Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Thank you very much for your reply Alan.

I will have a look through the info held in the links and if I need some explaination I might take you up on your offer

I am off to bed now. Head hurting a bit.

Thanks again,
Ren.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Antne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Thanks for posting, this helps me very much
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Amarinder is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Friends

As per the TRA Summer Bulletin published on the TRA web site about the future of Skill Path D IN the early New Year, but so far there is no such news has come up by TRA. If any one had any information about that, please do share with us.

Thanks

Regards

Amarinder Gandhi
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:43 pm
ann
Forum Regular

ann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
In an unexpected announcement affecting skilled migration to Australia, the body that assesses the competencies of most trade skills occupations (Trades Recognition Australia) has announced the removal of the assessment pathway for those who do not have qualifications.
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=424

Best regards.
Does any one know what qualifications count to get a visa? i am in recruitment and working towards diploma, does that count?
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

destination_Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amarinder
Dear Friends

As per the TRA Summer Bulletin published on the TRA web site about the future of Skill Path D IN the early New Year, but so far there is no such news has come up by TRA. If any one had any information about that, please do share with us.

Thanks

Regards

Amarinder Gandhi
Hi

I'm currently applying for a skilled migration visa to Australia. I have an agency managing my application and have sent off all relevent documentation for my visa to be processed. I am a mechanic by trade and therefore have to undergo the trade assessment through Vetassess.

Are there any mechanics out there who could tell me what to expect at the assessment? How intense is it? What sort of questions do they ask?

If anyone is able to help I would be very grateful. Thanks

Paul
Old Jan 20th 2008, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maisey
I e mailed my agent and yes you are safe so relax, your visa is already in.
I felt sick too.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing my visa and i think you will find everyone from the uk, india, sri lanka, south africa and the philippines are meant to apply through VETASSESS. The TRA deal with the others...Even if you do not have qualifications you can still apply through them as long as you have sufficient evidence that you have been working in your given trade.I hope this helps everyone.
Just visit WWW.VETASSESS.COM.

lee
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:18 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeLee
Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing my visa and i think you will find everyone from the uk, india, sri lanka, south africa and the philippines are meant to apply through VETASSESS. The TRA deal with the others...Even if you do not have qualifications you can still apply through them as long as you have sufficient evidence that you have been working in your given trade.I hope this helps everyone.
Just visit WWW.VETASSESS.COM.

lee
Hi Lee,

thanks for the post, however, I think you will find that different trades are assessed by the different organisations...with no disrespect, most of us have or are using agents and I'm pretty certain that they know their vetassess from the tra's.......but again thanks for the info. If only it were that easy!

Ems x
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smiling4
Hi Lee,

thanks for the post, however, I think you will find that different trades are assessed by the different organisations...with no disrespect, most of us have or are using agents and I'm pretty certain that they know their vetassess from the tra's.......but again thanks for the info. If only it were that easy!

Ems x
Hi Ems,

I am also going through an agent...i was referring to construction trades such as Carpenters, Plumbers, Electricians, Bricklayers, cable jointers etc. Alot of the posts i have read are from people who aren't anywhere near the visa process.Also i find there is alot of hear'say and i would recommend speaking to an agent and visiting sites such as WWW.IMMI.GOV.AU and WWW.VETASSES.COM These sites will tell you everything there is to know about obtaining a visa and the right visa for you.

Sorry, just trying to help as it is definately a stressful thing!

Good luck everyone!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:40 pm
Come on down...........

a and ts mum will become famous soon enough

COME ON TRA, PLEASE UPDATE US, DON'T KEEP US WAITING MUCH LONGER!

There, that feels better, for today anyway.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by a and ts mum

Ditto that!! Let's all send our thoughts to the TRA telepathically, it's worth a try
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:30 pm

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flixy
Ditto that!! Let's all send our thoughts to the TRA telepathically, it's worth a try
OK...count me in on that one too......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm...telepathic transfer mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ems x
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:14 pm
Come on down...........

I'm up for it too........."mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

May take more than the three of us though,
Sooo... come on everyone, join in and the answer we're waiting for could be waiting for us all in the morning

"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

I'm up for it too........."mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

May take more than the three of us though,
Sooo... come on everyone, join in and the answer we're waiting for could be waiting for us all in the morning

"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
So is it the first thing you check on the computer every morning like me??
'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM'
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:19 pm
Come on down...........

Originally Posted by Flixy
So is it the first thing you check on the computer every morning like me??
'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM'
I'm afraid so. It's not really taking over my life

Okay so it has, but I just want to get going and the sooner I know what the TRA have decided the sooner I know where we stand. It's the not knowing, and we haven't even started yet!

"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:18 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmust admit I am there at the drop of a mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ems x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.