TRA and stat decs

Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA and stat decs

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Please could anyone advise on thew following;

I have around 19 years sheet metal experience but have only one years city and guilds certification. I can get the last seven and a half years detailed references from my previous employer but am having trouble getting the rest. Two company's have ceased trading and the other has changed names loads of times but have not kept details of my employment when i was there and are very reluctlant to help.

So would TRA accept one years city and guilds certification plus the last seven and a half years detailed references from my previous employer and three stat decs regarding all other employers?

Please advise! there must have been others in the same situation!!!

Thanks

Rob
Rob when you say detailed references from your employer what depth of detail do the get into? how long of a reference?? what details does this include?

Cheers Gary
Old Aug 15th 2004, 6:45 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gary,

What i have done is written down everything that i did in the job, what tools i used, how i used them, what drawings etc, then contacted my ex employers and sent them what i have written down to them to read, check and to put on headed paper and sign.

The more detail that you can put down, the better.

Hope it helps

Rob

QUOTE=kathmand194]Rob when you say detailed references from your employer what depth of detail do the get into? how long of a reference?? what details does this include?

Cheers Gary[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:39 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
We are using the Visa Bureau in Harley Street in London. They use a company called DGA Associates based in Adelaide, apparently they are just down the road from the TRA.

Lucy
Hi Emma,

"Just down the road" would be the 14 hour trip on the Sturt Highway to Canberra, where TRA are :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi Gary,

What i have done is written down everything that i did in the job, what tools i used, how i used them, what drawings etc, then contacted my ex employers and sent them what i have written down to them to read, check and to put on headed paper and sign.

The more detail that you can put down, the better.

Hope it helps

Rob

QUOTE=kathmand194]Rob when you say detailed references from your employer what depth of detail do the get into? how long of a reference?? what details does this include?

Cheers Gary
[/QUOTE]

My employers letters have come back, there not very detailed only a page or less, the bit I do myself will obviosly be in depth and I have my full apprenticeship papers. Do you think this will cause problems?
Old Aug 16th 2004, 2:06 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

My employers letters have come back, there not very detailed only a page or less, the bit I do myself will obviosly be in depth and I have my full apprenticeship papers. Do you think this will cause problems?[/QUOTE]

Hi
Our references were only a page long and our agent said they were fine our agent also told us you can send too much info its about quality not quanity ?? How right he is until we get the result.
Kay
Old Aug 16th 2004, 2:40 pm
diegomaradonna

Exclamation Re: TRA and stat decs

Headed notepaper(official)
exact dates of start and finish 19/12/71-21/12/84 etc,not 11/71-12/84 as they will ask for proof
Trade classification and hours worked, part time must be over 20 hrs to qual
brief business explantion,how long bus established how many employees,etc

All of your services/things made etc

Duties in the job other than your job, making brews, banking ,stock, whatever/everything

all tools equipment used, i.e. bricks mortar spirit level, kettle everything,etc

personal ref(optional)

all on company letter head official paper.

If its closed down staty decs witnessed in front of sol,jp,notary detailing all of the above and as much info as you can give.

hope this helps.

pm me if you need an email of any of these and you can buy them via paypal for £3 each for templates of stat decs,c.v. employer refs, as i had to shell out £3000 and want to help as well as get some bloody money back!!

hope these help anyway, and dont call me a miser, these things are like hens teeth for the applicants who arent using an agent.

diego