy of joy we got this far &

WE GOT PERMENANT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFING RESIDENCY CONFIRMED BY DIAC. SHOCKED TO THE CORE THIS HAS BEEN SO DIFFICULT. iT HASN'T REALLY SUNK IN YET & YES I AM SHOUTING.
Wow you have been through a difficult time and have come out smiling .

Congrats on the PR........you really deserve this.

May Steph stay healthy and happy
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on your PR

Fingers crossed steph stays well, and well done you for keeping your family safe and well, now go and enjoy your life in the sun
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

3 Days later

congratulations on your permanent residency.

i kind of know what you're going through, my dad had Myeloma. Unfortunately he had the strain that attacked his vital organs, and after much treatment he was told that the desease was under control, but his organs where damaged. He was doing ok though, and they (mum and dad), decided to go to Lanzerote a few years on. They had only been there 3 days, and i had a phone call to say he'd had a massive heart attack and died......the worst tme of my life... luckily mum had taken out a very good insurance, so flying him home wasn't a problem.
anyway i really really wish you the best of luck
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:18 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what good news all round! I too feel that emmigrating actually saved my life.

My OH and I moved to Canada in 2004 on temp work permits whilst waiting our PR. I was diagnosed with cancer in Aug 2005 and truly believe that had I stayed in the UK, my cancer would not have been caught so early on and my treatment may not have been so good, I was treated here in one of the top 10 cancer hospitals in Nth America & feel grateful every day. I am almost 2 years clear now.

Stay strong & enjoy your PR!
Louise x
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:30 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news on both fronts wish you all the best and loads of happiness for the future.

xx
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

york1e is on a distinguished road

Hi David i don't know you but i just had to say congrats, and my thoughts are with you and your family through these trying times
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

I am so pleased that your wife has been in remission for 3 years now and the fact you have just found out about PR is great too, best of luck for your future.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:18 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations - on everything!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

hi
dont know you but what wonderful news..hope steph keeps good help and fab news about pr.
Go celebrate you all deserve it..congratulations
shaz
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

TELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the rough

Hi, you don't know me. I've just read your post and had to say congratulations and best wishes.
TA
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you've had it tough... really happy that it's all working out now for you!
Good on your wife too for not letting that nasty illness get to her!!

Enjoy the good times
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. And remember that provided you've been legal all the time, which presumably you have, you will be able to apply for Australian citizenship once you have completed 4 years residence, including one year as permanent residents.

In other words, around a year from now.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

I didn't know what was coming as I read that......

BUT I am absolutely chuffed to bits for you!
Three years in remission- well done

Wonderful post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.