TRA at last

Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA at last

Hi Jo
Thanks
At least the sombrero is safe now.
The deeming date is when the TRA deem you qualified in that trade. Any work after that date then counts as work experience.
At the present I only have 8 months work experience but need a min of 12 months to get 5 points. We were hoping to claim 10 points so we will need to put down the bond.
I put down 9 years experience for my TRA assessment.
I did fear this would happen and although it is a bummer it could have been worse if they had failed me altogether.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Can't you ask the lady to photocopy it and post it to you?

Graham
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:01 am
joveazey

Talking Re: TRA at last

Hi Graham,

Sorry to be thick but if you put down however many years work experience, how can they say it took so long to qualify ??

My agent is back from hols tomorrow so I'll wait and speak to her then. She'll probably say it's all a big mistake and we haven't passed at all !!

Am a bit p****d off about the sombrero - I'm bloody starving !!

Good luck

Jo

Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo

I don't think many people can work out how they work out the experience.

I'm sure they have their guidelines they work to.

It does seem as for my trade that 7-8 years is the norm.
Like I said before we should be grateful that we passed at all. I did have my doubts.

Sorry about the hat but if your'e really that hungry then tuck in.

Graham
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joveazey
Hi Graham,

Sorry to be thick but if you put down however many years work experience, how can they say it took so long to qualify ??

My agent is back from hols tomorrow so I'll wait and speak to her then. She'll probably say it's all a big mistake and we haven't passed at all !!

Am a bit p****d off about the sombrero - I'm bloody starving !!

Good luck

Jo
The deeming date is something I haven't seen explained at all. In our case it was 8 years into my husbands army career. Take 3 years of for qualifications that still means it took him 5 years to get to the deeming date. Sorry but far to confusing for me. Lucky he always been in the same sort of business so the deeming date is not a problem to us.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:31 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simbacat
The deeming date is something I haven't seen explained at all. In our case it was 8 years into my husbands army career. Take 3 years of for qualifications that still means it took him 5 years to get to the deeming date. Sorry but far to confusing for me. Lucky he always been in the same sort of business so the deeming date is not a problem to us.
I know, considering they are apparently so desperate for skilled people why do they make it so bloomin' confusing??
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:14 am
joveazey

Red face Re: TRA at last

Hi Graham,

Just for information, I have now found out that Mark's deeming date is 1st September 1992. He started work with the company in September 1986 and did not do an apprenticeship but did "on the job training". So basically, they are saying that he was a bricklayer up to their standards, after 6 years. All this stuff is very complicated isn't it ???

Jo

Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:24 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi all

Well I guess from Sara's earlier thread you realise we have news from the TRA.

Well you'll be right. Although there is good news and bad news.

First the good news.

We got a call from our agent at around 8 this morning. She has received the letter from the TRA and we have a positive assessment.

Yeesssssss!!!!!!

Now the bad news
We asked about the deeming date.
December 2003

Noooooooo!!!!

What this means is that we won't be able to apply until December 2004 as we won't have the 12 of the last 18 months work experience.
Because of this it means we will have to put up the bond to get 110 points.

We had hoped to get an early deeming date an get the 10 points for work experience.

It has left us, and especially Sara, a bit deflated, angry and upset.

We have been waiting for this day for ages and when it comes we were expecting to be celebrating, instead we now on a bit of a downer again. It's that rollercoaster ride feeling again.

Anyway at least we have the positive result we've been waiting for.
Our agent is going to email us tomorrow with our options.

Hope the rest of you waiting get your results soon.

Graham
Congrats on the positive TRA assesment!
Sorry to hear about the deeming date"that just sucks" after the length of time you guys waited on a decision.
Decembers not too far away so just prepare yourselves in the mean time,everybit of good news is a step forward.
Keep your chins up & look forward.
Donna.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:50 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Graham and Sara

Congratulations on the positive assessment...sorry about the deeming date ...

