Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Wikiposts

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

eberjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Hey, what if there's a time gap between the qualification obtained and the job commencement. The UAC states that either the training should be undertaken within 2 years of the employment or "in concurrence" with the emloyment.. So certificates obtained before and apart any employment aren't valid???
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

farrukhzeeshan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Originally Posted by acrewood
Hi everyone
Just thought i would let you know got a positive result today from TRAskill pathway D so looks like we just scraped in. OH is a plasterer and it was dated 10th september. Acknowledgement was recvd 27th
August hope this helps anyone still waiting.
Congratulation to you acrewood. Good Luck
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

acrewood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by farrukhzeeshan
Congratulation to you acrewood. Good Luck
Thanks again everyone 5 months pregnant with third child is going to hold us up for a while so need to know how long TRA result valid for?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Thanks again everyone 5 months pregnant with third child is going to hold us up for a while so need to know how long TRA result valid for?
As far as i'm aware there is no time limit on it, but i'm sure an expert on here can confirm that.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flixy
As far as i'm aware there is no time limit on it, but i'm sure an expert on here can confirm that.

Not an expert, but you are right the TRA assessment doesn't expire.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Higgins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
Just thought i would let you know got a positive result today from TRAskill pathway D so looks like we just scraped in. OH is a plasterer and it was dated 10th september. Acknowledgement was recvd 27th
August hope this helps anyone still waiting.
Phew! Congratulations. I'm glad to hear the news.

Clare
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flixy
No, the TRA certificate does not expire. However, legislation does change, and what is necessary in order to be eligible for the visa may be affected. The points threshold may rise, possibly causing the score you have now to be too low, for example.

Regards,
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eberjoe
Hey, what if there's a time gap between the qualification obtained and the job commencement. The UAC states that either the training should be undertaken within 2 years of the employment or "in concurrence" with the emloyment.. So certificates obtained before and apart any employment aren't valid???
Dear eberjoe,

It's not that they're not valid, it's just that for something to be considered an "informal apprenticeship" (route B), the training received has to be either concurrent with, or within two years of the first job (where the on-the-job training was received).

Regards,
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Acrewood,

Congratulations, hope all else goes smoothly for you all.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:18 am
Just Joined

eberjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kathryn44
Dear eberjoe,

It's not that they're not valid, it's just that for something to be considered an "informal apprenticeship" (route B), the training received has to be either concurrent with, or within two years of the first job (where the on-the-job training was received).

Regards,
Thank you for your clarification, Kathryn!
It seems there's no hope for me then, unless things will change after the elections and a new version of Pathway "D" will come up!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eberjoe
Thank you for your clarification, Kathryn!
It seems there's no hope for me then, unless things will change after the elections and a new version of Pathway "D" will come up!
Best of luck!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:39 am
wee irish girl

gabb9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kathryn,

I wonder if you can advise me. My husband is a Chef and we were hoping to apply using pathway D like many others. Since it has been removed we have had to re-think our options. He is not a qualified chef but runs a four star hotel restaurant and is considered management in the hotel. In ireland we can apply for his skills to be recognised based on work experience and he will recieve a certificate to say that he is of the standard of a fully qualified chef. Do you think TRA will accept this as will will essentially hold an Irish qualification in the end?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gabb9
Kathryn,

I wonder if you can advise me. My husband is a Chef and we were hoping to apply using pathway D like many others. Since it has been removed we have had to re-think our options. He is not a qualified chef but runs a four star hotel restaurant and is considered management in the hotel. In ireland we can apply for his skills to be recognised based on work experience and he will recieve a certificate to say that he is of the standard of a fully qualified chef. Do you think TRA will accept this as will will essentially hold an Irish qualification in the end?
Hi Ger,

To go through Route B of the TRA it is not so much that you need to be recognized as qualified, as much as having to be able to show at least 900 hrs of college training/instruction.

It will also be important to look at the kind of work he has done int he last few years - if it is management rather than chef work, that may present a problem.

Can I suggest that you call us here for an assessment (it's free)? You'll then be able to know more confidently whether your husband qualifies for a positive skills assessment throught the TRA or not. You'll need a copy of his current CV.

Send me a personal email if you want the number.

Regards,
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

Just got the results back from our agent and our stuff has been returned along with payment.

Submitted on the 24th of august.

Canada anyone?

Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:23 am
wee irish girl

gabb9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lee28
Just got the results back from our agent and our stuff has been returned along with payment.

Submitted on the 24th of august.

Canada anyone?

AWW so sorry to hear that. What profession are you in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.