TRA PASS - 2nd attempt!!!!

Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:23 pm
Get me out of here!!

Jules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the rough
Talking TRA PASS - 2nd attempt!!!!

Hi folks

Well not been on this site for a good few months as was getting naffed off with getting no where and was driving him in doors nuts with everybodys elses good news!!

Well after our miserable fail on the TRA last year we went to an agent who has been brill. We lodged our 2nd TRA application at the end of January and got it back on Thursday with a big fat PASS - YEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

We have also changed from General Skilled Visa to the RSMS as Steve has a job offer - so everything is going well for a change.

We had our medicals today - so if anyone is getting them done in Preston I can highly recommend the doc - he was great and the kids loved him!!!

We have also sold our house and the shippers come in 2 weeks to take all our worldly goods with them. We should have our visa in about 6 weeks time (all being well) and if this end bit goes pear shaped them will have to go buy another bloody house!!!

It seems to have gone from a year of nothing but dead ends to everything happening all at once. So to everyone who feels naffed off and fed up like you are getting nowhere - just hang on in there cos on the 19th January 2006 I was posted our TRA and now we have it and the visa is just around the corner (fingers crossed) - so don't give up!!!

Jules x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA PASS - 2nd attempt!!!!

Originally Posted by Jules&Steve
Hi folks

Well not been on this site for a good few months as was getting naffed off with getting no where and was driving him in doors nuts with everybodys elses good news!!

Well after our miserable fail on the TRA last year we went to an agent who has been brill. We lodged our 2nd TRA application at the end of January and got it back on Thursday with a big fat PASS - YEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

We have also changed from General Skilled Visa to the RSMS as Steve has a job offer - so everything is going well for a change.

We had our medicals today - so if anyone is getting them done in Preston I can highly recommend the doc - he was great and the kids loved him!!!

We have also sold our house and the shippers come in 2 weeks to take all our worldly goods with them. We should have our visa in about 6 weeks time (all being well) and if this end bit goes pear shaped them will have to go buy another bloody house!!!

It seems to have gone from a year of nothing but dead ends to everything happening all at once. So to everyone who feels naffed off and fed up like you are getting nowhere - just hang on in there cos on the 19th January 2006 I was posted our TRA and now we have it and the visa is just around the corner (fingers crossed) - so don't give up!!!

Jules x
Congratulations Jules and good luck for when the visa comes through!!!
Lynne and Mick
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:33 pm
Get me out of here!!

Jules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Lynne & Mick

And many congratulations on your TRA pass also - seems like they are getting them out a lot quicker this year!!!

Best of luck with the visa app

Jules x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:34 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: TRA PASS - 2nd attempt!!!!

Hi folks

Jules x
Congrats!

R.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Jules - could you let us know the docs you used for your medicals? We're near Whalley just out of Blackburn so I think we'd need to visit Preston for our medicals - not quite at that stage yet but hopefully not too long off. Anyway - congrats on your TRA news!!! That's one of the biggies out the way now!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:39 pm
Get me out of here!!

Hi milliewoos

The doc was Dr P S Ormerod at 11 Moor Park Avenue, Preston Tel 251507

His fees are : Adult medicals £95 each
Childrens medicals £50 each
Blood tests £35 each

We had our x-rays done at Fulwood Hall Hospital - £60 each

Dr Ormerod was absolutely fantastic - made us all feel very relaxed and even got my 6 year old little girl to be his little helper when doing the medicals on her brother and her dad - she loved it and they both got lollies for being good. Couldn't recommend him more!!!

Thanks for your good wishes - am glad its out of the way don't think we could have handled another fail. Best of luck with yours

Jules x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all this info. It's always good to go with a recommendation. Out of interest whereabouts are you headed??
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also - which agents have you used? I'm pushing my hubby to go with an agent as I'm feeling the pressure by doing all the compiling of information myself. Scared to death of cocking it all up!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:47 pm
Get me out of here!!

We are off to Mandurah - Western Australia - provided we don't fall at the last hurdle!!!! Ever the pessimist!!!!

We haev never been to Australia before but my best mate moved out to Bassendean 2 years ago (about 70 kms from Mandurah) and she has sold it to me so if we don't like it I am on the look out for a new best mate!!!

How about you - where do you fancy heading to??

Jules x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:49 pm
Get me out of here!!

Originally Posted by milliewoos
Also - which agents have you used? I'm pushing my hubby to go with an agent as I'm feeling the pressure by doing all the compiling of information myself. Scared to death of cocking it all up!

We used John Nye, of AMSAS - really great guy - we used him cos of the failed TRA the first time and when we look at that to the second one we put in it's no wonder we failed.

If you do want to use an agent send me a PM and will give you his contact details.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're looking at going to Mornington outside of Melbourne. Went on a 3 week reccie last August - it scared me how far away it is (I know, it's such a stupid thing to say!!) but we can really see us and the kids having a good life there. Don't think you'll need a new best mate anyway! Fancied looking at WA myself but my husband still wants seasons - go figure. Will PM you now. Thanks for all your info!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: TRA PASS - 2nd attempt!!!!

Hi Guys,

I don't mean to sound nosey but can i ask why you failed first time.

I have doubts as to weather i will get a tra cert as i only have 4 1/2 years experiance in Airconditioning and i was told i need 6. Just wondering if your found a way round?
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:41 pm
kch
Forum Regular

kch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of light

Hi folks

Jules x
Excellent, good luck with the main app!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:44 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops I missed this thread the first time round!
Massive congrats - welcome to the Secondtime Club!
I has become tradition that I present you with your membership card (its a very exclusive club!)

Claire
x
Hi folks

Jules x
Attached Thumbnails TRA PASS - 2nd attempt!!!!-membership-card.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:58 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: TRA PASS - 2nd attempt!!!!

Hi folks

Jules x
Hey Congrats !!!

Lots of TRA winners now !!

Woohoo

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.