British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   translating german police checks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/translating-german-police-checks-509350/)

tayley Jan 26th 2008 11:05 pm

translating german police checks

Hi guys,
has anyone recently had to get german police checks done? if so did you then have to get them translated in to english before you sent them to OZ.

Can you now scan them and e-mail them, as a couple of months ago i was told that you had to send the original police checks (both UK and German) in the post?

Many thanks for your help

JAJ Jan 26th 2008 11:30 pm

Re: translating german police checks

Originally Posted by tayley (Post 5843266)
Hi guys,
has anyone recently had to get german police checks done? if so did you then have to get them translated in to english before you sent them to OZ.

DIAC will normally expect anything not in English to be translated.

Gems Jan 26th 2008 11:36 pm

You definitely have to have them translated. They also have to be translated by Immigration authorised translators. You can not just use a friend etc.

Information on the immigration website, regarding translations.

GEMS

GillyG Jan 27th 2008 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Gems (Post 5843335)
You definitely have to have them translated. They also have to be translated by Immigration authorised translators. You can not just use a friend etc.

Information on the immigration website, regarding translations.

GEMS

Yep I agree with this, I read it on immi.gov.au yesterday.

charmed Jan 28th 2008 2:32 am

We got ours translated for £10 each at the Germany embassy in London. It was very quick and easy.

good luck

We sent both copies without any problems but we where told they had to be in english.

Jojo11 Jan 28th 2008 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by tayley (Post 5843266)
Hi guys,

Can you now scan them and e-mail them, as a couple of months ago i was told that you had to send the original police checks (both UK and German) in the post?

Many thanks for your help

Hi tayley,
When we did our German police checks last year we scanned the originals without translation and they were accepted, we had no problems and were granted our visas.

Jo x

tayley Jan 29th 2008 5:15 pm

thank everyone for the replys, i had a look on the translation/interpreter section of the immi web site but could not find a list of official translators, any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Jo thats gr8 that they can be scanned and that you didn't need to get yours translated - who was your case officer? (hopefully we may have the same one)

debs

Jojo11 Jan 29th 2008 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by tayley (Post 5854486)
thank everyone for the replys, i had a look on the translation/interpreter section of the immi web site but could not find a list of official translators, any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Jo thats gr8 that they can be scanned and that you didn't need to get yours translated - who was your case officer? (hopefully we may have the same one)

debs

Hi tayley

our CO was Raechel Bos (region 1)

Good luck
Jo x

Millie11 Jan 29th 2008 7:25 pm

Hi, we did not translate ours either. Waiting to see if thats a problem. Have CO already.

hereshoping Jan 29th 2008 7:26 pm

you don't need an official tranlator- they are v hard to come by outside of Oz.

What you do need is a 'certified' translation- I got mine done by someone I found on the web for about £20.

You could risk sending without a translation, but it might just delay you if they ask for one.