Just Joined

Steviet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Skills Assesment

Nope
Old Mar 1st 2012, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

krazys back is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you guys not heard anything yet? Wow, we had a message the other day.....

Sorry, no we havent heard anything, just trying to lighten the mood...

The 5-months message someone posted feels about true and thus, may be another 6-weeks or so yet. Oh well, we get to enjoy this spring weather we are having (my bloody hay fever has kicked in I think)
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Danielstea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,
I'm about to send my appl to TRA . How did you pay the fee ?? TRA wants to pay only by cheque or money order but they don't tell their bank details . What should I do ?

Thanks ,
Daniel
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

michaelajwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours was done through our agent so they took our card details, they did say we may get a call from the bank as the transaction would be made in Australia, so I am assuming TRA took it direct from our card as a debit payment
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

I paid by international bankers cheque. Barclays bank cost £25 and a day to get it. It tells you who to make it out to on the info pack. Something like the collector of public monies. I sent everything by ups. Don't really trust the royal mail
Old Mar 4th 2012, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Danielstea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steviet
I paid by international bankers cheque. Barclays bank cost £25 and a day to get it. It tells you who to make it out to on the info pack. Something like the collector of public monies. I sent everything by ups. Don't really trust the royal mail
Hi Steviet,

Thanks for reply . In international cheque form did you fill the TRA bank details ( like account number or BIC / swift code ) ??? Or you just write "to DEEWR " and note " for "‘The collector of public monies DEEWR’' and nothing else ??/

Thanks ,
Daniel
Old Mar 4th 2012, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Hello

Yes I just sent to the address and marked who to pay. Had no Info for the account details. Apparently the post office do transfers but couldnt be bothered with the chew
Old Mar 4th 2012, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Emma329 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone done the English test yet or the construction skills test? How did they go? Are they easy? We are English so hoping the English test is straight forward. Lol
Can anyone help?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Have done the IELTs test and passed but I would advice to revise for it. Isn't that straight forward. Depends on what scores you need also.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

PrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant futurePrestonJim has a brilliant future

A good start for finding out about the IELTS is one of the books that has copies of the tests in (I have got "IELTS 8- official exam papers"- about £7 or 8 from eBay) Get one that has a CD with the listening test on. This is the part my wife thinks I may have a problem with...
Don't rely on the IELTS website for example tests- quite limited examples
Old Mar 5th 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

krazys back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PrestonJim
A good start for finding out about the IELTS is one of the books that has copies of the tests in (I have got "IELTS 8- official exam papers"- about £7 or 8 from eBay) Get one that has a CD with the listening test on. This is the part my wife thinks I may have a problem with...
Don't rely on the IELTS website for example tests- quite limited examples
Agree with everything said here and get someone 'neutral' where possible to review your writing test. Get some objective feedback who wont lose anything by giving you honest feedback as the books only give examples and wont score you for how you've written it (hope that makes sense - havent had it proof read )
Old Mar 5th 2012, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

dlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nice

Originally Posted by movingdownunderihope
bump. Any news anybody?
just wrote a long reply and lost it all, anyway to make it short i phoned tra on Friday, i was told they have just finished doing the end of Septembers applications and to phone back in 10 working days time to see where its at in the que. good luck to anyone who sent there applications in September. Hopefully ours wont be too much longer!
Old Mar 6th 2012, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Hello dlowe

Can I ask what sort of skill you have just unsure to whether TRA have different people checking different skill sets. Or does anyone else have any idea. I'm a toolmaker by the way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.