TRA Skills Assesment

Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:12 am
Just Joined

jm157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Skills Assesment

Hi Dlowe
Im so sorry that you didnt get your skills,My hubby did the IELTS 4 times kept getting 9,8.5,8,7.5. finely got it after a lot of studding.

Dont give up on your dreams

Jess
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlowe
Hi, thanks for your reply. When I spoke to my agent he suggested using a tutor for the ielts so if you have some contacts this would be very helpful., I know with the ielts is all about the technique and timing rather than what you know.. unfortunately for my husband he's the one who has to retake the test, I feel so helpless as all the stress is on him. I guess we've just got to take it from here, god knows how long it will take us to get to Australia now if ever. My daughter will be 16 in November, will her age change anything. By this I mean will she still be classed as a child on our application, surely she won't have to apply on her own?
She'll still be able to go on your application as long as she's still dependent on you - if she leaves school and gets a job you start to run into problems.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Steviet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello dlowe. Gutted for you and yours. Has your husband tried to get in touch with engineering body. I think it will be EMTA or EMA. It was when I did my apprenticeship. They must have it on a system or archive somewhere. His certificates will have a code and a governing name on them. Try getting in touch with the training centre if he went to one.
Hope you find that cert somewhere. Good luck
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

tra2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

It took exactly 6 months. Finally the status is showing successful. Not sure though if I will be able to arrange everything before July 1st. guys and all the best to everyone still waiting.
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

michaelajwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tra2012
It took exactly 6 months. Finally the status is showing successful. Not sure though if I will be able to arrange everything before July 1st. guys and all the best to everyone still waiting.
Hiya when did you apply?? We have been waiting 6 months and 2 days now and still have not heard anything, I am getting so disheartened now, like you say even when we get this result now we are going to be pushing to get all the other bits in and back by 1st July :-(
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

movingdownunderihope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michaelajwest
Hiya when did you apply?? We have been waiting 6 months and 2 days now and still have not heard anything, I am getting so disheartened now, like you say even when we get this result now we are going to be pushing to get all the other bits in and back by 1st July :-(
How many times have you contacted TRA?
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by movingdownunderihope
How many times have you contacted TRA?

The agent has contacted them a few times on our behalf and we contacted them by email about 3 months ago and got told that we must allow 60 working days and by that time it had already been about 90 days, my husband then called them and they wouldn't give us any information other than that they have all the documents they need and it is being dealt with and that was about 3 weeks ago and I have now emailed them again 2 days ago and as of yet not heard back.
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

movingdownunderihope is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent you a pm
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:07 am
Just Joined

I applied last year around the end of Oct. They will try to complete all the assessments before the end of June, as per the last conversation I had with an agent on the phone before receiving my assessment. I am retaking the IELTS to claim 10 points since my score was less then 7 in one of the band. Really scared and worried what the score will be this time and if I will get the SS before the end of June.

Last edited by tra2012; May 3rd 2012 at 11:09 am.
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tra2012
I applied last year around the end of Oct. They will try to complete all the assessments before the end of June, as per the last conversation I had with an agent on the phone before receiving my assessment. I am retaking the IELTS to claim 10 points since my score was less then 7 in one of the band. Really scared and worried what the score will be this time and if I will get the SS before the end of June.
We still have to apply for SS, does anyone know if we can apply for that before we get an outcome from the TRA, just some peoples posts I have read it sounds as if they have put SS in before receiving their TRA outcome?
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

We still have to apply for SS, does anyone know if we can apply for that before we get an outcome from the TRA, just some peoples posts I have read it sounds as if they have put SS in before receiving their TRA outcome?
No, you can not. The States make sure that have a positive assessment and 65 points in total. Its one of the requirements and documents that you have to upload during the application process.
Old May 5th 2012, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

robclaireinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
Our TRA is nearly ready to post does anyone think its worth sending now or shouls i wait until the 1 st of july, i dont really know what to do now if they are going to be changing SOL.

any ideas many thanks

Last edited by robclaireinoz; May 5th 2012 at 9:55 pm.
Old May 6th 2012, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

krazys back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robclaireinoz
Hi there
Our TRA is nearly ready to post does anyone think its worth sending now or shouls i wait until the 1 st of july, i dont really know what to do now if they are going to be changing SOL.

any ideas many thanks
Hi - yes, if you are serious about going then you wont get in without the positive TRA assessment. If you have concerns that the SOL is changing (your gut feeling) or have any doubts then I can understand you holding off - however, this thread is all about the frustrations of the time the TRA are taking (and welcome by the way!) and if you dont send it now, you MAY still have a 6-month wait for an answer - ie get it sent now so at least the clock is ticking.

To confirm, the main change is the change to Skill Select though, the SOL list may (likely???) change as the skill requirements for the country will change.

There are many people on this site though with fantastic experience and knowledge of the process so keep an eye open for their responses too. At least they can talk from experience of being in Oz too ...

Good luck and keep us posted on your progression!
Old May 8th 2012, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Steviet is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: TRA Skills Assesment

Hello all. I have had an unsuccessful outcome, gutted. Have forgotten to put payslips and P60 into envelope. Now waiting for a review phone call. Gonna cost another $300. Hope I hear back soon as July is not far away. Has anyone else had a review, how long did a response take?
Old May 9th 2012, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

krazys back is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - we also have had our bad news today. Now going to take some to decide what to do next.

Good luck to you all still waiting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.