translating german police checks

Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

tayley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default translating german police checks

Hi guys,
has anyone recently had to get german police checks done? if so did you then have to get them translated in to english before you sent them to OZ.

Can you now scan them and e-mail them, as a couple of months ago i was told that you had to send the original police checks (both UK and German) in the post?

Many thanks for your help
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: translating german police checks

Originally Posted by tayley
Hi guys,
has anyone recently had to get german police checks done? if so did you then have to get them translated in to english before you sent them to OZ.
DIAC will normally expect anything not in English to be translated.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

You definitely have to have them translated. They also have to be translated by Immigration authorised translators. You can not just use a friend etc.

Information on the immigration website, regarding translations.

GEMS
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gems
You definitely have to have them translated. They also have to be translated by Immigration authorised translators. You can not just use a friend etc.

Information on the immigration website, regarding translations.

GEMS
Yep I agree with this, I read it on immi.gov.au yesterday.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough

We got ours translated for £10 each at the Germany embassy in London. It was very quick and easy.

good luck

We sent both copies without any problems but we where told they had to be in english.

Last edited by charmed; Jan 28th 2008 at 2:35 am.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Jojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really nice

Hi guys,

Can you now scan them and e-mail them, as a couple of months ago i was told that you had to send the original police checks (both UK and German) in the post?

Many thanks for your help
Hi tayley,
When we did our German police checks last year we scanned the originals without translation and they were accepted, we had no problems and were granted our visas.

Jo x
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

tayley is an unknown quantity at this point

thank everyone for the replys, i had a look on the translation/interpreter section of the immi web site but could not find a list of official translators, any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Jo thats gr8 that they can be scanned and that you didn't need to get yours translated - who was your case officer? (hopefully we may have the same one)

debs
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Jojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really niceJojo11 is just really nice

thank everyone for the replys, i had a look on the translation/interpreter section of the immi web site but could not find a list of official translators, any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Jo thats gr8 that they can be scanned and that you didn't need to get yours translated - who was your case officer? (hopefully we may have the same one)

debs
Hi tayley

our CO was Raechel Bos (region 1)

Good luck
Jo x
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Hi, we did not translate ours either. Waiting to see if thats a problem. Have CO already.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

you don't need an official tranlator- they are v hard to come by outside of Oz.

What you do need is a 'certified' translation- I got mine done by someone I found on the web for about £20.

You could risk sending without a translation, but it might just delay you if they ask for one.