Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Originally Posted by ex_exile
This "free forum" is not all about asking the professionals for free advice, its also for mutual support during a long and involved life changing journey, i.e. immigrating to another country.
Very true. But I would agree with Alan - if only to find out whether you're truly eligible or not!!! Even if you decide to do the work on your own, it's very worth finding out your chances of a visa in the end!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

geordie-gill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Hi
Can anyone let me know if cat.b. has also been removed (informal apprenticeship). cheers
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordie-gill
Hi
Can anyone let me know if cat.b. has also been removed (informal apprenticeship). cheers
No, it is still a viable pathway. You need to have 900 hrs formal training though.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

carlos73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kathryn44
No, it is still a viable pathway. You need to have 900 hrs formal training though.
Hi all
can anyone tell me what counts as formal training im a plasterer with 7 years on site exp was trained by an experienced plasterer and got an nvq level 3 in solid plastering does this count as formal training for pathway b?
thanx
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Chippie Minton is an unknown quantity at this point

Referring back to posts re. using an agent...
We have an agent based in Perth who was on recommendation, unfortunately he is not very pro-active and basically told us, when he heard this news, that we probably wouldn't get in. Gutted?? You bet.
So I pm'd one of the people on here, outlining our situation and asked if he could advise us, for payment! Or recommend an agent suited to us, I am a carpenter with no 'on-paper' qualifications. Heard nothing back.
My partner and I are British but living in The Netherlands so we cannot use VETTASSES route.
Not being one to give up, believing that Oz really do want decent skilled people, I have investigated getting an 'on-paper' qualification in the UK so I can try pathway E.
So, my question to you all please is does anyone know if an NVQ 2 in carpentry is acceptable down pathway E and does it matter if you only just got it, even though I have 15 yrs experience.
I am also making other lines of enquiry but would appreciate an answer if someone knows this.
Good luck everyone and keep believing in your dreams, this site helps us enormously with talking to people in exactly the same boat as us, friends and family just aren't the same, and don't stop enjoying today whilst constantly waiting for tomorrow
Cheers
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:35 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chippie Minton
Referring back to posts re. using an agent...
We have an agent based in Perth who was on recommendation, unfortunately he is not very pro-active and basically told us, when he heard this news, that we probably wouldn't get in. Gutted?? You bet.
So I pm'd one of the people on here, outlining our situation and asked if he could advise us, for payment! Or recommend an agent suited to us, I am a carpenter with no 'on-paper' qualifications. Heard nothing back.
My partner and I are British but living in The Netherlands so we cannot use VETTASSES route.
Not being one to give up, believing that Oz really do want decent skilled people, I have investigated getting an 'on-paper' qualification in the UK so I can try pathway E.
So, my question to you all please is does anyone know if an NVQ 2 in carpentry is acceptable down pathway E and does it matter if you only just got it, even though I have 15 yrs experience.
I am also making other lines of enquiry but would appreciate an answer if someone knows this.
Good luck everyone and keep believing in your dreams, this site helps us enormously with talking to people in exactly the same boat as us, friends and family just aren't the same, and don't stop enjoying today whilst constantly waiting for tomorrow
Cheers
Dear CM,

I'm not all that reliable on my PMs if it was me. If you'd like to email me with your CV I'd be delighted to tell you what I think. Not sure I can help though.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Chippie Minton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear CM,

I'm not all that reliable on my PMs if it was me. If you'd like to email me with your CV I'd be delighted to tell you what I think. Not sure I can help though.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks very much George, will do as you suggest.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

I take it this won't affect visa applications already lodged if the TRA has already been sucessfull ?

Shona
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

toni and andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

hi everyone!! i am just wanting some advice as me and my parnter are just starting to plan to move to australia but he is only a skilled electrical engineer he has done the job since school which is 6 years any advice on what kind of visa to go for as they have now removed the skilled visa!! thanks for all advise and good look to you all that are in the same predicament as us
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
I take it this won't affect visa applications already lodged if the TRA has already been sucessfull ?

Shona

No it won't affect your application.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toni and andy
hi everyone!! i am just wanting some advice as me and my parnter are just starting to plan to move to australia but he is only a skilled electrical engineer he has done the job since school which is 6 years any advice on what kind of visa to go for as they have now removed the skilled visa!! thanks for all advise and good look to you all that are in the same predicament as us

They haven't removed the skilled independent visa, they've just changed the subclass. It's now a 175

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../175/index.htm

or do you mean that you are no longer eligible to apply for a skills assessment with the removal of pathway D?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:55 am
Just Joined

toni and andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Originally Posted by Wendy
They haven't removed the skilled independent visa, they've just changed the subclass. It's now a 175

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../175/index.htm

or do you mean that you are no longer eligible to apply for a skills assessment with the removal of pathway D?
Hi....
thats great just looked at the web page you gave me an think that we would be able to apply for that off to the event in York Saturday so shoud find out alot more things and thank you for your help toni xx
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by toni and andy
Hi....
thats great just looked at the web page you gave me an think that we would be able to apply for that off to the event in York Saturday so shoud find out alot more things and thank you for your help toni xx

You're welcome, anytime
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:54 pm
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

our agent told us to carry on typing out my work experience its bloody hard graft trying to remember simple tasks from 18 years ago then try and type them out just finished first glass of red listening to pink floyd for a bit of inspiration
Old Sep 29th 2007, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

eberjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ivorfatarse
our agent told us to carry on typing out my work experience its bloody hard graft trying to remember simple tasks from 18 years ago then try and type them out just finished first glass of red listening to pink floyd for a bit of inspiration
hahaha... great ideas for inspiration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.