You'll get there in the end....maybe the harder the journey the more you will appreciate the destination???!!!

Best wishes
Carole
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the positive skills assessment, thats the most difficult bit done.

I think that the deeming date thing is so silly, ecspecially when they are crying out for trades. My agent told us that the TRA are going to phase out deeming dates, because I think the tra is one of the only few assessing bodys that still use them!!! (Shame they did'nt bloddy hurry up and phase them out a few months ago!!)

Anyway, I hope the rest of your application goes smoothly & quickly
Daihla
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:46 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

well done on the positive assessment, ive just sent mine off so i should have a decision by the time your deeming date is passed.

DONT WORRY ITLL FLY BY!!

LONG WET AUTUMN!!

SOON TO BE HALLOWEEN, THEN

XMAS!!

It goes so quickly when we arent waiting!!

Be patient youll soon be there and then complain that you DIDNT have enough time!!

Good luck.
alk
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: TRA at last

Hi all

Well I guess from Sara's earlier thread you realise we have news from the TRA.

Well you'll be right. Although there is good news and bad news.

First the good news.

We got a call from our agent at around 8 this morning. She has received the letter from the TRA and we have a positive assessment.

Yeesssssss!!!!!!

Now the bad news
We asked about the deeming date.
December 2003

Noooooooo!!!!

What this means is that we won't be able to apply until December 2004 as we won't have the 12 of the last 18 months work experience.
Because of this it means we will have to put up the bond to get 110 points.

We had hoped to get an early deeming date an get the 10 points for work experience.

It has left us, and especially Sara, a bit deflated, angry and upset.

We have been waiting for this day for ages and when it comes we were expecting to be celebrating, instead we now on a bit of a downer again. It's that rollercoaster ride feeling again.

Anyway at least we have the positive result we've been waiting for.
Our agent is going to email us tomorrow with our options.

Hope the rest of you waiting get your results soon.

Graham
Good to hear you got the all clear. Keep your chin up December is not that far away. Although, we can talk we have not even sent off our TRA assessment yet and have been collecting evidence, statements etc since January. Almost there though and hope to get it sent off soon if we don't have nervous breakdowns before then.

Jan
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for all your kind support.

We did have a bit of a rollercoaster ride today but things have settled down.

Sara has cheered up now.

We are awaiting an email from our agent as to what the next step will be.

We will keep you updated on our progress.

Graham
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone for all your kind support.

We did have a bit of a rollercoaster ride today but things have settled down.

Sara has cheered up now.

We are awaiting an email from our agent as to what the next step will be.

We will keep you updated on our progress.

Graham

Hi, congrats!!

Seen your post on Adbrits and the deeming date seems right if you say it was '97 when you started main job experience. The TRA say you need 6 years exp. to say your skilled. In other words 6 years to get skilled. Deeming date is the date you got skilled, 1997 + 6 years, hence 2003. Well it makes sense to me!!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Hi, congrats!!

Seen your post on Adbrits and the deeming date seems right if you say it was '97 when you started main job experience. The TRA say you need 6 years exp. to say your skilled. In other words 6 years to get skilled. Deeming date is the date you got skilled, 1997 + 6 years, hence 2003. Well it makes sense to me!!

Hi Graham
Thanks

My first proper Pre Press job was in 1998 and before that I think the TRA didn't take this too seriously. It does add up but just would have been nice to have got the earlier date.

Are you coming to the P'Boro meet on next weekend?
I agree it will be a bit confusing although Sara is not a Sarah.

Graham
Old Aug 26th 2004, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Graham
Thanks

My first proper Pre Press job was in 1998 and before that I think the TRA didn't take this too seriously. It does add up but just would have been nice to have got the earlier date.

Are you coming to the P'Boro meet on next weekend?
I agree it will be a bit confusing although Sara is not a Sarah.

Graham

Maybe, might be a bit busy though as Im hopefully off to the JP on the Monday to get the copies certed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.